N
nfinke
Guest
(this isn’t something I’ve done or planned on doing, just a thought I was having)
Is it really immoral to go see a fortune teller or something similar if you don’t have the slightest belief that what’s going on is real?
I mean don’t get me wrong, I can clearly see the moral issue if you’re going there with the thought “wow I can’t wait for this person to use some supernatural power that doesn’t come from God”, thats essentially idol worship.
But lets say you went in just to be entertained, or to get a kick because you knew it was all a scam. I don’t see how that’s morally different from paying to go through a haunted house, which claims to be full of demons or monsters. I mean without the belief that this person sitting in front of a crystal ball has the power to do something I can’t do, I’m essentially paying to observe someone playing D&D.
Is there something about that which would make it immoral/sinful?
Is it really immoral to go see a fortune teller or something similar if you don’t have the slightest belief that what’s going on is real?
I mean don’t get me wrong, I can clearly see the moral issue if you’re going there with the thought “wow I can’t wait for this person to use some supernatural power that doesn’t come from God”, thats essentially idol worship.
But lets say you went in just to be entertained, or to get a kick because you knew it was all a scam. I don’t see how that’s morally different from paying to go through a haunted house, which claims to be full of demons or monsters. I mean without the belief that this person sitting in front of a crystal ball has the power to do something I can’t do, I’m essentially paying to observe someone playing D&D.
Is there something about that which would make it immoral/sinful?