Exclusive: Trump threatens third-party run

  • Thread starter Thread starter _Abyssinia
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope…can’t stand Sarah Palin. If Romney had been less “spin doctor manufactured” and more honestly authentic, he would be sitting in the Oval Office right now. He had the business and administrative experience, but many didn’t like the plastic veneer he adopted.
I think that “plastic veneer” is the natural, quiet way the man is. I certainly think he was more honest with the American people than Obama was during the campaign. And much of what Romney predicted as come true.
 
The Great Wall of China is an example, but not for the reasons described.

Despite the centuries of effort and the expense incurred, the GWC didn’t work. Infiltrators and attackers still got through.

The same would happen with our “Great Wall of Trump.”

The same submarines that now bring in drugs could bring in human beings; and the same tunnelers who get men out of MX prisons could get people under the wall.

It would only poison our relations with Mexico.

ICXC NIKA
This may be so. I do believe they say the simple short wall in San Diego has stopped some flow of drugs.
San Diego Fence Provides Lessons in Border Control
npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5323928
The first fence, 10 feet high, is made of welded metal panels. The second fence, 15 feet high, consists of steel mesh, and the top is angled inward to make it harder to climb over. Finally, in high-traffic areas, there’s also a smaller chain-link fence. In between the two main fences is 150 feet of “no man’s land,” an area that the Border Patrol sweeps with flood lights and trucks, and soon, surveillance cameras.
“Here in San Diego, we have proven that the border infrastructure system does indeed work,” Henry says. “It is highly effective.”
But I agree, basically, with the border crossing, it’s largely, where there is a will, there is away.
 
But would women vote for Carly Fiorina just because she’s a woman? Probably not.
Actually, I believe they would if it were just her who won the GOP nomination.

Democratic women would hold their noses just to see the political glass ceiling to the highest office in the world, broken.

Jim
 
You might be right. But most married women vote Repub. Not sure how many will vote for a liberal just because she’s a woman.
I don’t believe that is true.

Woman, married and single carried Elizabeth Warren, despite her issues and I believe they’ll do the same for the woman who wins the primary, whether democrat or republican.

Thankfully, she’s doing a good job in the US Senate.

Jim
 
I don’t believe that is true.

Woman, married and single carried Elizabeth Warren, despite her issues and I believe they’ll do the same for the woman who wins the primary, whether democrat or republican.

Thankfully, she’s doing a good job in the US Senate.

Jim
All the women I know, married or not, vote Democratic.
 
I don’t believe that is true.

Woman, married and single carried Elizabeth Warren, despite her issues and I believe they’ll do the same for the woman who wins the primary, whether democrat or republican.

Thankfully, she’s doing a good job in the US Senate.

Jim
Scott Brown was an aberration in a state that hadn’t had a Republican in the Senate since the early 1970s. I wouldn’t base Hilary Clinton’s chances in a national election on results of the Massachusetts Senate election. She will definitely win Massachusetts, but I wouldn’t look at Mass as a microcosm of the US electorate.
 
I don’t believe that is true.

Woman, married and single carried Elizabeth Warren, despite her issues and I believe they’ll do the same for the woman who wins the primary, whether democrat or republican.

Thankfully, she’s doing a good job in the US Senate.

Jim
city-journal.org/2012/eon1116kh.html

It’s true.

Elizabeth Warren winning against a Repub in Mass is hardly indicative, Mass being perhaps the most liberal state in the Union.
 
Scott Brown was an aberration in a state that hadn’t had a Republican in the Senate since the early 1970s. I wouldn’t base Hilary Clinton’s chances in a national election on results of the Massachusetts Senate election.
Brown was actually liked here in MA. In fact, his poll numbers were above Warren’s and it was almost a shock when he lost. Exit polls showed that it was women who went with Warren over Brown and gave her the win.

Hillary led in the democratic primary with women in strong numbers against Obama.

It was because of support from women that she refused to concede to Obama and they nearly had to wait for the convention before Obama was given the win.

Unless some scandal comes along, Hillary will certainly win the democratic nomination.

The general election, none of the current GOP candidates will beat Hillary based on current polls and it’s women who are supporting Hillary the most.

Jim
 
city-journal.org/2012/eon1116kh.html

It’s true.

Elizabeth Warren winning against a Repub in Mass is hardly indicative, Mass being perhaps the most liberal state in the Union.
And Mass. being something like 75% Democrat.

