Florida man kills 2 home invaders, wounds 3rd

  • Thread starter Thread starter RhodesianSon
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RhodesianSon

Guest
I hope the deceased find mercy from God and the homeowner doesn’t suffer financially or mentally as a result of this incident.

This is a good example of why you should have more than one gun, more than one magazine, and as many rounds as you can fit in a gun. Malfunctions happen, multiple attackers can come at once, and your life can be on the line.

It’s also why you shouldn’t post pictures of your valuables, particularly firearms, on social media.

 
Last edited:
Tell me if that sounds like a drug gang war. Who watches TV with a gun in their lap?
 
:raising_hand_man:t2:

Gun on me whenever I’m awake.

Plus one in a lock box in every room.

Plus a rifle and extra mags on a plate carrier in my bedroom.
 
Gun on me whenever I’m awake.

Plus one in a lock box in every room.

Plus a rifle and extra mags on a plate carrier in my bedroom.
That seems a bit excessive but you do you, I guess. Where do you live?
 
Well, no guns on church grounds, schools or buildings in my diocese.
 
No issues in my diocese with churches. Haven’t been inside a school in 23 years
 
But I spent the majority of my life in military and law enforcement, not having a gun within reach disconcerts me.
I don’t want to get too personal, and I’m not saying this is you necessarily but from one vet to another, if you find yourself having thoughts that seem paranoid…no shame in talking to someone.
 
Florida is one of the states with a death penalty and serious crime is likely, a big problem. It might not be odd to keep a gun near one. We don’t know who the homeowner was. He heard glass break. Now, if this was faked, the police can probably investigate that. I doubt if this was set up.

And on top of that, the 3rd suspect who survived is being charged with the crimes involved. The murders as well or however the terminology is, homicide and so on. So, if there was something more to the situation, it would come out in a trial. I highly doubt there is anything more involved. See the story.
 
Last edited:
If it went down like reported then it’s even better than a Rambo movie, 2 men burst in with guns drawn and pointing at him, he has to reach for his gun a few feet away and then takes both of them out, then injures a 3rd, and the intruders never had time to even fire a shot. However it went down the fact they were armed intruders then he had every right to defend himself.
 
And the kicker is, the 3rd suspect fled and was subdued by an armed neighbor. I read of another story not too long ago, where the homeowner shot and killed two intruders, so it happens.
 
Last edited:
This kind of stuff isn’t that uncommon. I’ll try and find the documentary about the jewelry store owner who fought off several armed robberies against multiple assailants over a long period of time

ETA: found it. Watch store owner

 
Last edited:
It takes a special kind Twisted reasoning to argue someone in their own home cannot defend themselves from a home invasion.
 
When I grew up in the LA metro area, it was not uncommon to find home invaders getting shot and sometimes killed. For all the hue and cry over gun control in California, these homeowners were never prosecuted, not even for unregistered guns. Said prosecution would never have gone over well. And still won’t. Criminals know this, so major crime in LA now is property crime: burglaries and car break-ins. Criminals are at least smart enough to not want to take the risk that the homeowner is not only present but also armed.
 
toabb

2m
Gun on me whenever I’m awake.
couldnt imagine how painful life is living with such paranoia

Sadly that’s part of living here in an armed society, whether you agree or not, you almost are compelled to arm yourself because you don’t know who else is armed and if they might be intending to harm you. I don’t think it’s so much paranoia as is a feeling of always being alert for danger, might not be a healthy way to live but that’s the way it is. I have a pistol in my vehicle when I’m traveling, why, not because I’m paranoid but because there might be some perfectly sane armed driver who I accidently cut in front of and they turn into a maniacal road rager and start blazing away at me, it’s happened to other people. So like I said , that’s the way it nowadays, boy scout motto, be prepared.
 
I keep fire extinguishers and first aid kits and all sorts of emergency items around my house. I don’t think there’s anything crazy about it, it’s just being responsible and having tools handy that might be needed. I grew up on a farm, if we didn’t have what we needed it was a 6 hour round trip to town in a car with no ac. We learned to keep well provisioned.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top