Exclusive: Trump threatens third-party run

  • Thread starter Thread starter _Abyssinia
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

_Abyssinia

Guest
NEW YORK — Donald Trump says the chances that he will launch a third-party White House run will “absolutely” increase if the Republican National Committee is unfair to him during the 2016 primary season.
“The RNC has not been supportive. They were always supportive when I was a contributor. I was their fair-haired boy,” the business mogul told The Hill in a 40-minute interview from his Manhattan office at Trump Tower on Wednesday. “The RNC has been, I think, very foolish.”
thehill.com/homenews/campaign/248910-exclusive-trump-threatens-third-party-run
 
I will vote for him no matter if he is affiliated with a political party or not. He is the only candidate telling the cold, hard truth and he is not using his words just to schmooze votes from whatever group he is addressing at the moment.
 
Good, at least he won’t waste the GOP’s time during the pre-primary season by exercising his right to run as an independent.

He must really want Hillary as president, though.

ICXC NIKA
 
Donald Trump says the chances that he will launch a third-party White House run will “absolutely” increase if the Republican National Committee is unfair to him during the 2016 primary season.
… Voting for a third party candidate serves only one practical, immediate purpose, and that is to help elect someone even more antithetical to your beliefs. [Remember Ross Perot?] … Like it or not, the American political system has evolved to a point today where only two parties have a viable opportunity to win a national election. Any political strategy that ignores this reality is nothing more than a self-m********y flight of fancy. … The perfect spouse doesn’t exist either, and it’s either accept a lonely life or marry someone who doesn’t meet 100% of your criteria.
“Why Vote For A Winner?”
By Phillip Ellis Jackson
 
Anyone voting for Trump may as well be voting for Hillary or Bernie Sanders…

All he’ll end up doing as a 3rd party is splitting votes away from republicans. The GOP needs to bury this clown early and hard.
 
All he’ll end up doing as a 3rd party is splitting votes away from republicans. The GOP needs to bury this clown early and hard.
It’s kind of an impossible choice.

The longer he stays in the GOP race, the more he poisons the party.

If the GOP crushes him, they feed into his status as an outsider, thus giving him additional cachet as a third-party candidate.

There are no easy solutions. If the GOP would have taken measures to reduce its attractiveness to blowhards and shills a couple of election cycles ago, then this issue wouldn’t have blown up to the extent that it has, but, alas, Republicans have a demagogue problem.
 
The blowhards and shills were there much more than two administrations ago, sadly.

ICXC NIKA
 
So the people who seem most to criticize Trump are the least likely to vote Republican it seems and vote for the backers of Planned Parenthood.
 
I’m still confused over people comparing him to Teddy Roosevelt and Churchill.
 
Anyone voting for Trump may as well be voting for Hillary or Bernie Sanders…

All he’ll end up doing as a 3rd party is splitting votes away from republicans. The GOP needs to bury this clown early and hard.
I’ve heard that over and over and I don’t buy it. If the 2 party choke-hold on this country’s political climate is ever to end, people need to stop being afraid to support viable third party candidates and stop listening to those trite ideas that no one can ever get elected unless they play by the same old, tired rules. If there ever was a time for the emergence of a multiple party system, this is it.
 
So the people who seem most to criticize Trump are the least likely to vote Republican it seems and vote for the backers of Planned Parenthood.
No I criticize him because he takes away from candidates that actually have legislative experience. Like say…Rand Paul who wants defund planned parenthood.

But by all means continue telling those of us that don’t think an ego-maniacal millionaire blowhard can run a country.

Not to mention that you have it backwards. Those who would vote for Trump are the most likely to be backing a democrat because he’ll split the republican base and allow and easy victory for dems if he runs as a 3rd party.
 
I’ve heard that over and over and I don’t buy it. If the 2 party choke-hold on this country’s political climate is ever to end, people need to stop being afraid to support viable third party candidates and stop listening to those trite ideas that no one can ever get elected unless they play by the same old, tired rules. If there ever was a time for the emergence of a multiple party system, this is it.
Actually, if you could get Bernie and Donald to run as third party candidates, it could make for an interesting race. It could also break the stranglehold our two major parties have on our politics. More alternatives are never a bad thing.
 
No I criticize him because he takes away from candidates that actually have legislative experience. Like say…Rand Paul who wants defund planned parenthood.

But by all means continue telling those of us that don’t think an ego-maniacal millionaire blowhard can run a country.

