Dr. Anthony Fauci Warns of Bleak Winter: Looking Forward to ‘Christmas in 2021’

• Thread starter Thread starter Cathoholic
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cathoholic

I told the readers here the attack on families and Christmas would be coming (after the Thanksgiving hysterics).

@LeafByNiggle told me that it depends on the numbers as Christmas approaches.

I replied it doesn’t depend on the numbers.

Here we don’t have “the numbers” yet (because we are not close enough yet) and already the attacks on Christmas and family gatherings are beginning.

As I knew they would.

Leaf. You will just have to redefine things and say that this is close enough.

For everybody else, they want this to be PERMANENT.

Dr. Anthony Fauci Warns of Bleak Winter: Looking Forward to ‘Christmas in 2021’​

(Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)

BRENDAN SMIALOWSKI/AFP via Getty Images

HANNAH BLEAU

27 Nov 20202,684

3:17

Dr. Anthony Fauci believes that Thanksgiving could mark the beginning of a bleak winter, warning that the pandemic could worsen throughout the holidays and encouraging Americans to “be careful” as Christmas approaches, though he is personally looking forward to “Christmas in 2021.” . . .

This is not an attack on Christmas, but rather a realistic appraisal of the surge in hospitalizations and deaths that is continuing across the country, and to which Thanksgiving travel and family gatherings will no doubt contribute. To Dr. Fauci’s credit, he is persistent in warning Americans that they are taking significant risks by ignoring the CDC protocol for mitigating the spread of the virus. It is neither a political statement nor an anti-religious one. We are now, more than before, in the thick of a health crisis, and we should not stick our heads in the sand.

If it is an attack it sounds circumstanstial. Next year will be better maybe. But this attack isn’t spiritual except the restrictions at Mass.

Last edited:
I told the readers here the attack on families and Christmas would be coming (after the Thanksgiving hysterics).

@LeafByNiggle told me that it depends on the numbers as Christmas approaches.

I replied it doesn’t depend on the numbers.

Here we don’t have “the numbers” yet (because we are not close enough yet) and already the attacks on Christmas and family gatherings are beginning.
The warning by Dr. Fauci is not an attack on anything. It is not a lockdown. It is not even restrictions. It is just a warning. But some read more into warnings than is actually there. Not even the Breitbart article cited called the warning an attack on Christmas. That appears to be an invention by Cathoholic.

Like I said. Here it comes.
How can anyone be in denial on how Covid is moving. Those working in health in the country right now are under so much stress. Lets talk burn out and mental health of medical workers, funeral workers, even refrigerated trailer workers down the track.
Your news article is an attack on Covid, not on Christmas.

"Dr. Anthony Fauci believes that Thanksgiving could mark the beginning of a bleak winter, warning that the pandemic could worsen throughout the holidays and encouraging Americans to “be careful” as Christmas approaches, though he is personally looking forward to “Christmas in 2021.”

Last edited:
Recently Dr. Fauci issues a statement aimed at children saying to not worry, Santa Claus is immune to and cannot spread coronavirus.

He doesn’t sound like a grinch to me. That was actually very sweet.

This is not an attack on Christmas
Well it’s not an attack in the sense that these guys think about attacking the actual holiday of Christ’s birth.

But it IS an indirect attack on family get togethers at Christmas time.

That’s the sense I was talking about.

And this will have no end unless they change their principles, people reject this, or there is some sort of miraculous corona cure.

Hey, long time no see. Since the forums are about to close, I changed my settings to have wider visibility and can see your posts again.
That’s a very strange perspective. Actions meant to preserve life are perceived as an attack. Isn’t that a bit upside down? 🙃

Trying to ask people not to move around for the holidays seams like a pro-life thing to do. Wear a mask and stay safe.
How did you get that idea? I think there is a misunderstanding.
Breitbart

🚮

We are now, more than before, in the thick of a health crisis, and we should not stick our heads in the sand.
I have concerns on the next pandemic. Especially now that I see how much non-compliance there is with health advice.
How can anyone be in denial on how Covid is moving.
If you have enough people to join in with maintaining a belief, it can be easier to hold. I’m sure sociologist have some things to say on group beliefs.

Actions meant to preserve life a
So getting together with family at Christmas is an act “against preserving life”??

Is THAT your premise here ThinkingSapien?

ThinkingSapien . . .
How did you get that idea?
Well I have been posting how I got that idea every few days lately.

I get it from the actions and principles of the people mandating and insisting on you masking-up, on quarantining HEALTHY individuals, and on YOU social distancing.

All their reasons now, will be present a month from now, a year from now, and a decade from now.

Actually they were present last year too with influenza . . . . If they were employing their same principles then as with corona this year.

So they will have to . . .
  1. Change their principles again.
  2. Have people just refuse.
  3. Have some sort of miracle corona cure.
It will have to be one of those options.

Or this will be Permanent.

Last edited:
So getting together with family at Christmas is an act “against preserving life”??
Gathering with my family last Christmas did not involve any deadly risks. I expect it won’t be next Christmas. But this Christmas, some number of people are carrying a cursed “gift” that keeps on giving (fun fact, the word “gift” when interpreted in German means poison).

When you reduced my statement you truncated this significant factor. Limiting movement while a biological pathogen is spreading may work against the preservation of life for some unknown number of people. You’ll have to do your own risk assessment.

It seems like we’re back to square one. Covid-19 is NOT influenza. The former is more contagious, it may even be spread by those who are asymptomatic, it is deadlier, there appear to be lingering symptoms for some long after the virus is no longer there, and, as of right now, there is no safe and effective vaccine being distributed.

There are a few vaccines on the horizon with significant potential. I give Trump credit for pushing the development of these vaccines. So I think there is light at the end of the tunnel.

The flu feels awful!
Yeah. My neighbor said the worst part about her corona was the throat swab.

That did not even feel awful for her.

But still the fact remains. Influenza is still deadly.

So when you gathered with your family for Christmas last year you were committing deadly acts then too?

Or would that only be with corona this year?

Last edited:
Yeah. My neighbor said the worst part about her corona was the throat swab.
My wife had a coworker that had COVID-19. He didn’t say what the worst part was. He died. There have been a couple of other people in her office that have died.
So when you gathered with your family for Christmas last year you were committing deadly acts then too?

Or would that only be with corona this year?
Well now, that’s a non parity comparison. Kind of like comparing caffeine to cocaine. They are both stimulants.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back