Fr. Suarez banned from Philipines

• Thread starter Thread starter mschrank
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s something about the whole thing that worries me.

Check:

luminouscrossofgrace.com/?p=50

In fairness, the article (somewhere in the middle) does mention Father doesn’t know about that particular prophecy. If I remember correctly, I first heard about it in one of our local Philippine newspapers but it sounded more of a commentary rather than an actual affiliation. In other words, some people may be trying to make the connection artificially. I am aware of the fact that Medjugorje has been condemned.

If Father Suarez’s gift truly comes from God, then some
“thing” may be behind this trying to foul it up by connecting it with Medjugorje.
Well, that’s wierd…I don’t like Medjugorje, and don’t see how the Phillipines or the world will benefit or be converted or healed with a giant building statue healing center…but like I said, Fr. is coming to our parish on Feb. 16th - the 20th, ending some talks and masses with a healing mass on the 20th I believe, so if this thread is still sitting here, I’ll give me impression. I am off of work with tendonitits and also some “plantar fascistitis” (I have changed the name of that problem:p ) ~ so maybe I can get some healing too, but either way, I plan to check him out and at least hear him speak, so I’ll see what he seems like…I don’t like wierdos in the church 🤷 but I definitely believe some have the gift of healing, after all it is biblical, so I’ll check it out.
It seems like the Phillipines come up with some pretty trippy miracles sometimes, (no offence to my Filipino brethern, I like yous guys) but I can’t recall the gentleman’s name, but a few years ago I remember someone had allegedly been dead for 3 days after profusly bleeding from his nose, mouth, eyes, ears, etc…the doctors said after all the bleeding his blood count or levels were normal…he died…and hadn’t been disposed of yet because his family were praying and an crying and ambu bagging him frantically for days (allowed to do so by the hospital because his relatives were nurses or doctors there or something), then he just came back, sat up and has been traveling around promoting Divine Mercy under alleged orders from Jesus Himself, of course any thing is possible, and the Divine Mercy is the center of my little altar at home, but still pretty trippy story, and I’d not heard of him since…
I wish God would give me a crazy vision and mission, I would trade being thought insane for the inner peace that must bring!
Well, hows that for going off on a tangent…well, peace.

Hi1 I would like to keep an eye on Fr Suarez as he comes from my country and belongs to the Companions of the Cross that was founded by Fr Bob Bedard. He belongs to a that community that is flourishing like ther ei sno to-morrow. Here is a link to the community of the companions of the Cross and a letter by its founder in the case of Fr Suarez.

companionscross.org/

Bakit parang generalized na banned si Fr. Sa Phils. Si Bichop Cruz at Bischop Olivarez lan naman ang nag-patigil sa kanya at marami pa ringa pari ang naniniwala sa kanya. This is a war between Catholic and other Religion na pinapatulan nating mga Katoliko. Maraming ayaw matuloy ang project ni Fr. Suarez na mega Shrine sa Phils. unang.una si Mama Mary, tapos marami ang nasasagasaan ng Ministry niya. He is only 5 yrs priest na ginamit ng Dios sa isang napakalaking project na ito. He is a Catholic Priest at alam ng maraming Religion na ang Catholic ay di naniniwala sa Healing o kung naniniwala man sila ay ayaw nilang ma-comment dito. Ito ang pangyayari ng unang panahon na nasasagasaan ang “ego” ng mga matatagal ns sa servisyong pareseo. Dumating si Hesus dala ang pananampalataya nila at ang kanilang aral subalit mas higit ang nagagawa ni Hesus kaysa sa kanila. Kaya kibit balikat lamang sila kahit anong himala ang gawin ng Dios. Kung si Hesus ay dumating sa katauhan ni Father Suarez, sinong maniniwala sa kaniya? Kung si Hesus ay tutoong ginagagamit si Fr. Suarez na pinatotohanan ng marami, bakit marami ang di tumanggap na Hindi siya ang nagpapagaling kung hindi si Jesus. Marami ang mga pinagbibili, marami ang kinikita ang Ministry niya, matuwa dapat tayo dahil sa kanyang pagtupad sa nais ipagawa sa kanya ng Dios. Ito lamang ang kayang ibato ng tao sa kanya, kailang magbata siya ng binata ng Diyos doon sa kalbaryo, Subalit bilang katoliko, bilang isang Pilipino na gumamit ang ng iisang Pilipino upang itayo sa Pilipinas ang pinaka-malaking Shrine ni Mama Mary, proud ako at kababayan ko siya, Isa siyang Pilipino. Hindi masama ang hangarin niya sa bansa. Alam ba nating ang umaasang mga bata sa kanya, sa Feeding Project niyang ginagawa? Alam ba natin ang ibat-ibang project niya sa Pilipinas. Sa mga Senior Citizen na walang pension pero tumatanggap sila ng 500-1,000 pesos galing sa kanyang Healing Ministry. “Maraming Pilipino ang nais na umunlad ang Pilipinas subalit ilan lamang ang nais gumawa nito.”. Maraming Katoliko ang nais lumago ang aking Religion subalit ilan lamang ang nais gumawa para mapalago ito". Ang tanong ay bakit? “Sefish” Self.center, “self. disire”… Dapat tayong katoliko, ipagtanggol natin si Fr. Suarez, ginamit niya Catholic Priest, Pilipino, hindi katulad ng sikat na Evangelist na si Benny Hinn, Amerikano o taga- England kaya. Kaya nilang i-promote. Tayong Pilipino, sa halip nating i-promote ang kababayan natin puro against tayo. Kaya di tayo lumago, kaya di tayo umunlad.

