Donald Trump says US should consider giving drug dealers death penalty

• Thread starter Thread starter MonteRCMS
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps the government ought to stop micromanaging everyone’s lives.

If President Trump knew the Constitution, he’d know this would almost certainly run afoul of the 8th Amendment.

Bought a pair of shoes from a drug dealer.

I dont know what he laced them with but I was tripping all day.

You might be right, but Trump might be serious. That’s what you get in Singapore, a first world country.

I can’t support the death penalty because Pope JPII opposed it. But for him, I would be in agreement with Trump on this, at least at some level. Those people are pushers of death and family destruction.

No. Being pro-life, I can’t support it.
OK. Thought experiment:

YOU are now the criminal court judge and a jury finds a career heinous major drug dealer GUILTY.

However, the law requires you, the judge, to impose sentence.

So … Judge HereIAm … what sentence do you impose on the convicted drug dealer?

[No equivocations allowed.]

Last edited:
Life in prison without parole and let the chips fall where they may…nobody ever said, doing whats right is comfortable.

Last edited:
Can’t say I’m shocked. No one should be, including his supporters. This guy isn’t pro-life. He’s pro-say-whatever-to-win. I know to many that’s good enough.

If the death penalty hasn’t curtailed murder after all this time, it’s safe to say it wouldn’t curtail the illegal sale of drugs…but I digress. Much like the Mexico-funded, Game of Thrones-style Wall, this is just another thing trump will spout off about for a week or so until moving on to his next “big idea”. :roll_eyes:

Those drug dealers are better known as “doctors”. You don’t cook oxycodone in a shack with chemistry equipment.

Trump is the Reality TV President. He will say anything to be on the front page everyday. He really does not know anything except how to troll. Why respond to his comments, he has already forgotten most of what he has said anyways.
Wow you are finally starting to catch on. I believe he knows waht he is doing when he throws these little tidbits out there. The media will glom onto this and go for a ride creating news out of nothing only to be labeled fake news when they spread lies about what was exactly said. It is all very entertaining!

If President Trump knew the Constitution, he’d know this would almost certainly run afoul of the 8th Amendment.
The death penalty is allowed under the 8th amendment. Whether or not drug dealers deserve it under certain circumstances is something best determined by the people through their elected representatives.
If the death penalty hasn’t curtailed murder after all this time, it’s safe to say it wouldn’t curtail the illegal sale of drugs…but I digress.
Prison hasn’t curtailed murder either, but that’s not a very compelling argument for not imprisoning murderers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back