Former SDA Thinking of converting to Catholic

  • Thread starter Thread starter tabbytru
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
as to john chapter 6 it is explained that it is not a literal passages because it would make them cannibals if they actually ate his flesh and drank his blood , communion is symbolic not literal they teach.

.
Hi TabbyTru,

Welcome to CAF.
(By the way, I like your Screen name)

In case you are interested, here is my response explaining that Catholics do not believe in Cannibalism.

defendingthebride.com/sc/eucharist.html#Prot%201

Have good day. http://forums.catholic-questions.org/images/icons/icon7.gif
 
The obey their local Patriarch rather than the Bishop of Rome. They believe that the Holy Spirit proceeds from the Father through the Son, rather than from Father and Son. Other things as well, but their history, their structure, their Divine Liturgy and 90%+ of everything else parallels the Catholic Church. We pray for reunification. Yet, they are not even on the SDA/Baptist/Fundamentalist/Evangelical radar for condemnation. A very odd thing, that is, and not regarding the Orthodox.
I would point out there is really no actual difference in the teaching on the procession of the Holy Spirit. Unfortunately the filioque is not very precise and somewhat confusing but both Churches teach that the Father is the cause or principle of the Divinity, both the Son and the Spirit. The Spirit proceeds from the Son through Divine economy. The Catholic Church does not teach that the Father and Son together are the cause of the Spirit. That would be manifest heresy. Just to be clear. 👍
 
It is good to keep in mind that nearly all of the “Catholic things” that are complained about in protestant groups have also been practiced and believed for 2,000 years by the Eastern Orthodox Churches. They, and the Catholic, are the only two that trace all the way back to Christ via the twelve Apostles. Yet, not even the SDA rants and raves about those Eastern Christians - which have the same structure and Seven Sacraments that Christ instituted!
Don’t forget the Oriental Orthodox and the Assyrian Church of the East. 🙂
 
I have never understood why people look at non practicing Catholics as a source for getting their Catholic answers. You came to the the right source in Catholic Answers. I dont know if you heard Scott Hahn, Tim Staples, Steve Ray, Dr. Brant Pitre, these are amazing Catholic apologetics that will give you the right answer for Catholicism.
Just wanted to let you know, I finally finished reading your booklet thing. I have to say, I couldn’t disagree on anything. There was one thing I didn’t quite get, but I am sure it will click through time. So very interesting… again thank you.
 
Just wanted to let you know, I finally finished reading your booklet thing. I have to say, I couldn’t disagree on anything. There was one thing I didn’t quite get, but I am sure it will click through time. So very interesting… again thank you.
I sure hope things work out.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top