E
ElanorRigby
Guest
Hello
My wife and I were married for 12 years. She left me for her current boyfriend. I fought to stay in the marriage. During the course of the divorce, she has accused me of trying to kill her and my son. These allegations were dismissed out of hand by a judge as clearly made up. It has been a difficult divorce and she continues to try to poison the children against me. I see the children every other weekend and am doing my best to father them. I grew up in an Anglican church but take the children to church regularly with my Catholic girlfriend.
My ex-wife seeks to annul the marriage on the grounds that I have bipolar disorder. I do have bipolar disorder, but it has always been managed, I have never taken a day off work, and my psychiatrist will write a letter attesting to the same. The fact that I have bipolar disorder in no way affected my ability to decide to get married.
I am not Roman Catholic myself but I am a devout Christian. I do not agree with the church’s position on Divorce but I respect it. What I cannot stomach is that that the Church could say, at my ex-wife’s request, that I never meant to be married and wasn’t capable of marriage and didn’t enter into the marriage in good faith. It was her who cheated throughout the marriage. Have I any recourse here or is the annulment process simply a rubber-stamp so that my ex-wife can remarry with impunity?
Can anyone advise me how to move forward with this?
Thanks
My wife and I were married for 12 years. She left me for her current boyfriend. I fought to stay in the marriage. During the course of the divorce, she has accused me of trying to kill her and my son. These allegations were dismissed out of hand by a judge as clearly made up. It has been a difficult divorce and she continues to try to poison the children against me. I see the children every other weekend and am doing my best to father them. I grew up in an Anglican church but take the children to church regularly with my Catholic girlfriend.
My ex-wife seeks to annul the marriage on the grounds that I have bipolar disorder. I do have bipolar disorder, but it has always been managed, I have never taken a day off work, and my psychiatrist will write a letter attesting to the same. The fact that I have bipolar disorder in no way affected my ability to decide to get married.
I am not Roman Catholic myself but I am a devout Christian. I do not agree with the church’s position on Divorce but I respect it. What I cannot stomach is that that the Church could say, at my ex-wife’s request, that I never meant to be married and wasn’t capable of marriage and didn’t enter into the marriage in good faith. It was her who cheated throughout the marriage. Have I any recourse here or is the annulment process simply a rubber-stamp so that my ex-wife can remarry with impunity?
Can anyone advise me how to move forward with this?
Thanks