Which, though I like Mitt Romney, being a Republican Governor in such a heavily Democratic state does say something but the Republicans in 2012 really did not have a deep bench.
 
I’ve heard that over and over and I don’t buy it. If the 2 party choke-hold on this country’s political climate is ever to end, people need to stop being afraid to support viable third party candidates and stop listening to those trite ideas that no one can ever get elected unless they play by the same old, tired rules. If there ever was a time for the emergence of a multiple party system, this is it.
We are not a parliamentary system.
 
This was back in March, but I’m sure it hasn’t changed much
Hillary Clinton Retains Strong Appeal to American Women
PRINCETON, N.J. – Women continue to have a much more positive opinion of Hillary Clinton than men do. Fifty-six percent of women have a favorable opinion of Clinton, while 32% view her unfavorably. Men are evenly divided in their opinions of Clinton.
And:
Not only is there a gender gap in Clinton’s overall favorable rating, but all major female demographic groups view Clinton more positively than do their male counterparts, including by age, education, race, marital status and partisanship. In nearly every comparison, Clinton’s favorable rating is 10 percentage points higher for women than men in the same subgroup. Her net favorable rating – the percentage who views her positively minus the percentage who views her negatively – is typically 20 points higher for women than for men who share the same characteristic.
Jim
 
Brown was actually liked here in MA. In fact, his poll numbers were above Warren’s and it was almost a shock when he lost. Exit polls showed that it was women who went with Warren over Brown and gave her the win.

Hillary led in the democratic primary with women in strong numbers against Obama.

It was because of support from women that she refused to concede to Obama and they nearly had to wait for the convention before Obama was given the win.

Unless some scandal comes along, Hillary will certainly win the democratic nomination.

The general election, none of the current GOP candidates will beat Hillary based on current polls and it’s women who are supporting Hillary the most.

Jim
Trump is a problem in a 3rd party situation. Still, what you say “based on current polls” may not be accurate per the news:

realclearpolitics.com/articles/2015/07/22/clinton_polls_behind_bush_rubio_walker_in_key_states_127490.html

Clinton behind in swing states.

I thought I saw a poll where Clinton was behind some candidates nationally as well.

realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/president/
 
And Mass. being something like 75% Democrat.

Which, though I like Mitt Romney, being a Republican Governor in such a heavily Democratic state does say something but the Republicans in 2012 really did not have a deep bench.
They still don’t.

The GOP has run its B teams since 1992 simply because it hasn’t had an A team since 1980.

ICXC NIKA.
 
Anyone voting for Trump may as well be voting for Hillary or Bernie Sanders…

All he’ll end up doing as a 3rd party is splitting votes away from republicans. The GOP needs to bury this clown early and hard.
Trump is gaining traction because he’s trying to appeal to GOP voters. The GOP would be in better shape if they tried to do the same thing.
Trump is a symptom of a problem within the GOP, namely, that the GOP really doesn’t like their own voters and, their voters have started figuring it out.
 
Trump is gaining traction because he’s trying to appeal to GOP voters. The GOP would be in better shape if they tried to do the same thing.

Trump is a symptom of a problem within the GOP, namely, that the GOP really doesn’t like their own voters and, their voters have started figuring it out.
👍

That’s right, he definitely is shaking things up. I have voted on a few online polls, I didn’t vote for Trump but it doesn’t mean I disapprove of this phenomenon going on. If Trump doesn’t run 3rd party, the ticket, it be Walker, Cruz, Rubio, Bush, Paul, Perry, Carson, whomever, may care more about the GOP individual voting than the so called GOP elite. And that is a good thing.

And at the State level, Republican Governors have done fairly well in my view.
 
Trump is gaining traction because he’s trying to appeal to GOP voters. The GOP would be in better shape if they tried to do the same thing.
What with all the recent murders, apparently, he struck a chord with the voters over the illegal immigration issue. It’s not rocket science.
 
What with all the recent murders, apparently, he struck a chord with the voters over the illegal immigration issue. It’s not rocket science.
But actually, those murders and other crimes, have gone on for a long time and he said this before this happened out in SF, part of the problem is the media doesn’t cover it and we saw how Trump was and still is heavily criticized for his remarks. So, I think there is an element of his being bold in saying what he did.
If it hadn’t been Kate Steinle, it could have been someone else.

Trump saw sponsors pull out on him, Macy’s, NBC cancel his show, the Miss Universe pageant. This hasn’t been a bed of roses for him.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top