D
Yes, DeMolay is a part of the Masonic organization, as is Jobâs Daughters. As a teenager I was asked if I would be interested in joining Jobâs Daughters; since I was a Catholic, I politely declined.Was there a youth group by the name of demolay part of the masons? When I met my husband he said he had went to this group. Did they teach membership or initiation?
I havenât yet heard or seen this new marketing campaign, but I agree that there is a need (just from the small sample here) for educating Catholics about Freemasonry.I think that we, as Catholics, are going to have to mobilize to education and inform people, especially our Catholic brethren, about the Churchâs teaching on Freemasonry. I would bet that very few Catholics understand that belonging to the Masons is different than being a member of the Elks some other community/fraternal group.
This is especially important now that the Masons are in the midst of an agressive marketing campaign. I have heard radio ads and even seen a billboard along the highway recently. They all tout belonging to something special and becoming a better man.
My husband was raised Methodist and he kind of like a girl so he went to the group to get to know her and yes I remember him calling her Jobâs daughter group but then we married and I was wondering if he would still be considered part of the masons since he had studied under it for a while. this was about 40 years ago. We married but not in the cc. Do they have books that they keep track of things like the mormons and such ? dessertYes, DeMolay is a part of the Masonic organization, as is Jobâs Daughters. As a teenager I was asked if I would be interested in joining Jobâs Daughters; since I was a Catholic, I politely declined.
Iâm sorry I canât help you with your question, dessert. Perhaps someone with more knowledge about the inner workings of Freemasonry will be able to give you an answer. I suspect, though, that after 40 years of having no affiliation with DeMolay, your husband wouldnât be considered a part of the Masonic organization.My husband was raised Methodist and he kind of like a girl so he went to the group to get to know her and yes I remember him calling her Jobâs daughter group but then we married and I was wondering if he would still be considered part of the masons since he had studied under it for a while. this was about 40 years ago. We married but not in the cc. Do they have books that they keep track of things like the mormons and such ? dessert
well if you say you have already informed the pastor your obligation is over. you have judged this person as you state in OP, evangelization is not calling the heresy police on everybody who sits next to you in the pews.AS Catholics it is our responsibility to inform the priest and he is to quietly tell the Catholic that is Freemason he is in grave sin and can not receive the Eucharist. AS stated by Canon Law. You are correctâŚGod will judge the soulâŚbut it is our responsibility as Catholics to bring the soul to salvation. And evangalize the truth.
I am not judging if I say that membership in freemasonry is forbidden. The church says this herself, and the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith issued a Declaration on Masonic Associations, dated November 26, 1983. âTherefore the Churchâs negative judgment in regard to Masonic associations remains unchanged since their principles have always been considered irreconciliable with the doctrine of the Church and therefore membership in them remains forbidden. The faithful who enroll in Masonic associations are in a state of grave sin and may not receive Holy Communion.âwell if you say you have already informed the pastor your obligation is over. you have judged this person as you state in OP, evangelization is not calling the heresy police on everybody who sits next to you in the pews.
Hi MarciJulianna, the people who are posting negatively about the masons are only relaying church teaching about freemasonry and the sin that is attached to a catholic who is a member. A sin so grave, by the way, that one should not recieve the Eucharist while a member. This is not personal opinion this is the teaching of the church.
Two of the spiritual works of mercy are to counsel the doubtful and instruct the ignorant. One of the duties of a priest is to shepard his flock, to give them the spiritual guidance necessary for salvation. Instructing them on mortal sin and reception of the Eurcharist is definately within the realm of pastoral duty.
And as far as the faithful who worry about such things, they are not âtattletailsâ or âspiesâ. Anyone who truely loves their neighbor cares most of all about the condition of their souls. To love, truely love someone is to give them charity and the spiritual direction they need to find salvation.
One of the Charisms of the church is the power to express knowledge. The Catholic Encyclopedia says âThis grace enables a preacher or teacher to impart knowledge of sacred truth with exactitude and clarity. St. Augustine stated that this charism pertains expecially to the explanation of morality and good works. The charism of knowledge is similar to the gift of the Holy Spirit that has the same name, because they both have to do with imparting a knowledge of sacred truth and Divine Revelation. The difference lies in the fact that the gift of knowledge benefits the person who have the gift, while the charism is for the instruction of others.â
If done in charity, it is the duty of all catholics to evagelize, this means to instruct those outside the church and to reinstruct those in the church who are in need of spiritual guidance.
Your comment above sounds like the same tactics the Devil usesâŚhe plants doubt in our mindsâŚprayer combats that doubtâŚand your given courage to stand up for ChristâŚwe are not called to be Lukewarm with our faithâŚattend MassâŚrecite the RosariesâŚconfession every monthâŚand you will see your enemies fall.Priests have to be careful of crossing the Masons. I believe it was Fr. Corapi who told about a good priest who sought to enlighten his parishioners about Church teaching regarding membership in the Masons. In very short order, he had anonymous accusations of molestation lodged against him.
Masons are not just a collection of do-gooders.
Julianna, what does this have to do with instructing a fellow catholic about the churchâs teaching on membership in the masons and refraining from reception of the Eucharist?My question to all of you
Should the parents have NOT accepted assistance from the Shriners for their son because they are Catholic? Now remember, this is before the âhippy dippyâ days as you call them of Vat II.
I donât remember a Catholic hospital, jumping to the forefront to help this family.
This is a true story, as I have said. I am not being condescending or judgemental. I am asking a legitimate question.
If it was your child, what what you do?
oh, ok, we can accept their charity, we just canât join them and we can say on these forums that they are some wicked cult or something to that effect, and they initiate new members by stomping on the popeâs vestments and they are harmful for the church.Julianna, what does this have to do with instructing a fellow catholic about the churchâs teaching on membership in the masons and refraining from reception of the Eucharist?
I suspect that there are a great many people who recieve and accept help from those that are not in union with the church. There are so-called catholic hospitals that provide contraception, does this mean one shouldnât accept medical care from their emergency room if they were in a car crash?
Yes, the masons do alot of charity work, but that doesnât change the fact that membership for catholics is forbidden by the church. If you donât quite understand why the church teaches this, there are many places you can find information about the freemasons, may I suggest the following:
CCC 285, 2123-2126
Leo XIII, Humanum Genus
Others that I have not read, but are suggested readings on freemasonry in Our Sunday Visitorâs Encyclopedia of Catholic Doctrine:
Christianity and American Freemasonry, W. Whalen
Behind the Lodge Doors, P. Fisher
Freemasonry and the Vatican, L. de Poncins
Conspiracy Against God and Man, C. Kelly
Charity is charity, should I as a catholic not be charitable towards those who are not in union with the church. Should I not have charity for those who are not christians? No one is condeming the good works that individual masons do. The church has prohibited membership in the masons because they are as a group against the catholic church.oh, ok, we can accept their charity, we just canât join them and we can say on these forums that they are some wicked cult or something to that effect, and they initiate new members by stomping on the popeâs vestments and they are harmful for the church.
HmmmâŚmakes me wonder why any Catholic would accept charity from them.![]()
Like most groups sponsored by Satan they appear to do some good and tell some truths in order to confuse and get people hooked.oh, ok, we can accept their charity, we just canât join them and we can say on these forums that they are some wicked cult or something to that effect, and they initiate new members by stomping on the popeâs vestments and they are harmful for the church.
HmmmâŚmakes me wonder why any Catholic would accept charity from them.![]()