EPA to ease back emissions standards

  • Thread starter Thread starter ATraveller
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you claiming they don’t have willing and able people to work?

Jobs in a 3rd world growing economy are not the knowledge worker openings you see in the USA

Why do you also claim they lack 'entrepreneurship? Do you find them lazy or something?

Competent governance creates infrastructure and opens the door to investment capital, both which enable the entrepreneurs that are already there.
 
Last edited:
Are you claiming they don’t have willing and able people to work?
Where did I suggest that?
Jobs in a 3rd world growing economy are not the knowledge worker openings you see in the USA
I am not sure what your point is? For example. In many developing countries there is a huge need for plumbers. There are few schools to teach plumbing and many can only earn a couple bucks a day and don’t have the money to pay for plumbing school if they have one nearby. How are they supposed to learn the job related skills when there are few educational opportunities.
 
With your logic Children’s services would always leave the kids with parents that are clearly shown to be incompetent Your approach is to keep dropping off food, clothing, and money for the kids knowing full well much of it is actually taken by the parents to support their bad habits.
Well, sure, but if the parents aren’t housing, clothing, feeding and educating the kids, someone has to. It’s not the children’s fault.

Same in at least many cases in Africa. If the local government is a kleptocracy that has stolen the nation’s wealth, or mismanaged it, do we say to the people affected by that, hey, too bad, we’re not going to support your bad habits?
 
I am not sure what your point is? For example. In many developing countries there is a huge need for plumbers. There are few schools to teach plumbing and many can only earn a couple bucks a day and don’t have the money to pay for plumbing school if they have one nearby. How are they supposed to learn the job related skills when there are few educational opportunities.
I smell BS in that story

A plumber who has too much work, hires more staff and trains them. The 3rd world doesn’t require a certification from DeVrys before an existing plumber will hire you. I even googled your story but found no support.

If a plumbers assistant is only getting a couple bucks a day, but there is high demand, then that amount is likely the going rate and a livable wage in that economy.

So please provide a source for your scenario, or just admit it’s BS.
 
Buying things for ourselves and helping others are not mutually exclusive.
@stinkcat_14 has a definition of Christian that requires you to live a hermetic life and donate all your excess to others.
 
Buying things for ourselves and helping others are not mutually exclusive.
Every dollar I spend on myself is a dollar I cannot spend on others. Conversely every dollar I spend on others I cannot spend on myself.
 
He’s deflecting from the truth of what I said

He too is avoiding the elephant in the middle of the room
What elephant am I avoiding? We agree that governance is an important issue. So tell me, what issue am I ducking?
 
Well, sure, but if the parents aren’t housing, clothing, feeding and educating the kids, someone has to. It’s not the children’s fault.

Same in at least many cases in Africa. If the local government is a kleptocracy that has stolen the nation’s wealth, or mismanaged it, do we say to the people affected by that, hey, too bad, we’re not going to support your bad habits?
You put your focus on fixing governance, not perpetuating the existing corruption. They have the ability to feed and clothe themselves What we do presently just enables their bad governance.

A focus on improving governance doesn’t preclude also providing food aid to prevent starvation, BTW.
 
the job related skills when there are few educational opportunities.

I smell BS in that story

A plumber who has too much work, hires more staff and trains them. The 3rd world doesn’t require a certification from DeVrys before an existing plumber will hire you. I even googled your story but found no support.

If a plumbers assistant is only getting a couple bucks a day, but there is high demand, then that amount is likely the going rate and a livable wage in that economy.

So please provide a source for your scenario, or just admit it’s BS.
The skills gap in the sector is dominated by Plumbers accounting for 24%, Electricians
23%, Welders 13%, Masons 12%, Carpenters and Painters 10% each, Machine/Plant
Operators 2%, Interior specialist artisans 2%, Aluminum fabricators 1% and site
supervisors 1%.
http://nca.go.ke/new/website-content/uploads/2017/05/Construction-Industry-Survey-Report-2014.pdf
 
The Church teachings on subsidiarity clearly label the responsibility of local governance (Church or State), thus it requires outside help to work with and through this local governance. If it’s broken, that’s the obvious first problem to fix (outside of preventing starvation etc.)
 
The Church teachings on subsidiarity clearly label the responsibility of local governance (Church or State), thus it requires outside help to work with and through this local governance. If it’s broken, that’s the obvious first problem to fix (outside of preventing starvation etc.)
Cite your source.
 
Wow, this just shows fantastic growth in Kenya with many job opportunities. This is normal with high growth.
Entrepreneurial employers select their best semi-skilled and unskilled workers and invest in them with additional training. Nothing in your report indicated employers and employees couldn’t afford to get trained for these needed job skills.

I couldn’t open the page, but the article title didn’t agree with you
http://www.africadetails.com/index....struction-worker-wages-in-kenya-a-record-high

People are even immigrating there because of the higher wages
https://www.nation.co.ke/business/M...or-higher-wages/996-3028468-8nvjcw/index.html
 
I posted the CCC the other day, maybe your interpretation of the english uses a different dictionary.
So you are saying that the Church by sending missionaries and opening schools in places like africa is violating the catechism?
 
So you are saying that the Church by sending missionaries and opening schools in places like africa is violating the catechism?
ROFL, heck no.

Opening schools and improving education is a key component in improving governance. It gives you the chance to instill hope and change expectations that people have for what their government should provide.

But outside forces shouldn’t become their primary provider of education. I expect that even most Church schools are now run by locals rather than outside missionaries.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top