don’t know anything about this priest, but I do know something about bishops, and one of the most important things I know is that if the local bishop forbids the priest to exercise his ministry in the diocese and forbids Catholics under his care to avail themselves of that ministry, Catholics are bound to obey without question or grumbling, and the bishop is right until heaven proves him wrong.

If the priest in question does not obey his bishop that is proof positive that his ministry or charism is exercised outside the Church and not of divine origin.

Is he the same Filipino priest who has been doing missions recently in the US and presenting participants with rose petals that have the image of Our Lady of Guadalupe?

I have no idea where the OP got the idea that the Bishop said that Fr. Suarez could not heal. The Bishop said he was suppressing it because Suarez did not get permission to hold mass. He would need permission for any mass. And Cruz said he was worried about what Suarez was selling at the masses. Again I am unsure where the OP got the idea they mentioned because it does not say that. How about people actually read the article before responding to the OP.

I have no idea where the OP got the idea that the Bishop said that Fr. Suarez could not heal. The Bishop said he was suppressing it because Suarez did not get permission to hold mass. He would need permission for any mass. And Cruz said he was worried about what Suarez was selling at the masses. Again I am unsure where the OP got the idea they mentioned because it does not say that. How about people actually read the article before responding to the OP.
Code:
The letter from the founder (fr Bob Bedard) of the community that he belongs to also explains it. It is a gross misunderstanding of what really happened. Please read the letter also and we should stop pointing fingers at the priest when we do not know what really happened.

Bakit parang generalized na banned si Fr. Sa Phils. Si Bichop Cruz at Bischop Olivarez lan naman ang nag-patigil sa kanya at marami pa ringa pari ang naniniwala sa kanya. This is a war between Catholic and other Religion na pinapatulan nating mga Katoliko. Maraming ayaw matuloy ang project ni Fr. Suarez na mega Shrine sa Phils. unang.una si Mama Mary, tapos marami ang nasasagasaan ng Ministry niya. He is only 5 yrs priest na ginamit ng Dios sa isang napakalaking project na ito. He is a Catholic Priest at alam ng maraming Religion na ang Catholic ay di naniniwala sa Healing o kung naniniwala man sila ay ayaw nilang ma-comment dito. Ito ang pangyayari ng unang panahon na nasasagasaan ang “ego” ng mga matatagal ns sa servisyong pareseo. Dumating si Hesus dala ang pananampalataya nila at ang kanilang aral subalit mas higit ang nagagawa ni Hesus kaysa sa kanila. Kaya kibit balikat lamang sila kahit anong himala ang gawin ng Dios. Kung si Hesus ay dumating sa katauhan ni Father Suarez, sinong maniniwala sa kaniya? Kung si Hesus ay tutoong ginagagamit si Fr. Suarez na pinatotohanan ng marami, bakit marami ang di tumanggap na Hindi siya ang nagpapagaling kung hindi si Jesus. Marami ang mga pinagbibili, marami ang kinikita ang Ministry niya, matuwa dapat tayo dahil sa kanyang pagtupad sa nais ipagawa sa kanya ng Dios. Ito lamang ang kayang ibato ng tao sa kanya, kailang magbata siya ng binata ng Diyos doon sa kalbaryo, Subalit bilang katoliko, bilang isang Pilipino na gumamit ang ng iisang Pilipino upang itayo sa Pilipinas ang pinaka-malaking Shrine ni Mama Mary, proud ako at kababayan ko siya, Isa siyang Pilipino. Hindi masama ang hangarin niya sa bansa. Alam ba nating ang umaasang mga bata sa kanya, sa Feeding Project niyang ginagawa? Alam ba natin ang ibat-ibang project niya sa Pilipinas. Sa mga Senior Citizen na walang pension pero tumatanggap sila ng 500-1,000 pesos galing sa kanyang Healing Ministry. “Maraming Pilipino ang nais na umunlad ang Pilipinas subalit ilan lamang ang nais gumawa nito.”. Maraming Katoliko ang nais lumago ang aking Religion subalit ilan lamang ang nais gumawa para mapalago ito". Ang tanong ay bakit? “Sefish” Self.center, “self. disire”… Dapat tayong katoliko, ipagtanggol natin si Fr. Suarez, ginamit niya Catholic Priest, Pilipino, hindi katulad ng sikat na Evangelist na si Benny Hinn, Amerikano o taga- England kaya. Kaya nilang i-promote. Tayong Pilipino, sa halip nating i-promote ang kababayan natin puro against tayo. Kaya di tayo lumago, kaya di tayo umunlad.
Code:
Please translate…

