End Times: "Left Behind" and other misguided conceptions

• Thread starter Thread starter Edwin1961
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Edwin1961

I had noticed that this topic has not been brought up on this Forum as of yet. Listening to Catholic Answers and other Catholic programing that this topic has been discussed before.

What is the Catholic view of the End Times?
Should a Catholic believe in the LEFT BEHIND series or just take the series as pure fiction?
How can we correct the errors that are being brought up by our 'separated brethren?

What is your perception?

If you don’t like reading (like me), The Bible Christian Society (A Catholic Organization), has a great audio tape on the subject. The best part is that its FREE!!! You only pay a $3 e-commerce fee. I would recommend getting the other two tapes along with it too.

40.png
Edwin1961:
I had noticed that this topic has not been brought up on this Forum as of yet. Listening to Catholic Answers and other Catholic programing that this topic has been discussed before.

What is the Catholic view of the End Times?
Should a Catholic believe in the LEFT BEHIND series or just take the series as pure fiction?
How can we correct the errors that are being brought up by our 'separated brethren?

What is your perception?
Listen to this first. It’s an excellent talk by John Martignoni (Convert) about Rapture.

You need Real Player. Here’s the free version. Click yes after pop-up appears.

The Catholic Church teaches that there will be one rapture for everyone at the end of time. Christians will not get a special secret rapture, but will rather endure the tribulation just like everyone else, Antichrist and all.

Paul Thigpen wrote a book called “The Rapture Trap” - I haven’t read it but I think it would be a good read.

As a former Evangelical…I would like to clarify that not all believe in a ‘pre-trib’ rapture.

40.png
twf:
As a former Evangelical…I would like to clarify that not all believe in a ‘pre-trib’ rapture.
That’s right, there are “pre-trib” “mid-trib” and “post trib” believers.

I am aware of the books, THE RAPTURE and the tapes by John Martingoni (which I do have).

This is a topic that we need to tell other fallen away Catholics about, since the LEFT BEHIND books are creative, but yet, very deceptive.
I used to read and listen to the radio series and did get ‘caught up’ in the fantasy of the idea that the Evangelic World has on this topic.

When Noah and his family went into the ark, the bad people were the ones caught up in the flood waters and drowned. Noah and his family were the ones ‘safe’ and survived. That is beind ‘left behind’ to see a new earth recreated.

If we hold true to Christ and His Church we to can be ‘safe’ and survive while the pagan world is ‘caught up’ in the cares of his world.

We need to bring others into the ‘ark’ of Christ’s one, holy, catholic and apostolic Church.
:amen:

Glory be to Jesus Christ! Glory to Him Forever! :bowdown2: :bowdown:

40.png
BobCatholic:
Paul Thigpen wrote a book called “The Rapture Trap” - I haven’t read it but I think it would be a good read.
It is an excellent book. Read it yourself, then give it to one of your Fundamentalist friends. Thigpen also tackles issues such as infallibilty of the pope and Catholic traditions indirectly.

40.png
BobCatholic:
I read the book a while ago (last year?) and found it pretty good at explaining the Catholic position on end times. I’ve not read any of the Left Behind books, so did not get much out of his refrences to the books, but still found the text to be quite educational as I recall.

I read the books and they attack the catholic faith very sneakly, in the supposed rapture only the pope and a few other catholics were taken leaving most of the other catholics labeled as non-belivers and condemed to die because of course they tossed in with the Anti-chirst which was elected pope. Very uncool

Tyler,

Actually it was the head follower of the Anti-Christ in the Left Behind series that became pope when the world went to one false religion.

Yeah, the fictional stories about Catholics who were ‘saved’ told about not being satisfied being Catholic. I quit reading the series around book 10 because it became SO unbelievable that the fiction itself with the substorylines were simply silly. I.E. the Chiristian Army has missles being shot at them go right through the planes as if the planes were invisible, and the ‘rath judgments’ were more like the plagues set down by Moses. The Left Behind series can be summed up this way: It’s the Book of Exodus only in ‘modern times’.

Tim LaHaye’s Left Behind Series
BooksLeft Behind
: Any Link with the Early Church?Left Behind
RaptureLeft Behind
SeriesLeft Behind
–The Left Behind Books: Harmless Fiction or Anti-Catholic Propaganda: Parts One and Two
LaHaying the Rapture on Thick
Recycled Rapture
Enraptured with the Rapture
No End in Sight
for the ApocalypseTime
Worth Leaving Behind: A Review of Left Behind–The Movie
note: also see the “Rapture, Premillennialism, and Dispensationalism” section of the entryLast Things

for more about anti-catholicism go here
for the entire reference section at phatmass go here

thanks for the props cmom! ;),
phatcatholic

Thigpen’s book isn’t really meant for non-Catholic readers. He himself admits this in the Foreward. Olson’s book is far more extensive, and far more tailored to reach Protestant readership, in my opinion. He meets them at their level.

40.png
BobCatholic:
I was going to suggest his. I read it and it is excellent.

Left Behind is absolutely true, and Tim LaHaye is a prophet. That is exactly how it will happen when the world ends and the Antichrist shows up in September 2028. Thought I’d give a different opinion.

On second thought, I’ll just wait for the Carl Olson vs. Thomas Ice debate to make up my mind 😉

Pre-Trib Research

Phil P

40.png
Edwin1961:
Tyler,

Actually it was the head follower of the Anti-Christ in the Left Behind series that became pope when the world went to one false religion.

Yeah, the fictional stories about Catholics who were ‘saved’ told about not being satisfied being Catholic. I quit reading the series around book 10 because it became SO unbelievable that the fiction itself with the substorylines were simply silly. I.E. the Chiristian Army has missles being shot at them go right through the planes as if the planes were invisible, and the ‘rath judgments’ were more like the plagues set down by Moses. The Left Behind series can be summed up this way: It’s the Book of Exodus only in ‘modern times’.
Think of all the money the authors made on those who were “caught up” in that garbage. Some things are better left out of the mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back