Evolution and Creationism

• Thread starter Thread starter DictatorCzar
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ummm. The article is not about that. It’s about oil. Species have evolved one from another. It’s a fact because all species share genetic information which is transferred by descent. So if a cabbage and I share DNA, then we are related. And we do. We have a common ancestor. This is not a ‘claim’. It is an observation. It’s the same reasoning that leads us to think ‘there is gravity’. If you want to find sources for shared DNA between species, just Google it.

Seriously? I was asked for evidence, I provided a good article which details evidence. You guys refuse to even read it or consider it. Fine, So I ask you for a good scientific evidence for your position, and you come back and now say, there is too much why do you believe it exists?

Because everytime I read a scientific article opposing evolution, I have no problem at all finding scientists who refute the claims that are made. And while looking at many of the evolutionary papers, I find then overall, somewhat convincing. Not to say I do not question some things, but overall it seems the best explanation. Especially when those who oppose on these forums it can give me nothing. Not one scientific argument.

Last edited:
Oh, goodness. I think Noah’s ark was the roof of a prehistoric house in the Euphrates valley.

Ummm. The article is not about that. It’s about oil. Species have evolved one from another. It’s a fact because all species share genetic information which is transferred by descent. So if a cabbage and I share DNA, then we are related. And we do. We have a common ancestor. This is not a ‘claim’. It is an observation. It’s the same reasoning that leads us to think ‘there is gravity’. If you want to find sources for shared DNA between species, just Google it.
HGT explains this.

Oh, goodness. I think Noah’s ark was the roof of a prehistoric house in the Euphrates valley.
Your argument these big ships could not be built is not supported by history. They used mortise and tendon joints 1000 BC to prevent twisting and leaking.

Last edited:
That does seem plausible. If Noah and his 3 sons all worked together and they all had good experience with carpentry, it would’ve taken about 65 or more years to build the ark. Their lifespans were super long, but that good be figurative, or their calendars were really short(That’s cheap, if you want to be the oldest man in history, make your own calendar).

That does seem plausible. If Noah and his 3 sons all worked together and they all had good experience with carpentry, it would’ve taken about 65 or more years to build the ark. Their lifespans were super long, but that good be figurative, or their calendars were really short(That’s cheap, if you want to be the oldest man in history, make your own calendar).
PBS has a program on Pharoah’s ships. What they knew about how to build these things was quite impressive.

Last edited:
40.png
Hume:
Your argument these big ships could not be built is not supported by history. They used mortise and tendon joints 1000 BC to prevent twisting and leaking.
Mortise and tenon joints only do so much.

She’s the largest ever built made of wood. Any wooden vessels larger either didn’t exist or employed multiple, separate hulls.

Don’t know what else to tell ya, Buff.

Yes, but if it has only been seen at the bacterial and virus levels. So the only was it explains how a cabbage and @FiveLinden share DNA is to admit that both descended from two things that were much more basic. So not a common tree of life, but still macroevolution.

Yes, but if it has only been seen at the bacterial and virus levels. So the only was it explains how a cabbage and @FiveLinden share DNA is to admit that both descended from two things that were much more basic. So not a common tree of life, but still macroevolution.
Snake DNA was found in cows. So no it is not limited as you claim.

If you do not know by now, the tree of life has fallen and is now a tangled web., Design using common building blocks is a better explanation.

I should have included cross bracing.

Just an FYI - modern steel ships are designed to flex. And if you would have read through the article you would have seen they used pumps way back then.

Last edited:
40.png
Hume:
As an additional aside, the story of Noah would have predated 1000BC by at least 1500 years.

Last edited:
40.png
Hume:
I should have included cross bracing.

Just an FYI - modern steel ships are designed to flex. And if you would have read through the article you would have seen they used pumps way back then.
All ships flex, including wooden ones. The problem is that when they get so large, a 1 moa flex from the prow creates a gap amidships big enough to separate the hull planking.

The first marine pump was invented by Archimedes. 200BC or so.

Prior to that, it was a guy with a bucket. So the ark would require yet another miracle.

40.png
Hume:
As an additional aside, the story of Noah would have predated 1000BC by at least 1500 years.
There is evidence of mortise and tendon going back 7000 years,
Wyoming was braced with steel, Buff. She still broke up.

And she was probably a third the size of Noah’s fabled boat, all dimensions considered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back