Gov. seeks to 'clarify' Indiana 'religious freedom' law

  • Thread starter Thread starter EmperorNapoleon
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A guy goes into to muslim owned bakeries asking them to make him and his “husband” a gay wedding cake and guess what happens…

louderwithcrowder.com/hidden-camera-gay-wedding-cake-at-muslim-bakery/

Somehow I don’t think the gay/left wing mafia will go after the muslim businesses with quite the same zeal (or any zeal) as they go after Christian businesses. Amazing considering what happens to gays in muslim countries.

Ishii
Why has there been no response to this post from pro-gay “marriage” folks?
 
Most likely it would. But it certainly didn’t during the civil rights era with regard to segregation. I’m not always so trusting of the free market as you are.
It didn’t really have a chance to. The government stepped in and told businesses what they were going to do whether businesses wanted to segregate or not. 🤷
 
It didn’t really have a chance to. The government stepped in and told businesses what they were going to do whether businesses wanted to segregate or not. 🤷
Maybe if they had given it another 100 years…
 
Maybe if they had given it another 100 years…
That would have been a whole lot better than forcing every business to segregate.

EDIT - 😊 Sorry read the previous comment wrong. I read it as prior to the civil rights era.
 
A guy goes into to muslim owned bakeries asking them to make him and his “husband” a gay wedding cake and guess what happens…

louderwithcrowder.com/hidden-camera-gay-wedding-cake-at-muslim-bakery/

Somehow I don’t think the gay/left wing mafia will go after the muslim businesses with quite the same zeal (or any zeal) as they go after Christian businesses. Amazing considering what happens to gays in muslim countries.

Ishii
Why has there been no response to this post from pro-gay “marriage” folks?
Because they have no answer, obviously.

Ishii
 
A question to estesbob: do you know any gay people? Have you asked them when did they knew they knew they were attracted to the same sex. By the way, when did you know you were attracted to oppose sex,?
 
A question to estesbob: do you know any gay people? Have you asked them when did they knew they knew they were attracted to the same sex. By the way, when did you know you were attracted to oppose sex,?
What does that have to do with this thread, and religious freedom, which is now being threatened?

Ishii
 
What does that have to do with this thread, and religious freedom, which is now being threatened?

Ishii
I was thinking along the the lines of walking in another one’s shoes. At what point in your life did you realize you were heterosexual? I realized it at the age of 8.
 
I was thinking along the the lines of walking in another one’s shoes. At what point in your life did you realize you were heterosexual? I realized it at the age of 8.
Oh okay. Yes - we need to consider what other people are going through absolutely. That is why I don’t judge them individually or judge them as sinners, etc. But I do judge the actions of those who would curtail religious freedom in favor of a gay person who wants to make a statement about his sexuality by ordering a wedding cake from a Christian bakery which does not believe in gay marriage. We need to walk in the shoes of the Christian baker too, right?

Ishii
 
Good point. Most people engage in behaviors that the Catholic church considers as grave as homosexuality. Busting your BMI to satisfy your appetite is just one of them. Self gratification and satisfying your male spouse without the baby making maneuvers are just as grave sins as homosexuality according to the Cathecism. And those sins are very very common among Catholics and the US population in general. If you wanted to deny services to people based on the sinfulness of their sex lives, you’d end up denying services to most of your customer base. If you choose which grave sin is okay and which is not, then it’s really not about your religion, is it? It’s about using your religion to discriminate.
Thank you so much for understanding my point.
 
What bothers me is SSM seems to be the main “sin” being objected to. Yet gluttony is one of the 7 deadly sins. So is pride, extreme greed, lust, anger, etc. These and lots of other things besides SSM are considered sins by the Catholic Church and other faiths which have a conservative bend to them. So if you’re going to go by your religious beliefs, you should also refuse for instance to bake a cake for a heterosexual couple’s wedding where one or both are overweight or obese and refuse to do so for all other sinners.
You are failing to understand one point: the practicing homosexual says, “embrace my sin and if you don’t, I will sue you.”

Do you see how this is different from those who struggle with those other sins?

Ishii
 
All this whole thread and topic does for me is to simply make me think of a Catholic bride-to-be, planning a gigantic wedding reception. She’s needs this huge cake and wearing a crucifix she walks into a bakery known to have by far the absolutely most delicious, moist, and beautifully decorated wedding cakes within miles around. But unbeknownst to her, the bakery owner is an atheist or member of a faith disagreeing with Catholicism…
 
You are failing to understand one point: the practicing homosexual says, “embrace my sin and if you don’t, I will sue you.”

Do you see how this is different from those who struggle with those other sins?

Ishii
I do understand your point. However, I think the gay couple (not all, of course) are saying “embrace my love for my partner, or I will sue you.” They don’t think of their love as sinful. In the eyes of the Christian baker, it is, however, and therein lies the dispute.

One might even add that the gay couple is saying “don’t impose your moral values on mine,” although the couple is doing exactly that on those of the Christian baker.
 
