C
CopticChristian
Guest
Let us try to start with discontinuing to call people by their behavior and labeling people “Gay Catholic”…Please excuse my ignorance. I can assure you that my hand is extrended only in the kindest means possible and I have no desire to give you or anyone else any false information, much less any reason to suspect I would do so intentionally.
The argument you supplied seems to me to be nothing more than suspicions stated as facts.
These statements are made as facts without any supporting evidence what so ever.
When correcting me in the future, or suggesting somehow that you have insight beyond any other person, it would probably be accepted more graciously if you used studied and empirical information, such as direct evidence in support of a suspicion, to state what is basically nothing more than your opinion.
That’s a bit of unpleasantry I hope to avoid in the future. So perhaps if my previous post wasn’t clear, let me concretely say now that if someone else WHO IS GAY should have had experiences with the Catholic Association for Gay and Lesbian Ministries and can attest to whether or not this association can be helpful or a hindrance, perhaps they could obligingly share that insight WITH THE ORIGINAL POSTER, who from what I can tell is in turmoil over this issue. I am not gay, but can certainly understand the frustration.
And off topic but important for this thread is my confession that I did not come here to play one-upmanship with other Catholics. I know that other boards are filled with people who seem to scour posts in order to find corrections they can make. I will not comment on what their lives must be filled with or lacking, as I think such rhetoric could only be hurtful to them. But I will add that I, myself, am hurt when someone who I was not even addressing chimes in to tell me that my opinion is useless when it was offered only from the purest empathy and heartfelt desire to reach out to someone who might need a hand to hold.
Jesus told a story once of a family who was invited to their neighbors religious gathering. Upon arrival they found a seat amongst the gathering, obviously an open field I have always presumed, and immediately felt ashamed because all of the other members had brought food, as was customary in their gatherings. While the others picnicked and frolicked, the new family sat alone and dejected.
Am I alone here? Am I the only one who believes that Christ was saying it doesn’t matter what a person’s religious beliefs are or the underlying church structure that brings them to worship God? What matters, guys, is accepting those people, taking your food and picnic blanket over to them and share with them your feast. That is what Christ is saying!
So please, take all the written laws and scribed traditions and shelve them. The Sauducees and Pharisees are no longer required as the Holy Spirit guides our hearts and minds and souls. Yes, that new family might be sinners according to the traditions of your faith. But you are not called to admonish them. Or me.
Before we comment on anothers advice, let’s first consider whether it is equivalent to carrying our picnic basket to him/her or if it is more like throwing our gnawed and stripped chicken bones at him. We are Catholic, which means we were called to this faith because we were ready for a higher understaning. I think it is important to practice this faith in all things we do. How does bickering and typo correcting appear to a poster who is honestly conflicted between his love for God and his steadfast faith and extreme feelings he is having that MAY be contrary? Let’s try to focus on his needs right now instead of trying to one-up each other.
I have no issue with your sincerity however your information is not helpful.
Here are some more reviews of the Dangerous group you refer to…
non-faithfulcatholicschools.blogspot.com/2011/07/bishop-hubbard-and-his-gay-and-lesbian.html
Fidelity: Danger!
Resources: Poor
Useability: Excellent
Strengths
None Reported.
ncronline.org/news/spirituality/gay-ministry-group-refuses-sign-oathWeaknesses
Fidelity: There is a consistent denial of the Church’s teaching on the objective sinfulness of homosexual acts. Example(s)
Following a more than yearlong investigation into the group’s “adherence to the fullness of Catholic teaching,” the future of a national association of ministries to gay and lesbian Catholics is uncertain because its board members refused to sign an “oath of personal integrity” to Catholic teaching given to them by the local bishop.
Do some research before you recommend a site that is not helpful.Declining the oath could result in Bishop Salvatore Cordileone of Oakland, Calif., declaring the Catholic Association for Lesbian and Gay Ministry, or CALGM, as “not authentically Catholic,” a letter to its members from the association president warns.