Code:
Please translate…
Shoshana, here’s the translation:

**Why does it seem generalized that Fr. Suarez was banned by Bishop Cruz & Bishop Olivares? They’re the only ones who prohibited him, and many people still believe him. This is a war of Catholics with non-Catholics, that Catholics are working on unnecessarily. There are a lot of people who don’t want his shrine-making project to push through. A lot of other religions believe that Catholics don’t believe in healings. …

He is doing a lot of good for the country. i’m proud to say he’s my fellow countryman. He’s only doing what God wants him to do. That’s why we Filipinos don’t progress; instead of helping our fellowmen, we go against them.**

This is basically what the poster said. Hope I’ve helped.

Shoshana, here’s the translation:

Why does it seem generalized that Fr. Suarez was banned by Bishop Cruz & Bishop Olivares? They’re the only ones who prohibited him, and many people still believe him. This is a war of Catholics with non-Catholics, that Catholics are working on unnecessarily. There are a lot of people who don’t want his shrine-making project to push through. A lot of other religions believe that Catholics don’t believe in healings. …

He is doing a lot of good for the country. i’m proud to say he’s my fellow countryman. He’s only doing what God wants him to do. That’s why we Filipinos don’t progress; instead of helping our fellowmen, we go against them.

This is basically what the poster said. Hope I’ve helped.
Code:
Thank you so much for your kindness.🙂

He was studying for a diocese in Canada. He was dropped by the bishop because he was not being obedient. He then went to the Companions of the Cross.

He was studying for a diocese in Canada. He was dropped by the bishop because he was not being obedient. He then went to the Companions of the Cross.
Sounds like hearsay to me. One must be very careful of such. If you have a source please include it. Lets not be calumniating.

Sounds like hearsay to me. One must be very careful of such. If you have a source please include it. Lets not be calumniating.
Code:
You are right Marie. We do not know the reason why he was outed of the Diocese of toronto. It could be for any nymber of reasons. I know a priest 9Fr Hampsh was not accepted in several seminaries because he stuttered. It could be as simple as that.

The Companions (whom I have met the founder a number of times) is proliferating. They have a two-year candidacy before being allowed to be accepted within their community. Fr Bob Bedard (the founder) is also affiliated with Madonna House. A very simple and holy man. Totally unassuming but doesn’t mince his words. I TRUST the discernment of the Companions of the Cross to judge whether this was a situation where Fr Suarez would be considered a bad sheep. It hasn’t been so.

As far as the healing masses go…people just go crazy when they meet a priest with the gift of healing. I went to a conference where Fr D’ioreo (sp?) who also had the gift of healing. The people were told to stay in their places but guess what???..the opposite was true. The people clamored around him like there was no to-morrow. Even after being told that Jesus was the Healer. It did not matter. They needed to touch him and Father needed bodyguards to protect him.

I sat in my seat and moaned…😦

I don’t subscribe to hearsay. I was in the seminary with him. He was studying for Winnipeg, not Toronto, at the time.

In response to the many questions regarding the truth about the “healing priest” Fr. Fernando Suarez’s, I am posting here some facts about him from the Catholic Bishop’s Conference of the Philippines website : cbcpnews.com/?q=node/683
cbcpnews.com/?q=node/652

As I undertand it, Father Suarez has an issue dealing with obedience. In many instances, he did not have permission from the bishops to conduct healing services or Masses in the different dioceses as mentioned in the CBCP website. He also claim that a certain type of stone in the Philippines could cure illnesses. There are also reports of superstitions according to the CBPC. OBEDIENCE is really the mean issue here.

God bless.

well, Fr. Suarez is going to be giving talks and a healing mass at our church in San Pedro this Lent, I’ll let anyone know what my impressions are if they care…
Hey, did you end up going? I actually went to the Saturday afternoon mass, and I think I might be able to check out the talk on Tuesday and/or the healing service on Wednesday. For background, the Companions of the Cross are doing a Lenten mission at Mary Star of the Sea Church in Sand Pedro. From what he said at the mass, he sounded fairly orthodox to me. 🙂 Practically one of the first things he said/emphasized in explaining the healing ministry is that healing comes from GOD, not from himself (as in Father Suarez). 👍

On a side note, while I do understand that people are concerned about obedience to the Pope and bishops, I get the sense that some folks here are rushing to judgment a bit on Father Fernando.