All this whole thread and topic does for me is to simply make me think of a Catholic bride-to-be, planning a gigantic wedding reception. She’s needs this huge cake and wearing a crucifix she walks into a bakery known to have by far the absolutely most delicious, moist, and beautifully decorated wedding cakes within miles around. But unbeknownst to her, the bakery owner is an atheist or member of a faith disagreeing with Catholicism…
Did the Christian baker object to selling the cake without any inscription on top? I suppose it might come to what you describe, and that would, in my view, not only be discriminatory but also make bad business sense with regard to (wedding) cakes.
 
Why has there been no response to this post from pro-gay “marriage” folks?
Why is this so amazing, given what happens to gays in Muslim countries? They wouldn’t dare protest. Also, perhaps many of the gay protesters are former or current Christians themselves rather than Muslims, so they better understand the features of the religion and culture with which they are in disagreement.
 
All this whole thread and topic does for me is to simply make me think of a Catholic bride-to-be, planning a gigantic wedding reception. She’s needs this huge cake and wearing a crucifix she walks into a bakery known to have by far the absolutely most delicious, moist, and beautifully decorated wedding cakes within miles around. But unbeknownst to her, the bakery owner is an atheist or member of a faith disagreeing with Catholicism…
And? There is no cake so good that normal people would try to force someone who doesn’t want their business to take it. Especially when it comes to food. For one, who knows what is going to end up in the cake. I’ve heard some pretty bad horror stories of cooks doing nasty stuff to food of customers they don’t like. How can you be sure that yellow cake didn’t start out as white cake? Secondly, why would anyone want to make someone they think is a jerk richer? It makes no sense at all why anyone would want to support a business who doesn’t want their business.
 
All this whole thread and topic does for me is to simply make me think of a Catholic bride-to-be, planning a gigantic wedding reception. She’s needs this huge cake and wearing a crucifix she walks into a bakery known to have by far the absolutely most delicious, moist, and beautifully decorated wedding cakes within miles around. But unbeknownst to her, the bakery owner is an atheist or member of a faith disagreeing with Catholicism…
…who doesn’t know she’s Catholic because she doesn’t say, “make me a Catholic wedding cake, or else I’ll sue you.”

And if the bakery owner doesn’t bake her a cake, she goes to another bakery who will. Free-market!

Ishii
 
You are failing to understand one point: the practicing homosexual says, “embrace my sin and if you don’t, I will sue you.”

Do you see how this is different from those who struggle with those other sins?

Ishii
I think that’s a rather unfair generalization you’re making.

I am now retired, but continue to volunteer my time with various organizations and recently had the opportunity to meet with members of a gay Christian organization. At the last meeting I attended, this was a big topic of discussion because many of the members who live in states where it has become legal have since married, and sought out the usual wedding service providers for their events.

And of the many couples I heard from, most of them had no problems when seeking out these services. I would say about 1 in 3 to 1 in 4 couples did run into issues with at least one business refusing service for same sex weddings. But what I was very happy and encouraged to hear is that even among those couples who were turned away, the interaction with the business still went extremely well. In the vast majority of cases, I was told the business owners were extremely polite and respectful in explaining their position and most often provided referrals to other bakeries, flower shops, etc., and the gay couple thanked them for their recommendations and left on friendly terms with all parties feeling respected. Of course there were a few horror stories here and there, but even of those, none ended up in litigation.

The only complaint that I did hear from gay couples was about the difficulty of finding out if a business was open to providing services for same sex weddings. Apparently, even over the phone, it was quite often difficult to get an answer. I think many businesses were afraid of ending up on some kind of list.

Personally, I find it disheartening that we never hear about these interactions when things go well. We only hear the horror stories where these cases have ended up in the courts. But, I think even just looking at the math, when you consider that of the tens of thousands of same sex weddings that have taken place recently, only a handful of them have ended up before the courts. There was nothing scientific of course about my survey of these gay couples, but I suspect that more often than not in these situations, both parties treat each other in a respectful manner and are able to work things out amicably. Of course that’s not a story you’re ever going to hear in the main stream press.

I realize this is an emotionally charged issue, but I really encourage people on both sides to not give in to this extremist rhetoric that demonizes those on the other side of the issue. We can and should do better than that.
 
I realize this is an emotionally charged issue, but I really encourage people on both sides to not give in to this extremist rhetoric that demonizes those on the other side of the issue. We can and should do better than that.
👍
 
A question to estesbob: do you know any gay people? Have you asked them when did they knew they knew they were attracted to the same sex. By the way, when did you know you were attracted to oppose sex,?
One of my daughter’s is in a committed relationship with another woman ,Is that close enough for your? I love them both very much.

The origins of SSA is irrelevant .The behavior is the problem.

As an example I don’t know what the origins of my alcoholism is. I just know that I cannot handle alcohol like a normal person can. The fact that I am an alcoholic does not give me a license to get drunk.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top