Five points for a perfect Catholic marriage

  • Thread starter Thread starter Onedayatatime
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s better to be married to a Yankees fan than a Vikings fan…:cool:
Girl, the fact that your a football fan is SOOOO yukky. Here we are talking about the two greatest sports in the history of the world (baseball and basketball) and you bring up football?

A pox on you! :mad:
 
Everyone knows that hockey is the best sport. What planet are you people on??
 
Wow - thanks to everyone for the great advice.

I’ll add:

FORGIVE! FORGIVE! FORGIVE!! (shouting necessary here 😉

Set limits - you and your spouse become a new family so be sure the family of origin (and each of you!) gets that.

I’m looking forward to the day when we can say 31 years and counting. All with God’s grace, right? 👍
 
Totally off-topic, sorry: Rapunzel, are those song lyrics in your signature? Where are they from? 🙂
Those are song lyrics. They are from a song that my husband wrote for me. He proposed to me using this song called “Song for Rapunzel”. 🙂
 
Are you serious that supporting a baseball team is idol worship? If so, I know a lot of priests that need some guidance.
Of course not, perhaps I should have spelled it “idle” to ensure my subtle sense of humor was present. The rivalry between NY and Boston sports teams is legendary. And pretty silly also. 😃
 
I think this thread should be relabeled as “Five points for a GREAT Catholic Marriage.”

One thing I’ve learned is that no one is perfect and therefore marriage is not going to be perfect. When you strive for perfection, you only end up missing the mark and getting disappointed. When you strive for unity, happiness, understanding, and growth things go a lot, LOT better.

And oh yeah don’t take the little things for granted. For one I really like cuddling with my husband and falling asleep on him:o:p I miss that when he’s away hunting and I can’t be with him:(
 
I think this thread should be relabeled as “Five points for a GREAT Catholic Marriage.”

One thing I’ve learned is that no one is perfect and therefore marriage is not going to be perfect. When you strive for perfection, you only end up missing the mark and getting disappointed. When you strive for unity, happiness, understanding, and growth things go a lot, LOT better.

And oh yeah don’t take the little things for granted. For one I really like cuddling with my husband and falling asleep on him:o:p I miss that when he’s away hunting and I can’t be with him:(
As mostly everyone on this site knows, I’m single, but I think you are, without question, on to something.

It’s been said that “perfect is the worse enemy of the good”, and that is totally true. I know of people who bail on their marriage/relationship because they think something will come along that is better.

Perfection is the realm of the creator, not humanity…though I come close.
 
:rolleyes: Woooow…I think you mean, you come close to the allegory of the cave kind of perfection, right:p
You may note that I can’t edit the thread name, so will have to remain “perfect” I guess. One of the fav sayings as a kid was “I used to be bigheaded, but now I’m perfect” :yeah_me:
 
Everyone knows that hockey is the best sport. What planet are you people on??
LOL! The ONLY sport I’ll sit and watch on tv. Except the superbowl. But that’s for the commercials. Dang game keeps breaking up those commercials!
 
This week, had another example of how God protects our marriage. My wife broke her let at the beginning of the summer this year, near the ankle. Surgery and a 6 in plate later she is moving around again.

During the past 2 months it has been very inflamed, and on a scheduled check up with the surgeon on Wednesday he says it’s healing fine, but wants to have her scanned to see if there is a blood clot. There was. She has Deep Vein Thrombosis and the clot had moved from her leg to her groin.

They started her on treatment immediately and she visited her doctor yesterday to schedule the next 2 to 3 months to reduce and control this situation.

She had been to a routine physical last week with her regular doctor and of course passed with flying colors. Sometimes, even doctors can’t see unless they are inspired to look for potential problems. In this case my wife was a candidate for a pulmenory embolism, which often does not normally have a satisfactory outcome.

Praise God. :gopray:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top