Don't Expect a Political Realignment

  • Thread starter Thread starter rlg94086
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
How about the Constitution? Front to back.
Since the Constitution is a written document, then can you cite the specific section and article that Bush “violated” … for the benefit of those of us who don’t understand the general word “Constitution”.
 
I think Bush probably deserves impeachment far more than Clinton did. As I see it (God forgive me if I’m wrong), Clinton was/is a scamp and a rascal, while Bush is a well-meaning person. Unfortunately the amount of harm you do is not necessarily related to your personal character. Clinton’s sins only tangentially affected his running of the country. Bush has been trampling the Constitution into the ground.

Edwin
There are several parts to this post:

Illegal actions by Clinton (perjury, suborning, etc.)

Unethical actions by Clinton (actions with intern and female staffers, etc)

Job performance by Clinton (treating terrorism as criminal actions to be dealt with retroactively instead of as acts of war to be prevented, etc)

Illegal actions by Bush ( ??? )

Unethical actions by Bush ( ??? )

Job performancy by Bush ( ??? )

Generalized global statements ( “Bush has been trampling the Constitution into the ground”) are not helpful in the discussion / debate.

What’s needed is real specificity… for example, which article(s) and section(s) of the Constitution did Bush violate and in what way did he violate them?
 
There may not be an immediate political alignment; that takes a few years. But, the Republicans are going to pay a price for their scandalous behavior.
While your brush is busy broading-painting the GOP, don’t forget the other party who has plenty of scandalous behavior to paint.
I’ll send you a beret and a smock.
 
Illegal actions by Bush
Restricting American citizens travel without a hearing (do-not-fly lists).

Illegal wiretaps.

Use of torture in interrogations (also unethical).
Unethical actions by Bush:
His administration lied to the nation about Iraq’s nuclear program. The reports ove aluminum rods and the alledged attempts to purchase uranium in Africa were false and the administration knew they were false.

Use of torture in interrogating people (also illegal).
Job performancy by Bush
Did not show the same foresight of his father who declined to invade Iraq.
 
Since the Constitution is a written document, then can you cite the specific section and article that Bush “violated” … for the benefit of those of us who don’t understand the general word “Constitution”.
You want me to post the entire Constitution here?
 
Restricting American citizens travel without a hearing (do-not-fly lists).

Illegal wiretaps.

Use of torture in interrogations (also unethical).

His administration lied to the nation about Iraq’s nuclear program. The reports ove aluminum rods and the alledged attempts to purchase uranium in Africa were false and the administration knew they were false.

Use of torture in interrogating people (also illegal).

Did not show the same foresight of his father who declined to invade Iraq.
Funny how outraged you get about no fly lisits yet gleefully support the kiling of 1.2 million children a year. The children you aid in killing have no Constitutional rights.
 
Everything from “We the people” to the signature page and all of the amendments.
In short you cant answer the question.

Can you point me to the part of the Constituion that leaglizes ifantacide? Since you have such great concern for the Constituion yet support those who kill our children I am sure it must be in there someplace.
 
My concerns…

Al-Qaeda support the Democrats.

The selection of the Supreme Court Justice will not be Pro-Life.
 
My concerns…

Al-Qaeda support the Democrats.

The selection of the Supreme Court Justice will not be Pro-Life.
Yes, many experts think the up-tick in violence recently in Iraq is a sign of the terrorists wanting to influence the elections…that is a very bad thing if true because it means they want the dems in office.
 
Yes, many experts think the up-tick in violence recently in Iraq is a sign of the terrorists wanting to influence the elections…that is a very bad thing if true because it means they want the dems in office.
Of course they do. if the democrats had been in Control on 9-11 they would have parachuted legions of lawyers into afghanistan and Iraq who would then proceed to file lawsuits aganst any and all terrorists. By 2006 the ACLU would be involved claiming the lawsuits viloated the terrorists Consitutional rights…
 
Funny how outraged you get about no fly lisits yet gleefully support the kiling of 1.2 million children a year. The children you aid in killing have no Constitutional rights.
:confused:

I haven’t killed any children lately.

I voted for George W. Bush twice and have voted republican consistently since I was 18. However, I have recently taken off my partisan blinders and tried to look at Bush without republican colored glasses.

I find him wanting.
 
Of course they do. if the democrats had been in Control on 9-11 they would have parachuted legions of lawyers into afghanistan and Iraq who would then proceed to file lawsuits aganst any and all terrorists. By 2006 the ACLU would be involved claiming the lawsuits viloated the terrorists Consitutional rights…
Not lawyers…police, under the control of the UN. 🙂
 
:confused:

I haven’t killed any children lately.

I voted for George W. Bush twice and have voted republican consistently since I was 18. However, I have recently taken off my partisan blinders and tried to look at Bush without republican colored glasses.

I find him wanting.
Every human is wanting.
 
Every human is wanting.
But not every human advocates torture.

Not every human turns a blind eye to good intelligence.

Not every human has invaded a country under false pretenses.

Not every human is eroding some basic rights of a citizen of this country.

Not every human has used religion for politcal gain (okay, most people do this, in one form or another, at some level or another).
 
:confused:

I haven’t killed any children lately.

I voted for George W. Bush twice and have voted republican consistently since I was 18. However, I have recently taken off my partisan blinders and tried to look at Bush without republican colored glasses.

I find him wanting.
Bush is not on the ballot. If, OTH, democrats take contol of congress it is likely that abortion will be enshrined as the law of the land for at least another generation. Should we sacrifice the lives of 10s of millions of children over dislike of the policies of a man who isnt on the ballot and will be out of office in 2 years?
 
cheese_sdc,

Not every human turns a blind eye to good intelligence.

==> He was given intelligence that was accpted by the Clinton admin and both houses of congress, he had no way of knowing it was bad.

But not every human advocates torture.

==> He believes that our enemies are willing to kill us with any means and that we must take measures to stop that by gaining information…he is not an advocate of torture, he is an advocate of protecting the United States.

Not every human has invaded a country under false pretenses.

==> Bush was given false intelligence that even the Clinton admin agreed with and most of congress at the time…not false pretense.

Not every human is eroding some basic rights of a citizen of this country.

==> What can you not do today, that you could do on 09/10/2001?

Not every human has used religion for politcal gain (okay, most people do this, in one form or another, at some level or another).

==> Bush’s morality is founded in his faith, is that a problem?
 
dislike of the policies of a man who isnt on the ballot and will be out of office in 2 years?
I wouldn’t put it past him to find an excuse to declare an emergency followed up by Martial Law, suspend the elections and the Constitution, disband the Congress and set him self up as dictator for life. This man’s unquenchable thirst for power MUST be checked.

Interestingly, the extreme Right, which I used to be a part of, said the exact same things about Clinton.
 
I wouldn’t put it past him to find an excuse to declare an emergency, suspend the elections and the Constitution, disband the Congress and set him self up as dictator for life. This man’s unquenchable thirst for power MUST be checked.
No matter how many children have to be killed to accomplish accomodating your paranoid delusions, correct?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top