T
TK421
Guest
Rant:
Does anybody here have any background or experience in journalism?
Why do figures like Donald Trump and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez receive such grossly disproportionate attention? Is there a deeper reason behind it than the fact that it attracts attention and ratings or is the press for the most part just a commercial-driven entity? I know some news needs to be reported, but I think the press is being a force that is poisonous to society and to children (when it should be a source for knowledge) when it spends so much time on certain individuals. There are hundreds of congresspeople saying and doing things everyday, but because they don’t generate waves, what they say is ignored even though it might be more insightful.
I know it’s hard not to talk about Trump a lot because he’s the US president, but he wouldn’t even be the president if the press (especially the liberal press) didn’t gobble him up so easily.
Does anybody here have any background or experience in journalism?
Why do figures like Donald Trump and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez receive such grossly disproportionate attention? Is there a deeper reason behind it than the fact that it attracts attention and ratings or is the press for the most part just a commercial-driven entity? I know some news needs to be reported, but I think the press is being a force that is poisonous to society and to children (when it should be a source for knowledge) when it spends so much time on certain individuals. There are hundreds of congresspeople saying and doing things everyday, but because they don’t generate waves, what they say is ignored even though it might be more insightful.
I know it’s hard not to talk about Trump a lot because he’s the US president, but he wouldn’t even be the president if the press (especially the liberal press) didn’t gobble him up so easily.
Last edited: