Exclusive: Trump threatens third-party run

  • Thread starter Thread starter _Abyssinia
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
What I take away from the majority of Trump supporters is that they’re easily impressed by political rhetoric rather than concrete action, and words rather than deeds… Trump has accomplished nothing politically. Indeed, during the 2012 campaign, he was an albatross around the neck of Romney.

I imagine there’s an overlap between supporters of Sarah Palin (another smooth-talking nonentitity who managed to stir up the base) and Trump backers.
The real question, can trump see Russia from his (pent)house?
 
What I take away from the majority of Trump supporters is that they’re easily impressed by political rhetoric rather than concrete action, and words rather than deeds… Trump has accomplished nothing politically. Indeed, during the 2012 campaign, he was an albatross around the neck of Romney.

I imagine there’s an overlap between supporters of Sarah Palin (another smooth-talking nonentitity who managed to stir up the base) and Trump backers.
Nope…can’t stand Sarah Palin. If Romney had been less “spin doctor manufactured” and more honestly authentic, he would be sitting in the Oval Office right now. He had the business and administrative experience, but many didn’t like the plastic veneer he adopted.
 
Actually, if you could get Bernie and Donald to run as third party candidates, it could make for an interesting race. It could also break the stranglehold our two major parties have on our politics. More alternatives are never a bad thing.
I’m hoping there will be a third party candidate like Sanders in the Dem part but I doubt it. By the way, Trump did say he’d want to defund Planned Parenthood today but not sure if he’s really pro life or not. I’m a pessimist and believe who ever runs in the Republican Party won’t defeat Hilary anyway. She has far too much power over the millennial and minorities so she’ll win. So, Trump may as well throw his hat in as a third party candidate.
 
Let’s see, Trump is the impetus on why we are listening to victims of illegal immigration instead of the naysayers just claiming prejudice.

Paul can also be seen as flip-flopping on issues, being for open borders before supporting controls.

I will look at these bills Paul worked on, if they became law, see what he co-wrote that would get a very liberal Democratic president to sign.
So politicians shouldn’t be able to change their minds? Please.

Isn’t it funny that a man thrice married (twice to immigrants) takes such a hardline on immigration? Not to mention the moral stumbling block of being married 3 times…
 
What I take away from the majority of Trump supporters is that they’re easily impressed by political rhetoric rather than concrete action, and words rather than deeds… Trump has accomplished nothing politically. Indeed, during the 2012 campaign, he was an albatross around the neck of Romney.

I imagine there’s an overlap between supporters of Sarah Palin (another smooth-talking nonentitity who managed to stir up the base) and Trump backers.
We are talking about Congress finally giving illegal immigration a thorough discussion, I don’t know how long we have had this frank discussion versus the likes of people like Rand Paul who was at times, pretty open borders and in fact, pro-amnesty, even if he has back-pedalled.
The underlying problem, as I said yesterday, is that amnesty advocates like Rubio and Rand, insist on using misleading language that doesn’t clearly communicate what they mean.
Rand Paul is for a process that will turn millions of illegal aliens into citizens. But he doesn’t like to use the word “Amnesty” and now he decided that he doesn’t like the term “Path to Citizenship” either. So he’s against the word and the term, but he’s for the process.
frontpagemag.com/point/182372/does-rand-paul-support-amnesty-yes-daniel-greenfield

To be fair, Paul has seemed to change on this issue as has Scott Walker, I don’t think they understood the issue fully and Walker may have been influenced by Wisconsin congressman Paul Ryan.

Still, Walker only governed the state, Rand Paul seemed prepared to give out citizenship at one point.
 
Nope…can’t stand Sarah Palin. If Romney had been less “spin doctor manufactured” and more honestly authentic, he would be sitting in the Oval Office right now. He had the business and administrative experience, but many didn’t like the plastic veneer he adopted.
He sunk the ship with the 47% comment. Strangely enough, people running for president can’t just shoot their mouths off all the time…cough Trump cough
 
So politicians shouldn’t be able to change their minds? Please.

Isn’t it funny that a man thrice married (twice to immigrants) takes such a hardline on immigration? Not to mention the moral stumbling block of being married 3 times…
Americans are killed, maimed, suffer from illegal immigration along with paying for services they use. Trump has put that up and center. If it does not bother you that Americans are regularly killed by illegal immigrants about every week, you may not wish to credit Trump but I sure do.

He has put this issue up front and center, I haven’t voted for him but Trump is speaking for Americans.
 
He sunk the ship with the 47% comment. Strangely enough, people running for president can’t just shoot their mouths off all the time…cough Trump cough
I’m not going to fault Romney if he told the truth, Trump is getting people fired up, ‘cough cough’ and whereas people did not vote for Romney for there not believing he was a real conservative, they may support Trump whose positions, there is little doubt on. He has brought a vital issue to national debate and has even been threatened over it.
 
