Fornication In Todays World

  • Thread starter Thread starter Adoni65
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Having sex before marriage does nothing except cause you to daydream or dream about past sexual encounters instead of dreaming about your wife.
That’s if the encounters or the people involved in them are actually anything worth fondly remembering. I sure don’t sit around thinking back on that stuff. Maybe it’s different for guys.
 
True dat. One of the main reasons people used to buy those channels was to see the porn that was usually aired after a certain hour at night.

Oh, and in the 80s you could rent porn at any Blockbuster, whole racks of it.

I also can’t remember a time since the 70s onward that porn magazines weren’t readily available at just about every drugstore and other seller of magazines…again whole racks of them.
 
Last edited:
40.png
Adoni65:
Side note, this term is an ethnic slur and you might want to re-think using it.
Whoa. Racist language. Glad you stood up against it.
 
And the OP is ‘starting to lean towards fornication’?

I have to say, I have never heard it expressed in such terms.
 
Ethnicity is not the same as race, but, that is a discussion for another time.
 
Ethnicity is not the same as race, but, that is a discussion for another time.
I actually must apologise. I have momentarily confused you with someone else who has a similar forum name who has been making claims that recent racist comments by a person I need not mention were actually not racist. In that context, your comments appeared a little rich.

Again, I apologise. Your comment didn’t deserve my sarcasm.
 
It’s not just you, I’m in my mid 20s and almost every guy I meet is filled to the brim with soy.
Heyyyy… I eat lots of soy in place of meat, for the protein value. I had a son later in life and I want to try to live to be 100. Gotta stay well!
 
40.png
phil19034:
Today, you just have to watch HBO to watch porn
Same in 1999. And 1989. And 1979, frankly. HBO, Showtime, and Cinemax have all had that sort of content for years.
I’m talking about for kids having access to free porn… Kids couldn’t buy showtime, HBO, etc back then. Mom and Dad had to pay for it.

They also didn’t have porn on during Primetime back then. It was late night. Now they have porn in mainstream shows like Game of Thrones.

That’s what I meant.
 
40.png
phil19034:
Sex is not rocket science.
To play a violin is not a rocket science. All you need is the violin, and a fiddle-stick. Oh… and a few years of practice… practice… every day!
To perform surgery is not a rocket science. All you need is a patient and a scalpel. Oh… and a few years of college education and many years of practice.

True, everyone can perform a “bam-bam, thank you ma’am”. But that is not what what makes sex worth to pursue.
yeah… OK.

that’s not what I meant.
 
40.png
phil19034:
Having sex before marriage does nothing except cause you to daydream or dream about past sexual encounters instead of dreaming about your wife.
That’s if the encounters or the people involved in them are actually anything worth fondly remembering. I sure don’t sit around thinking back on that stuff. Maybe it’s different for guys.
It might be different for us. Dr. Peter Kleponis (who has been on Catholic Radio many times) says that sexual encounters (eps for men) are burned into our memories. There is a chemical that enhances memory or triggers the memory part of the brain to work overtime (or something) that happens during sexual encounters, which causes it to be burned in our memories. I think this is something that helps with the biological bonding process that happens during sex.

He was talking about it during a men’s conference. So I don’t remember if the same thing happens with women, but for men, what we see is pretty much burned into out memories.

But he did say for women, it’s more about the situation (i.e. the romance, etc); while for men it’s more visual. So it’s possible that the memory thing is different for men & women. 🤔
 
Wait until marriage, just as the Catholic Church teaches. Truly loving your wife and showing that love by waiting will strengthen your relationship and mutual trust, steady and solid marriages are not based on sex, but rather on having true unselfish love for one another, along with asking our Lord for His Blessings.

Do not put any attention to what the “world” says, only God knows how many marriages lust has ruined, not to mention caused people to end up in Hell. You need God’s grace to overcome lust, human will alone is not enough.
 
Not Catholic but I can tell you 100% it’s worth waiting. I strayed into a life of sin for a few years and still feel guilty about it today, even though I know I’m forgiven. My wife and I waited and I wish I had waited for her.

Sins of the flesh are strong. I pray you don’t give in.
 
I haven’t read all the responses, but to the OP I’d say, aim for holiness in every area of your life. What does sexual holiness look like?

I determined to remain a virgin. But expecting to marry one? Totally separate issue than being one, and, rather an unrealistic hope in today’s world. My standards for my own behavior are high. Towards others, I wish to be known as one who resembles my Heavenly Father in my forgiveness and graciousness, especially towards their past sins. If he forgives and forgets, how can I do anything but the same?

Remaining a virgin is a gift you give God and yourself - a rare & costly gift! It is a gift you give yourself in having no comparisons flashing through your mind at intimate moments… As it turned out for me, we married at 39 & 37, both virgins, and we’re blessed with 3 children after 40. We have the best marriage of anyone I know. Gods way really is best - not easy, but best.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top