George Carlin is miserable

  • Thread starter Thread starter edwest2
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
The sad parts is that they do not show the other side of the porn industry, and I’m talking to several porn actresses in other forums.
  1. The self loathing. HUGE
  2. The hards drug 90% of them are doing.
  3. The mental illneses (about 70% seem to be mentally ill).
  4. The hopelessness hidden behind the parties and drugs.
Not a pretty sight. I know some people actually like to do porn, most of the people in porn do not really want to be here.

Cable TV does do not show that.
 
What gets me is his disrespect for God and His son. Is he an atheist?
 
I would definitely agree that Carlin has been less and less funny as he ages, but not due to his bitterness.

You need to be able to separate the commentary from the act. And the way he condenses the Ten Commandments into one is a great example of how he can intertwine comedy and commentary.
 
I can’t begin to tell you how many times I’ve accidentally taped porn after recording a movie off of HBO, Showtime, Cinemax, etc. :mad:
I too found this out the hard way. We taped a show long ago and I happened to notice that the stop record function apparently had not worked as the tape had recorded over the entire tape? Curious(and foolishly believing perhaps something good may have been recorded) as to what else we recorded I hit the play button and on comes this totally nude woman (I am assuming a porn star) narrating some history of porn show or something showing of all things the most vile cartoons one could imagine.
 
Well apparently poor George just passed away so we should all just keep him in our prayers, that he reconciled with God before his passing. Once a Catholic hopefully he came back to his roots. May God have mercy on his soul.

RIP George Carlin.
 
From (on-line encyclopedia): Carlin was born in New York City, New York, the son of Mary (née Bearey), a secretary, and Patrick Carlin, a national advertising manager for the New York Sun. Carlin was of Irish descent and was raised in the Roman Catholic faith.
Merciful Lord, we pray that Mr. Carlin, a soul beloved by You and by many on earth, reflected on the faith of his youth and that his heart turned back to You for comfort. Look with love upon him, seeing his baptism and the other Sacraments he received. Out of Divine Love, Lord Jesus, judge him with infinite mercy and grant him and eternity of rest. We ask this through Your Heavenly, Holy, and Eternal name. Amen.
 
Well, he’s gone now, so I imagine prayers for his soul are in order.
 
He really denied God most of his life. I really feel bad for him.
 
Like so many have stated I found some of his stuff years ago to be somewhat amusing and then I just kind of forgot about him. When I happened to be flipping channels one night I found him on and watched out of curiousity. I saw no humor but rather a sad broken bitter old man, that was clearly the message I got. Quite tragic actually, was my first thoughts that someone could live whilst being that angry. Now that he is gone I hope he reconciled with God.
 
yeah, he’s miserable. But as of Sunday, he’s also dead. In his earler years before he started to get so profane, he was one of the funniest men alive. God rest his soul…Roanoker
 
Eternal rest to you, George, funny and angry man

May you now be able to still see humor yet forget your anger.
 
In an article on the Fox News website Mr. Carlin was quoted as saying:

“The whole problem with this idea of obscenity and indecency, and all of these things — bad language and whatever — it’s all caused by one basic thing, and that is: religious superstition,” Carlin told the AP in a 2004 interview. “There’s an idea that the human body is somehow evil and bad and there are parts of it that are especially evil and bad, and we should be ashamed. Fear, guilt and shame are built into the attitude toward sex and the body. … It’s reflected in these prohibitions and these taboos that we have.”

Right there we can see his misconception of what religion is all about, poor man. To me it says a lot about his formative years. I hope when Jesus came to him in that moment between earthly life and eternity that he saw how wrong he had been and allowed himself to be forgiven and loved. God rest his troubled soul.
 
Well now he is deceased but what ever gave any of us the right to judge whether he was miserable or not? That is really judging the heart again which we cannot and never should do. Only God has that authority.
 
I’ve often wondered, when seeing him in later years, how much of what he was saying he actually believed. As professed ‘King of Counter-culture’, & a gift for poking fun at many taboos, his anti-religion shtick kinda goes with the package. Many in the entertainment industry have their ‘public persona’ - its what gets them in headlines.

If this was real, only hope he made peace with his maker.
 
I sincerely hope Mr. Carlin made his peace with his maker. The above quote about profanity is indicative of wrong thinking. The words you couldn’t say on TV were not said for a purpose.

May he rest in peace O Lord and may perpetual light shine upon him.

God bless,
Ed
 
Actually right now I am thinking Mr. Carlin is happier than any of us. I can seeing him doing his routine for the Lord. :rotfl: How about that for an audience?
Kathy
 
He was more sophisticated and respectful in his jokes about the Catholic Church in some of his early routines. He became mean and nasty later on. I’ll try to post a link to some of those early routines that I don’t think were all that bad and showed some knowledge (a little bit) of Catholic theology. Too bad he never took the faith seriously.

George Carlin on Heaven, Hell, Purgatory, and Limbo (mp3)

George Carlin on Irish Catholic (mp3)

Phil P
How do we know what he took seriously or what he didn’t take seriously in his private life? All we know is his public persona which was constructed deliberately to make him a living. He was a performer, like many other performers and we really have no idea what of what he said were his true feelings and thoughts and what he was just doing to get laughs and $$.

I continue to try and hold out hope for everyone, since only God knows what is in anyone’s heart.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top