Evolution and Creationism

• Thread starter Thread starter DictatorCzar
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s right. You go with the biblical version. I’ll go with the other one.
The biblical version is not necessarily a young earth and i don’t subscribe to either young or old universe because in my view, all reality is just our collective consciousness. If i say the universe is young, it would mean that consciousness is young and has a beginning, and if i say it is old, it would mean that consciousness is old and has a beginning.

To me, consciousness has no beginning but it transitioned from God to man and from man all reality came. So if there was a beginning to measure of time it should only be when man became self aware and that time is not billions of years ago.

But i like the 6000 years earth because as much as Adam was created an adult, maybe 40 years old, that 40 years is not countable because Adam was not self aware. The period before that is not considered as time but eternity. The created trees could be several 1000 years old but it doesn’t matter. Earths elements could be billion’s of years old but because an earth year is a human concept, the age before humans doesn’t matter.

Sorry. I’m not sure what you mean by 6,000 years. Are you talking about the time it took for the planet to orbit the sun 6,000 times?
We can be sure that 6000 earth years, has been experienced. It is past securely stored in our memories.

40.png
Freddy:
Sorry. I’m not sure what you mean by 6,000 years. Are you talking about the time it took for the planet to orbit the sun 6,000 times?
We can be sure that 6000 earth years, has been experienced. It is past securely stored in our memories.
So the planet wasn’t orbiting the sun 7,000 years ago?

So the planet wasn’t orbiting the sun 7,000 years ago?
Maybe but what matters is from the moment we became self aware (Conscious). This is true with most measurements but more so with time because it is unidirectional/ forward moving unlike others.
A litre became a litre only when men agreed, same with a meter and a kilogram. These measurements did not come out of Big bang. Even though, through investigation we can go back and tell ‘how many litres’ we can not do that with time because time is forward moving.

Last edited:
I was hoping for something more definate.

Either it didn’t exist, or it did and was orbiting the sun, or it did and wasn’t. Which one do you think you prefer?
If Adam was real, he came and found the earth already orbiting the sun, through his observation, he decided that a year is a time period the earth goes round the sun once and then start a calendar or measuring time from that moment on. Adam can not say, i’m now approximately 40 years. What happened before he started measuring his experience of passage of time is irrelevant, it belongs to the eternity past.

There are still people living from that era. History back in Biblical times is not so certain.
But i’m sure 6000 years is an experience. 13.8 billion years is not, it only comes from a calculation. A calculation from a rate, the speed of light (X m/s), in this rate, the meter is an agreement by men and the second is also an agreement by men, which means if men were to sit and change what a meter is, then 13.8 B years will disappear.

Last edited:
40.png
Freddy:
I was hoping for something more definate.

Either it didn’t exist, or it did and was orbiting the sun, or it did and wasn’t. Which one do you think you prefer?
If Adam was real, he came and found the earth already orbiting the sun, through his observation, he decided that a year is a time period the earth goes round the sun once and then start a calendar or measuring time from that moment on. Adam can not say, i’m now approximately 40 years. What happened before he started measuring his experience of passage of time is irrelevant, it belongs to the eternity past.
But a year before Adam came to be, the planet was still orbiting the sun. So if it’s been 6,000 years since he came to be and it did one orbit before that, then the planet is at least 6,001 orbits old.

And I can’t believe I’m actually typing all this out.

But a year before Adam came to be, the planet was still orbiting the sun. So if it’s been 6,000 years since he came to be and it did one orbit before that, then the planet is at least 6,001 orbits old.

It would be imaginary and the worst thing about the human mind is that it is limitless, so we must apply the limits ourselves otherwise i can also ask you what was happening a time equivalent of a year before the Big bang - whichever answer you’ll give even if ‘nothing’, you’ll definitely be wrong.

40.png
Freddy:

It would be imaginary…
So the planet hasn’t orbited the sun 6,001 times. It’s only done it 6,000 times. Fair enough.

I have to go now. My IQ is dropping too low.

So the planet hasn’t orbited the sun 6,001 times. It’s only done it 6,000 times. Fair enough.

I have to go now. My IQ is dropping too low.
6001 is a count, i’m not sure that the planet has been counted to orbit the sun those many times. I don’t think you are getting me.

They’d never do such a thing if they’re bonafide members of the church of jungle law darwinism…
Again criticising science by likening it to a religion: “church”. Do you accept that religion is inferior to science?

If there is a selective advantage to group cooperation then group cooperation will evolve. See ants, bees, shoals of fish, herds of animals, flocks of birds, packs of wolves etc.

You really need to learn more about evolution before you criticise it.

They’d never do such a thing if they’re bonafide members of the church of jungle law darwinism…
Again criticising science by likening it to a religion: “church”.
I’m not criticising science…

Call it whatever you care to. Darwinism is a religion…

_

I thought this was already settled. Help me out:

If all organisms are of the same species with their ‘parents’, then going back to the common ancestor, there can only be one species.

True or false?

40.png
rossum:
I thought this was already settled. Help me out:

If all organisms are of the same species with their ‘parents’, then going back to the common ancestor, there can only be one species.

True or false?
Plus – “Learn more about evolution” oft-means - more about Darwinism.
which, as presented - presumes upon us that it’s a Fact… 🤣

A single-cell bacterium
  • represents the most complex (and far from fully understood) chemistry in the known universe…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back