Freemasons

  • Thread starter Thread starter dsimo
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like most groups sponsored by Satan they appear to do some good and tell some truths in order to confuse and get people hooked.
Everyone should stay well clear of the Freemasons and any groups associated with them or like them.
Once a year, the Shriners underwrite a circus that comes to our city. This is the only circus that comes to our area, by the way. Is it wrong to let my children attend the Shrine Circus? Is that some way aiding and abetting the enemy?
Now do all see the damage that can be done here? On one hand you have someone stating that the Freemasons are akin to Satan. (Funny, I have heard from Pentacostals, that Catholicism is akin to Satan, but hey, I don’t listen to that, because I think for myself)

Then again, you have folks who are good Catholics, questioning if they should take their children to the Shrine sponsored Circus. How sad that we have come to this.

I have to ask “thistle”…where was the Catholic Church when that little boy needed surgery for his club foot? This family is devout Catholic…don’t you think “back in 1959”, SOMEONE from the church would have said “something”? From your statement above, you have made an absolute statement that the because they are sponsored by Satan they put out good works in order to confused people.

Years ago, my DRE…said to a group of catechists…(I was a young one in my late 20’s)…Beware of absolutes. I admit I had no idea what she meant. Well, folks…I get it now.
 
Now do all see the damage that can be done here? On one hand you have someone stating that the Freemasons are akin to Satan. (Funny, I have heard from Pentacostals, that Catholicism is akin to Satan, but hey, I don’t listen to that, because I think for myself)

Then again, you have folks who are good Catholics, questioning if they should take their children to the Shrine sponsored Circus. How sad that we have come to this.

I have to ask “thistle”…where was the Catholic Church when that little boy needed surgery for his club foot? This family is devout Catholic…don’t you think “back in 1959”, SOMEONE from the church would have said “something”? From your statement above, you have made an absolute statement that the because they are sponsored by Satan they put out good works in order to confused people.

Years ago, my DRE…said to a group of catechists…(I was a young one in my late 20’s)…Beware of absolutes. I admit I had no idea what she meant. Well, folks…I get it now.
So you would be in favour of the evil drug cartels and their murdering members in Columbia just because they do some good things for their local communities??
 
Once a year, the Shriners underwrite a circus that comes to our city. This is the only circus that comes to our area, by the way. Is it wrong to let my children attend the Shrine Circus? Is that some way aiding and abetting the enemy?:confused:
No, you should love your enemies. Just don’t join them.

The Masons, through the Shriners, fulfill a very important task in American society: they provide go-carts to parades. No parade is truly complete without high-speed maneuvers by highly-skilled go-cart drivers. Until the K of C can start meeting this demand, the Masons will always be with us. What red-blooded American doesn’t secretly long to join an elite squad of go-cart aces?

However, the ones I know (mostly, but not exclusively, family members) are rabid anti-Catholics, even if they try to be nice about it.
 
Once a year, the Shriners underwrite a circus that comes to our city. This is the only circus that comes to our area, by the way. Is it wrong to let my children attend the Shrine Circus? Is that some way aiding and abetting the enemy?:confused:
I wonder if the elephant knows about this?
 
So you would be in favour of the evil drug cartels and their murdering members in Columbia just because they do some good things for their local communities??
apples and oranges dear…apples and oranges.

Did you know most organized crime figures believe themselves as devout Catholics, even drug lords in Columbia?

Now the freemasons…please give me some references on the many murders they have committed. Note: I didn’t say influence peddling…
 
apples and oranges dear…apples and oranges.

Did you know most organized crime figures believe themselves as devout Catholics, even drug lords in Columbia?

Now the freemasons…please give me some references on the many murders they have committed. Note: I didn’t say influence peddling…
Not apples and oranges.

Evil is the common denominator. Drug cartels and murderers destroy people and families. Freemasons intent is to destroy the Church and its members.
 
Not apples and oranges.

Evil is the common denominator. Drug cartels and murderers destroy people and families. Freemasons intent is to destroy the Church and its members.
please document
 
Last I looked, the church is made up of “people and families”.

