Evolution and Creationism

• Thread starter Thread starter DictatorCzar
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
You as an individual do not gain or lose anything in this process. The mutation is in your offspring, not you.
correct - you get the gist of what I was trying to say

However,
Cell directed mutations do change me as well as epigenetic ones,

Last edited:
40.png
Freddy:
If you go back far enough in Buff’s posts (not on this thread), you’ll find he has now tacked on ‘…for most’ on the end of that claim. He didn’t use to do that. But after it was pointed out that fellow IDers accept speciation and that many links that he posted in an attempt to back up his views did the same (I’ve got a list of them somewhere) and that extant species are obviously not extinct, he has fine tuned his argument.
We have always accepted speciation.
Took me a few minutes to wipe all the cornflakes off my tablet.

That could’ve happened, but Noah only brought his family. That would’ve been back stabbing someone, unless they died before the flood, but IDK.

It is now obvious to me that you really have no clue how any of this actually works. I am done.

Explain it then
I have been trying to.
You are late for the party. I have been posting scholarly and mainstream science for 15 years.
If 15 years of “mainstream” (I somehow doubt it, but no matter) science hasn’t gotten through then I am not even going to try. I don’t have enough time left on this Earth to manage it.

If 15 years of “mainstream” (I somehow doubt it, but no matter) science hasn’t gotten through then I am not even going to try. I don’t have enough time left on this Earth to manage it.
Maybe you are not so sure how it works.

40.png
Freddy:
If you go back far enough in Buff’s posts (not on this thread), you’ll find he has now tacked on ‘…for most’ on the end of that claim. He didn’t use to do that. But after it was pointed out that fellow IDers accept speciation and that many links that he posted in an attempt to back up his views did the same (I’ve got a list of them somewhere) and that extant species are obviously not extinct, he has fine tuned his argument.
Not all have gone extinct yet, but speciation puts them on that path. We know that most species are extinct.
That’s like saying that your great great grandfather will be dead within twenty years if he keeps on having peanut butter for breakfast.

40.png
whatistrue:
But that is NOT a loss of function
Let;s examine. Yesterday I could reproduce with another human, but today I cannot due to genetic mutations. That is a loss of a function once had. If you are hanging on the word function, switch to ability.
If I may ‘fine tune’ that for you…

A million years ago I could reproduce with an ape but today I cannot due to genetic mutations. That is a loss of a function once had.

I don’t miss that function much truth be told.

40.png
Freddy:
A million years ago I could reproduce with an ape but today I cannot due to genetic mutations. That is a loss of a function once had.
We agree.
But you say it’s a bad thing. How is it a bad thing that I cannot reproduce with a chimp?

And just a heads up to all relative newcomers to discussions with Buff (I was going to qualify that and say 'all discussions re evolution with Buff. But he talks of nothing else): Stick around long enough and you’ll eventually find yourself thinking: ‘I can’t believe I actually posted that…’

I have not seen an explanation of HGT that goes between advanced organisms. Can you share the info?

And I welcome info on design using common building blocks also.

Cross species transfer of genes has driven evolution​

Cross species transfer of genes has driven evolution
“We think the entry of L1s into the mammalian genome was a key driver of the rapid evolution of mammals over the past 100 million years,” says Professor Adelson.

Well done, Buff. Another link to add to my list of experts you quote who’s views you don’t accept. Don’t you read the articles before you post them…?

And why was it a bad thing that I can’t reproduce with chimps?

Last edited:
Lead author Alastair Crisp from the University of Cambridge, UK, said: “This is the first study to show how widely horizontal gene transfer (HGT) occurs in animals, including humans, giving rise to tens or hundreds of active ‘foreign’ genes. Surprisingly, far from being a rare occurrence, it appears that HGT has contributed to the evolution of many, perhaps all, animals and that the process is ongoing, meaning that we may need to re-evaluate how we think about evolution.” published in *Genome Biology:

Lead author Alastair Crisp from the University of Cambridge, UK, said: “This is the first study to show how widely horizontal gene transfer (HGT) occurs in animals, including humans, giving rise to tens or hundreds of active ‘foreign’ genes. Surprisingly, far from being a rare occurrence, it appears that HGT has contributed to the evolution of many, perhaps all, animals and that the process is ongoing, meaning that we may need to re-evaluate how we think about evolution.” published in *Genome Biology:
And a quote from Prof Crisp: “Bdelloid rotifers are microinvertebrates with unique characteristics: they have survived tens of millions of years without sexual reproduction”.

You don’t believe the planet is even one million years old. Why are you linking to people who base their work on things you categorically deny?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back