From the CBCP website (news article link in Fide01’s post, thanks) :
The prelate said Suarez conducted two healing sessions in his diocese without asking for his explicit permission for the activities.
However, Suarez’s healing activities were organized in good faith, but the committee thought it was best to cancel them in Bulacan for the meantime due to the bishop’s disapproval, according to Siytangco.
It is an assumed protocol that the responsibility to inform and obtain explicit permissions for healing sessions from local bishops lay with parish priests who invite Suarez, Siytangco defended. And Suarez’s organizers do not solicit the healing masses, she added. …] She further explained that Suarez is not the one who directly handles the schedules, rather it is his communities that decide for healing masses.
The organizing team presumed that the necessary permits in the diocese were already arranged when the schedules were finalized, she added.
From the Statement of Clarification Regarding the Healing Ministry of Father Fernando Suarez (posted on fatherfernando.com in PDF format; by the way, it addresses the major points that people have brought up in the way of concerns):
  1. The Companions of the Cross have a deep love and respect for the authority of the Catholic Church. We endeavor to minister in complete obedience to the Church’s teaching and in union with the local bishops in all matters. …] It is always our intention to act with the blessing and explicit approval of the local bishop. In these cases, there was an unfortunate miscommunication. It was understood that the local organizers of these events had already secured the necessary permission.
I feel that I haven’t seen enough information to make a definitive statement as to deciding whether Fr. Suarez is obedient or not; all I see is that there was some miscommunication among the local bishop, the local organizers at the parishes where these events ere to take place, and the Companions of the Cross. 🤷

I think what would better clarify this case is if there was some official document which identified who is responsible for obtaining the bishop’s approval (the pastor of the parish at which an event is held, or the priest, in this case Fr. Suarez, who would be serving at the event). What would also be necessary is if those in question (namely the Companions, or the local organizers at the parishes) knew this information beforehand and decided to consciously not inform the other involved parties. Because I don’t have those two pieces of information, I don’t feel that I can come to the conclusion of disobedience (innocent until proven guilty, right?).

I think that what’s important here is that the problem was acknowledged, apologies were made, and steps were taken to make sure it doesn’t happen again. 🙂

Now as far as reports of superstitions and other claims, I think those are bound to happen whenever ministries like this get popular. In this case, I think it’s especially true in the Filipino community, because superstition and gossip have been, unfortunately, a part of our culture from since before Spanish colonization (disclaimer: I am Filipino, and I studied this in depth in college). In terms of fidelity to Catholic doctrine and obedience, I believe that it is only charitable to obtain hard evidence of violations (i.e. documented accounts or even video or audio footage) before coming to judgment. 🙂

Apologies for the long post, it’s just that I perceived that this priest was being judged prematurely, and I was taught that one should never attack a priest, even when he’s in error. (Criticism of Priests: Our Lord’s revelations to Mutter Vogel, from the Pieta Prayer Book).

Hey, did you end up going? I actually went to the Saturday afternoon mass, and I think I might be able to check out the talk on Tuesday and/or the healing service on Wednesday. For background, the Companions of the Cross are doing a Lenten mission at Mary Star of the Sea Church in Sand Pedro. From what he said at the mass, he sounded fairly orthodox to me. 🙂 Practically one of the first things he said/emphasized in explaining the healing ministry is that healing comes from GOD, not from himself (as in Father Suarez). 👍

Not Saturday, I was busy going to my 1st vespers prayer service at an eastern catholic church! 😛
but I plan to be there for tomorrow’s mass and talk and on tuesday, and then hopefully for sure Wednesday’s healing mass, and hopefully my little sick nephew can make it.

It seems futile to post articles of explanation on this thread…they are not being read. 😦

In response to the many questions regarding the truth about the “healing priest” Fr. Fernando Suarez’s, I am posting here some facts about him from the Catholic Bishop’s Conference of the Philippines website : cbcpnews.com/?q=node/683
cbcpnews.com/?q=node/652

As I undertand it, Father Suarez has an issue dealing with obedience. In many instances, he did not have permission from the bishops to conduct healing services or Masses in the different dioceses as mentioned in the CBCP website. He also claim that a certain type of stone in the Philippines could cure illnesses. There are also reports of superstitions according to the CBPC. OBEDIENCE is really the mean issue here.

God bless.
I see the word Obedience issue no where in the reports. I think your stretching it a bit…not to mention pretty strange you have just joined and only one post. :hmmm: Sounds like an agenda to me. 🤷

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back