George Stephanopoulos' Wife Says She Watched Porn With Her 15 And 17 Year Old Daughters

  • Thread starter Thread starter gam197
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ll just leave the thread with the observation that it’s very obvious who didn’t actually listen to the primary source.
 
I’m not a parent so to some degree my (name removed by moderator)ut is probably worthless, but it would probably be better to teach a child that porn is bad. I think if you could sincerely teach a child that and why that is the case then that would be better than just trying to police their actions. I think a lot of parents just ignore it as an issue.
 
Two principles I learned from Wikipedia were at play for me here: one, always allow secondary sources to do the analysis, and prefer them over the primary sources. Two, Breitbart is not a reliable source. I should have chosen #2 over #1, because it appears that after an independent analysis of the primary source, Breitbart is shown to be spouting #fakenews yet again. Thanks to Roland for showing us how wrong we were about Ali.
 
Sincere thanks for listening to the primary audio.

I have no dog in the fight as far as Ali wentworth goes. I have no particular opinions either way. But I do think that characterizing what she said as “porn is cool, show it to your kids” borders on slander.
 
That needs to go along with it. I’m glad I raised my kids in an age where cell phones weren’t really a common thing. My sons have a much bigger challenge with my grandkids.
 
To be honest I don’t believe in blocking the devices and monitoring what they are watching. The decision should be up to them, what you need to give them are the tools to make their own informed decision and not take that dangerous path.
 
OK so this lady never actually showed pornography to her kids?

I think I was tricked by Breitbart. Ugh.

I shouldn’t have even responded as breitbart is just garbage.
 
Last edited:
I can remember watching Braveheart my dad when I was like 13 and awkwardly making up a reason to leave the room during the topless scene.

At 13, I very much wanted to see women without their shirts on, but definitely not with my dad sitting there.
 
I shouldn’t have even responded as breitbart is just garbage.
They are. Wikipedia made a rule that articles can’t be sourced from Breitbart because of that. Since then, Wikipedia has had a special place in Breitbart’s heart and a topic for many of Breitbart’s articles.
 
40.png
Feanor2:
I shouldn’t have even responded as breitbart is just garbage.
They are. Wikipedia made a rule that articles can’t be sourced from Breitbart because of that. Since then, Wikipedia has had a special place in Breitbart’s heart and a topic for many of Breitbart’s articles.
Some of these news sources are the only one even to be concerned by this. There are many liberal parents and watching porn is not a big deal. They see as education. Some feel the same way about drugs. That is why people like Chrissy Teigen spoke on New Years Eve when many families are waiting for ball to drop about her “v”,

I cannot tell you the number of parents I know who say when their daughters turn 13 they will put on the pill. These are the same parents who are not crazy about tattoos. Go figure.
 
Last edited:
I cannot tell you the number of parents I know who say when their daughters turn 13 they will put on the pill. T
That’s fairly normal (normal meaning commonly encountered). They don’t want to deal with their children having children. Whether conservative of liberal that is something that parents generally don’t want. Even those that are members of religious groups that have a doctrine make the personal decision to get birth control anyway. It isn’t uncommon for people to selectively make the decision to not conform to the doctrines of the religions they claim.
 
40.png
gam197:
I cannot tell you the number of parents I know who say when their daughters turn 13 they will put on the pill. T
That’s fairly normal (normal meaning commonly encountered). They don’t want to deal with their children having children. Whether conservative of liberal that is something that parents generally don’t want. Even those that are members of religious groups that have a doctrine make the personal decision to get birth control anyway. It isn’t uncommon for people to selectively make the decision to not conform to the doctrines of the religions they claim.
It is a sign of the liberal society and liberal parents who do not trust their children to make good decisions about anything. They themselves may watch porn, they may do drugs or have no problem with multiple partners so everything is fine with them.
 
do not trust their children to make good decisions about anything.
I would not conclude that there are no things for which they trust their children to make good decisions. Also, the practice of putting one’s daughter on birth control with the intent of preventing pregnancy is not specific to liberal parents. Whether or not there is agreement with the practice, the motivation can be understood. Data suggest that 55% of youth have had sex by age 18 (src, pdf). Rates of teenage practice have also been on a downward trend. The use of birth control methods is believed to be a significant factor, with the pill being the third most popular birth control method.

