Fun bible poll!(-:

  • Thread starter Thread starter ETEXAS
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

ETEXAS

Guest
OK kids! (lol) I am calling this a fun Poll because if not taken in a Proper Spirit could go wrong! None of that now!:cool: OK what is your fave “Protestant” Bible…there are a number of “valid” reasons A catholic can have or read a Protestant. Bible…I am a Former Anglican…I have a Handcrafted Blue AV (from Glasgow)…French milled Paper …Calfskin Leather! Hey not gonna trash it (the AV gets a bad rap…it is VERY high Church…the ONLY way it is used as anti Catholic are …with Scofield notes or such! Anywho…I LOVE the AV Psalms my Dear Friends! They are SUBLIME! Some Catholics in College/University may take in Comp Lit do “Bible as Literature” it could be a Protestant Bible…some Catholics are in BSF open to Catholics and Protestants …actually safe…it is a “Topical” overview of Scripture! Not really dogmatic! You can tote any version you wish but lesson plans are based on the NIV…not bad…IF you know the NIV is Paraphrastic! but an easy read! SO with my disclaimers lets “have fun” Protestant Bibles you enjoy…perhaps from being a convert…nostagia thing…or Literary Quality…:cool: Lets roll!!!:):):cool::)🙂
 
If any of you Cats or Kittens:):)🙂 votes other…I would love to hear which! PAX!!!:):):):)🙂
 
Hey…no pressure here…JUST because I am a no pressure Texas Mineral Rights Man an and Capitol Investor…(yes tip to laugh…self deprication is hobby…) But…ince I was the first on the “Prom Dance Floor” …wallflowers:):):D:p:) …since I gave my reason as a Anglican Convert, with AV affections still…I am TRULY fascinated to hear why you selected whatever Prot Version “on the menu” It is truly interesting would love feedback and as well as vote selection! PLEASE! Chime in!:):)🙂
 
The Word is the Word. Personally, I like the NASB. It’s pretty.

My taste.
 
NASB. It is not only very literal, but very literal from the time I learned Greek. It is very consistent in verb translations.
 
NASB. It is not only very literal, but very literal from the time I learned Greek. It is very consistent in verb translations.
I like the NASB…it is very accurate…I do not think its English is bad…I have a Friend who calls it "YODA ENGLISH…:):):))…BUT…really it flows that way as you astutely noted in verb tense forms and constructs…the OT…is also well done in handling Hebrew!👍 You know my friends…I failed to make note of this opening…but I have MET…anti-catholics…who WILL NOT SPAR ME using my RSVCE…I have used the AV…the NASB…and even the Dynamic Equvalent NIV…TO defend my Catholic faith! My Dear Friends…a useful skill…get to know at least 2 good Prot Versions…as I say mostly…the “TEXT PROPER” is SAFE…it is notes and annotations! Get a NASB and make Catholic notes! Serious…Cambridge makes a good Wide margin hardcover…you can put a anti Catholic in the ROPES using “their” Translation…A:They don’t expect it! B: Many Anti Catholics THINK we Catholics neither KNOW nor Read the Bible…whole great section in our current catechism on the importance of knowing Scripture!👍:cool: Goes back to JP2!!! He made a HUGE thrust in getting Catholics to “Dust off our Bibles”! I Love the Bible people! I love reading period…the Bible…there is great stuff in there!
 
I picked the King james bible because its really the only protestant bible i have ever read:shrug:
 
I like the NIV. Easy to read and is the most popular translation among the Portestants know.
 
Before I converted, I loved the Life Study Application Bible NIV translation. Entering the Church, I have never seen a bible that rivaled this bible, until I got a St. Ignatius Study Bible NT. Finally the Catholics got a bible that surpasses the Life Study Application Bible.
 
I like the NASB probably because it is most similar to the NAB.