Not to mention that you have it backwards. Those who would vote for Trump are the most likely to be backing a democrat because he’ll split the republican base and allow and easy victory for dems if he runs as a 3rd party.
Well, it seems those who got us into this mess already have been working in government, as Reagan said “Government isn’t the Solution, Government is the Problem.”

I’m well aware of the Freshman Senator of Kentucky’s bills and pro-life activism and he is to be commended for that. Remind me how many bills he has passed?
 
I’ve heard that over and over and I don’t buy it. If the 2 party choke-hold on this country’s political climate is ever to end, people need to stop being afraid to support viable third party candidates and stop listening to those trite ideas that no one can ever get elected unless they play by the same old, tired rules. If there ever was a time for the emergence of a multiple party system, this is it.
He’s not a viable candidate. Making smart *** remarks all the time doesn’t equate to a man that thinks before he speaks, and that my friend, is a dangerous trait for the leader of a world superpower.
 
Well, it seems those who got us into this mess already have been working in government, as Reagan said “Government isn’t the Solution, Government is the Problem.”

I’m well aware of the Freshman Senator of Kentucky’s bills and pro-life activism and he is to be commended for that. Remind me how many bills he has passed?
He’s co-sponsored 4 bills that have become law. Additionally, he’s co-sponsored 61 bills that have passed the Senate. Keep in mind that he took office in Jan 2011, and until 2015, the Senate was majority democrat, which would greatly effect a republican’s ability to get legislation through.

All this is easily researched at congress.gov.

Now tell me, how many bills has Trump passed?
 
He’s not a viable candidate. Making smart *** remarks all the time doesn’t equate to a man that thinks before he speaks, and that my friend, is a dangerous trait for the leader of a world superpower.
He may not be tactful, but I will take the blunt honesty any time over the majority of politicians who “speak” through spin doctors and speech writers. Trump is no dummy and he understands how to get a reaction from the vast majority of the truly apathetic voters who have been lulled to sleep with the same old politically correct “messages” from the candidates of the last few years. Ronald Reagan was criticized early in in his campaign too for being too blunt and not being “presidential” and that turned out ok.
 
What I take away from the majority of Trump supporters is that they’re easily impressed by political rhetoric rather than concrete action, and words rather than deeds… Trump has accomplished nothing politically. Indeed, during the 2012 campaign, he was an albatross around the neck of Romney.

I imagine there’s an overlap between supporters of Sarah Palin (another smooth-talking nonentitity who managed to stir up the base) and Trump backers.
 
I may not approve of Donald Trump’s exact words but guess what? With what happen afterwards in San Francisco and elsewhere, Congress is finally looking at the problem of Sanctuary Cities. As Ted Cruz has intoned, DT, indeed has taken up the Washington Cartel.

Yes, Ron Paul has some good ideas as I have long known, per his pro-life activism, I posted months ago, his pro-life stance. Still, he is polling low, behind Bush, Walker and others. Some of his ideas, people don’t like, however, I could easily vote for him, he hasn’t really caught on. I could vote for Rubio or Carson as well.

Still, I don’t begrudge Trump for putting this very vital issue up front, I’d like to see him do the same with abortion and other issues. I have not voted for Trump in any online polls but I’m not going to be ultra-negative on him either when he has given voice to those who have been victimized because of illegal immigration. I hope Kate’s law passes meaning, anyone who is deported and comes back and caught has to face a prison sentence.
 
He’s co-sponsored 4 bills that have become law. Additionally, he’s co-sponsored 61 bills that have passed the Senate. Keep in mind that he took office in Jan 2011, and until 2015, the Senate was majority democrat, which would greatly effect a republican’s ability to get legislation through.

All this is easily researched at congress.gov.

Now tell me, how many bills has Trump passed?
Let’s see, Trump is the impetus on why we are listening to victims of illegal immigration instead of the naysayers just claiming prejudice.

Paul can also be seen as flip-flopping on issues, being for open borders before supporting controls.

I will look at these bills Paul worked on, if they became law, see what he co-wrote that would get a very liberal Democratic president to sign.
 
He may not be tactful, but I will take the blunt honesty any time over the majority of politicians who “speak” through spin doctors and speech writers. Trump is no dummy and he understands how to get a reaction from the vast majority of the truly apathetic voters who have been lulled to sleep with the same old politically correct “messages” from the candidates of the last few years. Ronald Reagan was criticized early in in his campaign too for being too blunt and not being “presidential” and that turned out ok.
Trump has put the illegal immigration debate up front and center and given some solace to victims of crimes by those not in this country legally as in the case of Jamiel Shaw.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top