A
Alexgrace927
Guest
Hi everyone. I was raised Catholic but stopped going for 10 years until a few months months ago and so I am still learning a lot. My fiancé and I are recently engaged and are going to be married this summer in the church. Before I came back to the church we began cohabiting and have an apartment together. We took a vow of chastity after realizing how grave of a sin premarital sex is. We are very strict about this and don’t even allow each other prolonged kissing or inappropriate touching. So far we haven’t had any issues, neither of us are very sexual people in the first place. My fiancé is going through RCIA right now and I asked our teacher if us living together if we remain chaste was a problem and she said “in short everything is fine” but never really elaborated as it was a quick e mail she sent. I understand why living together unmarried is problematic but i feel there’s not much I could do to change this because of certain circumstances in our lives. We both live paycheck to paycheck for the most part, so finding a new apartment would take a lot of time and money and we will be married soon anyways? We also don’t really have any family or friends we could live with either. On top of that he helps take care of me, I have a psychiatric disability and am recovering from anorexia, which is currently preventing me from working full time so he buys my food and helps me with transportation. Do you think considering the circumstances this would be morally okay? In my heart I don’t feel like we’re doing anything wrong but I know that It’s not my place to say for sure. After coming back to the church I feel so devoted to God and I love him so much and don’t want to offend him. I know I need to talk to my priest but in the meantime does anyone have any thoughts? My anxiety is through the roof. Thank you.