Dungeons & Dragons roleplay. Yes or no?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Fox
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
(Or do you really already know.)
You’re the one who responded “Are you defending evil?” to “So it’s your contention that I’m under the influence of evil based on the content of a single post?” There is absolutely no logical connection between those two questions.
 
I haven’t played D and D in many years.

But–seven years ago, I started writing novels and screenplays.

It seems to me that there is a lot of similiarity between D and D and writing fiction.

I make up characters, settings, and plots. Isn’t that what D and D players do? It’s what we did when we played.
…
I agree, and forgive me for taking the extra step, did you recite spells when you played D&D or just state I’m casting this spell? I’m not asking you to side with me about Harry Potter, I realize I might be alone on my views of that but I guess I have a hard time seeing how D&D could be viewed so horrible and YET, Harry Potter is seen OK? Granted, I probably saw 10 mins and it was while they were casting a spell but it was enough for me to know I didn’t want to see anymore.

I did cast candle spells in my dabbling days and yeah they worked, used to rub candles with different oils when preparing them for a spell… I’m not the dabbler anymore thank God… but I know those work so when I compare that to just a game of D&D I have a difficult time seeing D&D as so horribly evil in comparison. I was called a fundamentalist in some of my views before and to risk being called that again… I guess I never understood (after having played it) the problems with D&D (unless some instructions are totally different from what I had played) compared to Harry Potter and actual spells.

Again, I’m not telling everyone ‘go play D&D’, I’m just a bit shocked that Harry Potter is OK but D&D is not.
 
I have not been provoked but have told the truth.
So you say, but I’m skeptical of your expertise in this matter.
I challenge you to compare and see if they are not parallel. (Or do you really already know.)
Rather than asking other people to make your argument for you, why don’t you post up the comparisons yourself so that folks can judge whether or not you are actually speaking the truth? That seems a lot more sensible to me.

BTW, you never answered my earlier question?

– Mark L. Chance.
 
So you say, but I’m skeptical of your expertise in this matter.

Rather than asking other people to make your argument for you, why don’t you post up the comparisons yourself so that folks can judge whether or not you are actually speaking the truth? That seems a lot more sensible to me.

BTW, you never answered my earlier question?

– Mark L. Chance.
It’s not up to me to prove it to you. Besides, you seem to already have argued your unchangeable (for whatever reason) view that it is all harmless. As I said at first, that is an argument satan used with the apple.
 
It’s not up to me to prove it to you.
But you’re the one making the assertions. It’s simple courtesy to demonstrate the validity of those assertions when asked for evidence.
Besides, you seem to already have argued your unchangeable (for whatever reason) view that it is all harmless.
I have? In which post in this thread have I made any statement regarding the question at hand in either the positive or the negative?

In all seriousness, if you are in fact correct, you have a moral obligation to lay out your case. So far, you’ve not done this. Oh, sure, you’ve made several unsupported assertions regarding the topic, but you have yet to actually demonstrate you’re correct.

You can demonstrate you’re correct, can’t you?

So, back to the issue at hand: Rather than asking other people to make your argument for you, why don’t you post up the comparisons yourself so that folks can judge whether or not you are actually speaking the truth? That seems a lot more sensible to me.

Also, you’ve still not told me whether or not I’m defending evil. I’d really like to know.

– Mark L. Chance.
 
I will not give satan any free publicity. If you want to learn satanic rituals, all you have to do is to learn D&D and Harry Potter. Then compare it to the “real” thing. There have actually been many “witches” who have spoken out against Harry Potter because it so closely resembles the witchcraft that they do. Their argument was that it is too dangerous for young children. (Even the witches are concerned about children.)
 
I will not give satan any free publicity. If you want to learn satanic rituals, all you have to do is to learn D&D and Harry Potter. Then compare it to the “real” thing.
I don’t “want to learn satanic rituals”. I want you to be intellectually honest enough to actually advance and defend an argument. I put my Google skills to the test and came up with this: acid arrow.

Now, please explain to me how the “spell” at the link above is a “satanic ritual”. As I said, I’m skeptical regarding your claims, but at the same time I’m honestly concerned about the well-being of my soul.

