Looking at some of these posts makes one realize how thoroughly feminism has insinuated itself in the culture, and, therefore, the military. No wonder Pat Schroeder retired. Her work is done.
I remember a quote from a book written by Malachi Martin some years ago. A priest was making a profound philosophical point about the nature of birds, of all things, and he said a bird doesn’t fly because it has wings. A bird has wings because it can fly. Apparently, judging from some of the responses here (*it makes no difference who comes home in a body bag - man or woman; everyone who wants to serve in the military should be given the opportunity, etc) *a depressingly large number of people have bought the feminist error that men and women are basically the same being with interchangable body parts and functions. Is a woman a nurturing being because she has a uterus, or does she have a uterus because she is by nature and its God intended to be a nurturing, loving being?
I don’t think anyone here is prepared to argue that the military exists to foster the feminine virtues. Rather, its function, as succinctly put by Rush Limbaugh, is *to kill people and break things. *These are things best done by men, and of course, these things at times are necessary.
When I look at some of the quotes from the link I posted, I can’t help but think these women have lost something of the essence of their nature. They have allowed themselves to be turned into “men” who happen to have a uterus.
Lt Col Cheri Provancha, commander of a Stryker Brigade support battalion in Mosul:
The Army has to understand the regulation that says women can’t be placed in direct fire situations is archaic and not attainable.
You can’t tell me I’m not being shot at. You can’t tell me I can’t handle combat…that was pretty frickin’ direct fire if you ask me.
Army Specialist Jennifer Guay, 1st female combat medic:
I refuse to have my right as a soldier taken from me because of my gender…it’s my right to defend my country…I am well aware of the danger…let me (us) do our job.
One wonders whether Ms Guay has any children here at home wondering where mommy is, like thousands of other women on deployment.