It must be an awful life for you, constantly looking over your shoulder for the boogieman. How do you live life to the fullest, when you are pre-occupied with “evil”? Unlike, you I don’t dwell upon evil, and who is evil and what is evil…I have the gift of discernment…within. I don’t give evil and audience in which to perform on my psyche. If you read your history of Evil…it is vain, it is preoccupied with flattery and attention, evil thinks itself better than anything…better than our Father in Heaven…hence the banishment.

I don’t give evil the time of day. If the freemasons are as evil as you say…you must have had some bad experience with them. All I know, is a little catholic boy, who is now 46 yrs. old…is walking. I would also know that this man is still a devout Catholic, and his brain has not been turned to mush and neither has his parents.

If you go looking for evil…you will find it. Remember the vanity and attention seeking.
 
Last I looked, the church is made up of “people and families”.

It must be an awful life for you, constantly looking over your shoulder for the boogieman. How do you live life to the fullest, when you are pre-occupied with “evil”? Unlike, you I don’t dwell upon evil, and who is evil and what is evil…I have the gift of discernment…within. I don’t give evil and audience in which to perform on my psyche. If you read your history of Evil…it is vain, it is preoccupied with flattery and attention, evil thinks itself better than anything…better than our Father in Heaven…hence the banishment.

I don’t give evil the time of day. If the freemasons are as evil as you say…you must have had some bad experience with them. All I know, is a little catholic boy, who is now 46 yrs. old…is walking. I would also know that this man is still a devout Catholic, and his brain has not been turned to mush and neither has his parents.

If you go looking for evil…you will find it. Remember the vanity and attention seeking.
I have a great life and do not look over my shoulder at all.
I believe and accept ALL the teachings of the Church. From your comments you appear to be having doubts and seem to be having a problem.
Isn’t it interesting that I am talking about evil groups but you are making a personal judgement about me and trying to defend the Freemasons.

Read Humanum Genus, the encyclical by Pope Leo XIII.
The Church is very clear on this matter so I don’t know why you keep quibbling.

YOU CANNOT BE A CATHOLIC AND A FREEMASON.
A Catholic who becomes a Freemason is in mortal sin.

Do you believe and accept that teaching??? A yes or no would suffice!
 
I have a great life and do not look over my shoulder at all.
I believe and accept ALL the teachings of the Church. From your comments you appear to be having doubts and seem to be having a problem.
Isn’t it interesting that I am talking about evil groups but you are making a personal judgement about me and trying to defend the Freemasons.

Read Humanum Genus, the encyclical by Pope Leo XIII.
The Church is very clear on this matter so I don’t know why you keep quibbling.

YOU CANNOT BE A CATHOLIC AND A FREEMASON.
A Catholic who becomes a Freemason is in mortal sin.

Do you believe and accept that teaching??? A yes or no would suffice!
Also very instructive on the Freemasonry are the three encyclicals of Pope Pius XI responding to the attack on the Church in Mexico during his pontificate and continuing up to our present day. It was only in 1991-92 that the Mexican government lifted most of the laws limiting Church activity, but church buildings are still state property.

catholicculture.org/docs/doc_view.cfm?recnum=4935

catholicculture.org/docs/doc_view.cfm?recnum=4943

catholicculture.org/docs/doc_view.cfm?recnum=4949

While the Masons of America have a rather benign image, not so their brothers in Mexico. The Mexican Revolution found the Freemasons very much involved in violently overthrowing the role of the Catholic Church in the lives of the faithful there. The anti-Catholic roots of Freemasonry were in evidence in the persecution of the Church which led to many martyrdoms and expulsions from the country (the Carmelite monastery in San Francisco was founded by Mexican nuns fleeing from anti-clerical hatred).
 
Read Humanum Genus, the encyclical by Pope Leo XIII.
The Church is very clear on this matter so I don’t know why you keep quibbling.

YOU CANNOT BE A CATHOLIC AND A FREEMASON.
A Catholic who becomes a Freemason is in mortal sin.