Also, you still haven’t told me whether or not I’m defending evil. I’d really like to know.

– Mark L. Chance.
 
Civil law? I’m Catholic. I speak like a Catholic. I read the Bible, the Bible that says that no socerer will be admitted to the kingdom of God.
Look, if you want a real discussion, you as the challenger should provide a logical argument to prove your point. You’re begging the question by automatically calling people who play D&D “sorcerors”. If you can’t develop a proper argument, you have nothing of value to add to this discussion.
 
I don’t “want to learn satanic rituals”. I want you to be intellectually honest enough to actually advance and defend an argument. I put my Google skills to the test and came up with this: acid arrow.

Now, please explain to me how the “spell” at the link above is a “satanic ritual”. As I said, I’m skeptical regarding your claims, but at the same time I’m honestly concerned about the well-being of my soul.

Also, you still haven’t told me whether or not I’m defending evil. I’d really like to know.

– Mark L. Chance.
I said parallel. If you don’t see how (so-called harmless use of) a “spell” is a parallel of satanic “spells?” Then, I can’t help you.

I asked if YOU were defending evil.
 
I said parallel. If you don’t see how (so-called harmless use of) a “spell” is a parallel of satanic “spells?” Then, I can’t help you.
Tell me, do you like CS Lewis? Can YOU “parallel” magic rituals in the Chronicles of Narnia to satanic rituals?
 
I said parallel. If you don’t see how (so-called harmless use of) a “spell” is a parallel of satanic “spells?” Then, I can’t help you.
So, IOW, you can’t actually defend your position in a rational manner. How disappointing. One would think that on an issue of grave importance, you’d be better equipped to explain things to people who lack knowledge you presumably have.
I asked if YOU were defending evil.
Yes, yes. I get that. I might not be the expert you are regarding D&D, satanic rituals, et cetera, but I am intensely literate. So, since you apparently don’t know the answer to the question, it is safe to assume that you also lack the ability to judge people’s souls via the Internet.

I must say that so far your contributions to this discussion have been very much a let-down.

– Mark L. Chance.
 
By your logic, would an actor in a play who had to be a sorceror/witch actual BE a sorceror/witch? Would all actors who have parts in fantasy plays be satanic?
 
I am not going to give a lesson on satanic rituals.
I didn’t ask for one. In point of fact, I quite clearly said I wasn’t interested in learning such things.
We should be more concerned with what the Bible says about socery and witchcraft than “smart” intellectual points.
I know what the Bible says about sorcery and witchcraft. I also what the Church teaches regarding the same. I’m not questioning the authority of either Scripture or the Church. I’m questioning your authority, and you don’t have an answer to that question.

Therefore, the only sensible thing to do is assume you don’t really know what you’re talking about.

– Mark L. Chance.
 
I am not going to give a lesson on satanic rituals. We should be more concerned with what the Bible says about socery and witchcraft than “smart” intellectual points.
You’re only showing your weakness in this discussion. Have you not read Chance’s signature? “Two errors: to exclude reason, and to exclude all but reason.” If you cannot provide “intellectual points” I have no idea how you can draw conclusions about the state of other people’s souls.
 
OK, I don’t know if there are any old school BBSers here (BBSs ran on someone’s home computer that anyone could access w/ the BBS phone number), there were RPG (role playing games) similar to what you’d run into with D&D… granted, I wouldn’t see myself as an expert however I look at a BBS game like Exitulus, pick your character and go through the storyline… role playing… you’re attacked by lamia, orcs or whatever… I’m trying to see how that has anything to do with occult?

Compare that to Harry Potter actual saying of spells etc and … I hate even thinking when I was in those days because I’m 5 yrs out of it all… but casting spells compared to an RPG (like D&D or whatever), am I missing something? How again, is Harry Potter OK if D&D is so wrong… again the difference being D&D “fire spell”… no actual spell said compared to Harry Potter where you have verbalizing spells and yeah… I’m sure real wiccans/witches assisted in all that… maybe I am missing something? Like, do you see computer RPG games as evil?
 
I just got into an table top rpg awhile back (Warhammer). It’s harmless.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top