However, I do love reading Psalms in King James. 👍
 
Before I converted, I loved the Life Study Application Bible NIV translation. Entering the Church, I have never seen a bible that rivaled this bible, until I got a St. Ignatius Study Bible NT. Finally the Catholics got a bible that surpasses the Life Study Application Bible.
I find that the “Catholic Family Connections” NAB bible by St. Mary’s Press to be a great Catholic bible as well.

smp.org/ItemDetail.cfm?ItemNum=4402
 
I like the NASB…it is very accurate…I do not think its English is bad…I have a Friend who calls it "YODA ENGLISH…:):):))…BUT…really it flows that way as you astutely noted in verb tense forms and constructs…the OT…is also well done in handling Hebrew!
Sounds some what stilted, it does. Yet very useful, it is.
 
Verily, verily, I say unto thee,
had not my life embraced the Catholic Faith,
mine own preference would be to readeth the King James Version
and accepteth none other,
and thereupon liveth in accordance with my particular Anglican heritage.
 
And unto Thee, I also say…yea, Have I only read the King James. So that was how I chooseth mine own selection. Ah! But, yea, the NASB by the Gideons handed out, it 'tis. Liketh do I, that one as well! 😉
 
I picked the King james bible because its really the only protestant bible i have ever read:shrug:
Had a buddy who was working on his Comp Lit Degree years ago…he did some work at “Jesuit U”…AKA Boston College…and he was in an exploring The Bible as Lit…he goes and picks up his texts…his JESUIT Professor …used a hardback thinline…AV! LOL. My Buddy told me me he was a great Guy Awesome sense of humor…when he was asked about the AV by students…he smiled shrugged…and said “Give the Anglicans SOME credit, they flaws and all, did with Scripture what the Catholic Church did with our Great Cathedrals , they created the most Glorious Cathedral of Words, without doubt, the AV is the high point of Bible Translation literature.” SO! Any fellow Catholics who are closetAV readers…you are in good company…JH NEWMAN still read the AV after his conversion…Agnostic Lit Professors tip the hat to its soaring English style! (before anyone stones me! I know the AV has flaws…I am speaking to it’s Elegant Soaring English…):cool:🙂 So my Seminarian friend! Don’t feel guilty for picking it!😃
 
I am currently thoroughly enjoying the HSCB Study Bible.

But in all honesty I really enjoy almost all translations. I like the clear delivery of the NLT (2004) at times and the wonderful tone of the DRB. I have the ESV Study Bible and the Life Application NIV, a KJV, a NKJV, a NASB (And yes, the Yoda Bible comparison is indeed funny, lol), NAB and I have an Ignatius RSVCE on its way, on sale at amazon for $26 leather 👍, I also have a Spanish NVI (NIV), and a really Big (Table Version) 3 family generations old Spanish Catholic Bible that I absolutely love.
 
I am currently thoroughly enjoying the HSCB Study Bible.

But in all honesty I really enjoy almost all translations. I like the clear delivery of the NLT (2004) at times and the wonderful tone of the DRB. I have the ESV Study Bible and the Life Application NIV, a KJV, a NKJV, a NASB (And yes, the Yoda Bible comparison is indeed funny, lol), NAB and I have an Ignatius RSVCE on its way, on sale at amazon for $26 leather 👍, I also have a Spanish NVI (NIV), and a really Big (Table Version) 3 family generations old Spanish Catholic Bible that I absolutely love.
IS…you busted me too…I am a Bible addict…I admit I BEELINE for the Bible Section…In a Barnes&Noble…Protestant Bookshops…and Catholic Stores… I have BOUGHT…my Dear People…a Translation…I have already…If I see another in a cool Binding and Cover…😊😊😊🙂 Beloved Brothers and Sisters…my weakness…It’s like I can’t help it…OCD City Folk…Like Adrian Monk thing happening here…“Moist wipe! Quick!”:):)🙂
 
IS…you busted me too…I am a Bible addict…I admit I BEELINE for the Bible Section…In a Barnes&Noble…Protestant Bookshops…and Catholic Stores… I have BOUGHT…my Dear People…a Translation…I have already…If I see another in a cool Binding and Cover…😊😊😊🙂 Beloved Brothers and Sisters…my weakness…It’s like I can’t help it…OCD City Folk…Like Adrian Monk thing happening here…“Moist wipe! Quick!”:):)🙂
:extrahappy:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top