Do you believe and accept that teaching??? A yes or no would suffice!
You go thistle!!!😃
 
well if you say you have already informed the pastor your obligation is over. you have judged this person as you state in OP, evangelization is not calling the heresy police on everybody who sits next to you in the pews.
Again I haven’t judged the person. I defined the action of the person…we are called to love the sinner and hate the sin. My intention is not to embarass anyone. This can be resolved in loving way by a Priest with guts.
 
well if you say you have already informed the pastor your obligation is over. you have judged this person as you state in OP, evangelization is not calling the heresy police on everybody who sits next to you in the pews.
:clapping:
 
Paranoia, reigns supreme.
I seriously urge you to reconsider your position on this issue. The Freemasons are an organisation dedicated to the destruction of Catholicism. If you won’t accept the Church’s position on this, what exactly is the role of the Church and it’s authority on teaching Faith and Morals in your life?

God bless.
 
Lets set the record straight here. I am not, nor have I ever been a member of the freemasons. I know a few, hello, how’s it goin"? hows the kids, et al.

I know a devout catholic family that was helped by them. They did not join the freemasons,…they accepted help for their son.

The Catholic Church’s position is not to join them, fine, ok, I get it.

IMHO…IMHO…I find it difficult to believe that the Catholic Church could be underminded by the freemasons. Again, my opinion.
 
Lets set the record straight here. I am not, nor have I ever been a member of the freemasons. I know a few, hello, how’s it goin"? hows the kids, et al.

I know a devout catholic family that was helped by them. They did not join the freemasons,…they accepted help for their son.

The Catholic Church’s position is not to join them, fine, ok, I get it.

IMHO…IMHO…I find it difficult to believe that the Catholic Church could be underminded by the freemasons. Again, my opinion.
That’s just it Julianna, it really doesn’t matter what any of us believe about the “kindness” of any individual mason. It’s what the church teaches that counts. This is the only thing that I have been trying to get across in my posts. If you tried reading some of the suggestions I made, you would see why the church has a problem with the masons. Even if you don’t personally think they are a threat, the church has her reasons why she believes they are.

Investigate for yourself, you might be surprised by what you learn.
 
That’s just it Julianna, it really doesn’t matter what any of us believe about the “kindness” of any individual mason. It’s what the church teaches that counts. This is the only thing that I have been trying to get across in my posts. If you tried reading some of the suggestions I made, you would see why the church has a problem with the masons. Even if you don’t personally think they are a threat, the church has her reasons why she believes they are.

Investigate for yourself, you might be surprised by what you learn.
actually marci, at this time of night, I really don’t care…this subject is over (for me anyway) :yawn:
 
please document
Oh for Pete’s sake. There’s an abundance of literature on this topic, but if you have to have one to start with…

newadvent.org/cathen/09771a.htm

Not an article for people with short attentions spans, passing interest in the topic or who prefer an tidy internet quick fix; I am NOT implying here that you are such a person Texas Roofer, I only mean to say that it requires a little patience to read as it’s an encyclopedia entry from the Catholic Encyclopedia and written in an older, more scholarly style not suited to quick skimming.

Catholic Answers has plenty of information on this topic too.

Can you read Spanish? If so, an excellent book on the subject is Cesar Vidal’s LOS MASONES: LA HISTORIA DE LA SOCIEDAD SECRETA MÁS INFLUYENTE DE LA HISTORIA ISBN: 840806486X. I don’t know if it has been translated into English or not, but Vidal is an excellent scholar and very, very readable at least in Spanish 🙂

Long and short of it? A Catholic cannot be a member of the Freemasons. This is the Church’s judgement and we must submit to it if we wish to follow Christ.

As to supporting their charitable works or receiving assistance from them: there are, in my opinion, many degrees and nuances to “support”. I would certainly give no money directly to them, nor would I be likely to volunteer my time to assist with their charitable activities because there are plenty of Catholic organisations and charitable activities through which I can practise the corporal works of mercy commanded by Christ.

Receiving charity from them is a non-issue. It can be accepted, in the same way that one can accept treatment from a doctor that also does things in his practise which are contrary to Catholic moral teaching. Any way, if it’s genuine charity, then there is no request for or obligation to give support to the Masons as a result of receiving it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top