A
Ankabaranka_87
Guest
Pray for patience. That’s all I can give as advice lol. I don’t know if there are certain clubs or websites you should join that will help you find your significant other, but it doesn’t hurt to try. From what I have observed with close/married couples it was a matter of chance. My brother would go to church every Sunday looking for a girl to date/whatever. On the Sunday he wasn’t really looking at girls…he met what became his future wife.
I am in a program that consists of 85% males (aka engineering) and part of clubs where mostly guys partake (Catholic, dancing, engineers without borders, if anyone asks), and part of a university where there are more guys than girls. You would think that it would be easy to find that other half. I gotta say, despite these possible chances…and guys that fit “the criteria” (faithful Catholic, etc), I still haven’t found him! (also, I am not manly, or have manly features, if anyone suspects that lol - had some people ask me ‘you are a pretty girl, how come you don’t have a bf?’).
Anyways, what I mean to say, it will come - when you least expect it. I think the best explanation is this passage my friend found on facebook under the ‘Wedding book’ application. it was inspiring for me at least. I wish I could be able to tell you who wrote this, but unfortunately, I forgot to ask my friend. Maybe it will help you
.
I am in a program that consists of 85% males (aka engineering) and part of clubs where mostly guys partake (Catholic, dancing, engineers without borders, if anyone asks), and part of a university where there are more guys than girls. You would think that it would be easy to find that other half. I gotta say, despite these possible chances…and guys that fit “the criteria” (faithful Catholic, etc), I still haven’t found him! (also, I am not manly, or have manly features, if anyone suspects that lol - had some people ask me ‘you are a pretty girl, how come you don’t have a bf?’).
Anyways, what I mean to say, it will come - when you least expect it. I think the best explanation is this passage my friend found on facebook under the ‘Wedding book’ application. it was inspiring for me at least. I wish I could be able to tell you who wrote this, but unfortunately, I forgot to ask my friend. Maybe it will help you
“My mom was 19 when she got married. I’ll be 29 which is much older than I thought I’d be. I remember when I was 4, I wanted to marry my little boyfriend and my mom kept telling me that people couldn’t marry till they were at least 18. 18 seems like such a long time. I was going to have to wait forever. Then my mom kept telling me that even 18 was too young. By high school my goal was to marry at 25 by the latest, but ultimately God taught me patience, and I spent the majority of my 20’s prayerfully striving to have a content heart and to live out my single years well. I gave up looking at wedding dresses and just focused on living my life in loving service to others by volunteering my time in different ministries. I also took my focus off of relationships. It took me a long time to even begin praying for a spouse because I felt even thinking about it would lead to being discontent with my current life. But I eventually found that what I needed to do was hand my desire over to God and simply entrust it in His heart. If I were to marry, it would be His gift to me, not something for me to pursue and reach after. And after that I found even more amazing contentment being single. Those years of being totally single were the best thing for me. I’m glad I’m marrying someone more in obedience to a call, than out of the idea that I need a companion to make me happy. Definitely I am happy, but I know I can be perfectly happy by myself.”