The fact that you need to ask reveals your spiritual condition. 1 John gives the tests and Paul said the following: “Test yourselves {to see} if you are in the faith; examine yourselves! Or do you not recognize this about yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you–unless indeed you fail the test?”
You have it correct about the “altar call” for sure; nothing like asking someone do you know your a sinner? Yes Do you want to go to heaven? No I’d rather be in hell, of course I want to be in heaven! Then say this prayer with me inviting the Lord into your heart. Did you pray in earnest? Yes. Well then welcome to the “family of God”; you are saved. Okay pastor go write down that we have another convert, this makes 15 this month alone. They have reduced people’s souls down to a number and of course God doesn’t work that way, but I’m sure there is an exception somewhere, but the altar call is a damning error in my opinion.
I won’t address you further misunderstanding of God concerning the relics, images, statues and earthly dead “saints”; since in the OT it is quite clear and Jesus summed it all up in two commandments and if you cannot see a problem with the worship, then you can’t see the problem.
I have no authority for there is but one Authority in heaven, on earth and under the earth and that is God alone. But I can and do understand what God has taught me through the preaching and teaching of His word. I always suggest to people such as yourself to begin reading Romans 3 beginning in verse 9 so you can see how totally depraved people are before a Holy, Just and Good God and the second half how a true believer is saved by God’s grace alone, through faith alone, by Jesus Christ alone for His glory alone. Anything else is another gospel and is man-centered, not God centered. This is what separates true Christianity from all other religions in the world.
I would be less concerned about what other people are saying and comparing yourself to other people and start comparing yourself to Scripture and Romans 3 in particular or proverbs 6 is another good example about how rebellious and hostile toward God that man is by his very nature and unless God grants faith and repentance, then no one would ever chose God, no not even one.