I tried to find data dividing liberal and non-liberal. The closest I can find is by religious affiliation. While white-evangelicals appeared to have the strongest view against pre-marrital sex in general there was an upward trend in premarital sex being considered okay across members of several religious groups.
Pew Research:
Even when it comes to Catholics who attend Mass weekly, just 13% say contraception is morally wrong, while 45% say it is morally acceptable and 42% say it is not a moral issue.
Src
 
Last edited:
I’m not a parent so to some degree my (name removed by moderator)ut is probably worthless,
We almost never agree, but your (name removed by moderator)ut is never worthless. Further, I reject the notion that one must have personal experience as something in order to have an opinion.
but it would probably be better to teach a child that porn is bad. I think if you could sincerely teach a child that and why that is the case then that would be better than just trying to police their actions. I think a lot of parents just ignore it as an issue.
I agree.
 
40.png
gam197:
do not trust their children to make good decisions about anything.
I would not conclude that there are no things for which they trust their children to make good decisions. Also, the practice of putting one’s daughter on birth control with the intent of preventing pregnancy is not specific to liberal parents. Whether or not there is agreement with the practice, the motivation can be understood. Data suggest that 55% of youth have had sex by age 18 (src, pdf). Rates of teenage practice have also been on a downward trend. The use of birth control methods is believed to be a significant factor, with the pill being the third most popular birth control method.
Maybe I should have said most things but often these are the most important things. Drug use, watching porn and birth control are very serious issues. This is a Catholic site so putting your daughter at age 13 on birth control is not something I would hope that most Catholic parents would not want to do. There are many deaths from blood clots because of the pill and the only reason that there are not more is that we have good emergency medical treatment.
I tried to find data dividing liberal and non-liberal. The closest I can find is by religious affiliation. While white-evangelicals appeared to have the strongest view against pre-marrital sex in general there was an upward trend in premarital sex being considered okay across members of several religious groups.
I am not a big fan of statistics. Evangelicals and Catholics both try to teach their children that sex is for married couples so hopefully it delays involvement. Many do marry and stay married.
Even when it comes to Catholics who attend Mass weekly, just 13% say contraception is morally wrong, while 45% say it is morally acceptable and 42% say it is not a moral issue.
Again this would be poor teaching of the faith, what is morally right and wrong and something to be addressed and frowned upon depending on how much truth there is in these figures. As far as statistics who knows what people are doing. Thiese figures can be debated.

This woman is chosing a different route and she is open about it but really misguided. She believes she is being a good parent but she is not.
 
Last edited:
This is a Catholic site so putting your daughter at age 13 on birth control is not something I would hope that most Catholic parents would not want to do.
I don’t know about that specific age, but it is a practice I’ve heard of for high school and college. Some of the parents that I’ve known to do it are Catholic.
There are many deaths from blood clots
For women on the pill the rate of those experiencing blood clots is 1:1,000. (src). Of those that develop a clot i see a source that about 1% die (src). The teenage pregnancy rate is 18.8:1,000 (src)
I am not a big fan of statistics.
In the absence of something better, stats may be useful.

Also, sometimes issues only count because someone counted them.
Evangelicals and Catholics both try to teach their children that sex is for married couples so hopefully it delays involvement.
Not that this is the same thing, but there tends to be a positive correlation between abstinence only education and pregnancy rate. One belief is that the reason for the difference is that those with comprehensive sex education are more likely to take preventative measures.
This woman is chosing a different route and she is open about it but really misguided. She believes she is being a good parent but she is not.
Right now we only have a hypothetical declaration of what she might do, not what she has done.
 
Last edited:
40.png
gam197:
There are many deaths from blood clots
For women on the pill the rate of those experiencing blood clots is 1:1,000. (src). Of those that develop a clot i see a source that about 1% die (src). The teenage pregnancy rate is 18.8:1,000 (src
Blood clots are a real issue. I am not sure how they find these statistics and even if the are accurate or if there is a lot of under reporting. There are a number of deaths and 1
% may sound small but these are healthy girls who would still be alive. Aso there are a lot of reproductive cancers. There have been no major studies on the effect of the pills on women’s bodies.
40.png
gam197:
Evangelicals and Catholics both try to teach their children that sex is for married couples so hopefully it delays involvement.
Not that this is the same thing, but there tends to be a positive correlation between abstinence only education and pregnancy rate. One belief is that the reason for the difference is that those with comprehensive sex education are more likely to take preventative measures.
It is not the same and we do not know the psychological effects. Pregnancy may seem like a terrible thing but promiscuous relationships are not healthy.
40.png
gam197:
This woman is chosing a different route and she is open about it but really misguided. She believes she is being a good parent but she is not.
Right now we only have a hypothetical declaration of what she might do, not what she has done
To even bring it up opens the door for many other parents who follow this woman and think she has it right. They will introduct porn to their children. Many parents do drugs with their children. They introduce them to the drugs. She gets a pass as if she said nothing wrong.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top