I will vote for him no matter if he is affiliated with a political party or not. He is the only candidate telling the cold, hard truth and he is not using his words just to schmooze votes from whatever group he is addressing at the moment.
There’s a difference between telling like it is and how you want to hear it.
 
So politicians shouldn’t be able to change their minds? Please.

Isn’t it funny that a man thrice married (twice to immigrants) takes such a hardline on immigration? Not to mention the moral stumbling block of being married 3 times…
But his wives were legal immigrants. He has no problem with legal immigration and has said he supports a quick path to citizenship for those immigrants with needed skills who can contribute to the US economy by working and paying taxes.

As far as being married three times…at least he was legally married to the women he fathered kids with, and he financially supported his kids. All of his kids seem to be decent, hard-working people. He tells the story that his older kids were given a very small personal allowance while in college so that they had to work because he wanted them to understand the value of money.
 
Americans are killed, maimed, suffer from illegal immigration along with paying for services they use. Trump has put that up and center. If it does not bother you that Americans are regularly killed by illegal immigrants about every week, you may not wish to credit Trump but I sure do.

He has put this issue up front and center, I haven’t voted for him but Trump is speaking for Americans.
I don’t see immigration has the major issue for this election, sorry. We have much bigger fish to fry.

1.) Out of control government spending, particularly military spending

2.) Government surveillance of US citizens

3.) Budget deficit

4.) Rising health care costs

etc
etc
etc
 
I don’t see immigration has the major issue for this election, sorry. We have much bigger fish to fry.

1.) Out of control government spending, particularly military spending

2.) Government surveillance of US citizens

3.) Budget deficit

4.) Rising health care costs

etc
etc
etc
But illegals abusing the system contributes significantly to every single one of those issues, even #2. With wide open borders, government surveillance will have to continue virtually unchecked with the rationale that it’s being done to prevent terrorist activities. Close the borders to illegal entry, tighten up the background checks for legal entry, and you eliminate the justification for the need for more and more surveillance.
 
If he does that, Hello President Clinton. There is no way a third party bid doesn’t help the democrats and hurt the republicans.
 
Trump won’t run as an independent.

He’s just shooting across the bows of the GOP warning if he doesn’t win what he’ll do.

Bernie Sanders is going to lose support when Hillary’s campaign gets rolling more.

Currently, she doesn’t see him as a big threat only getting more press than herself lately, which accounts for his rise in the polls.

Women will not change votes for Sanders over Hillary. They want a woman in the White House, first and foremost and without the women vote, neither democrat nor republican will win.

Jim
 
Trump won’t run as an independent.

He’s just shooting across the bows of the GOP warning if he doesn’t win what he’ll do.

Bernie Sanders is going to lose support when Hillary’s campaign gets rolling more.

Currently, she doesn’t see him as a big threat only getting more press than herself lately, which accounts for his rise in the polls.

Women will not change votes for Sanders over Hillary. They want a woman in the White House, first and foremost and without the women vote, neither democrat nor republican will win.

Jim
I don’t want a woman in the White House just because she’s a woman. I want a person in the White House that speaks to the issues that I think are important. I don’t care if that person is a man, woman, extraterrestrial, Martian, or zombie, just as long as he/she/it is qualified. To say that all women just want a woman in the White House simply because she’s a woman is not true.
 
It always makes me laugh when people call Trump a conservative.
It makes me laugh when people call Jeb Bush, John McCain, Mitt Romney, Chris Christie, and Lindsey Graham conservatives.

The GOP’s biggest problem is it’s full of fiscal liberals that hold conservative social views and therefore call themselves conservatives. We need to start defining “conservative in what?”. Because most so-called conservatives are not fiscal conservatives. They aren’t Constitutional conservatives. They aren’t even National Security conservatives. Their sole claim to conservatism is they oppose abortion and gay marriage. And while laudable, that’s not enough. And the voters don’t vote for those people.
 
I don’t want a woman in the White House just because she’s a woman. I want a person in the White House that speaks to the issues that I think are important. I don’t care if that person is a man, woman, extraterrestrial, Martian, or zombie, just as long as he/she/it is qualified. To say that all women just want a woman in the White House simply because she’s a woman is not true.
Unfortunately you’re in the minority.

Fact is, unless there’s some huge scandal, women will pull the vote for Hillary in such numbers she’ll win the democratic nomination and the WH,

I saw Elizabeth Warren win over Scott Brown here in Massachusetts, and the post election data showed that it was women who overwhelmingly voted for Warren, despite her bogus Native American issue.

Jim
 
Trump won’t run as an independent.

He’s just shooting across the bows of the GOP warning if he doesn’t win what he’ll do.
If this is true, then it goes against his image of shooting straight and honest about everything. I think he is quite capable of following through, but as with most things, time alone will tell.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top