Great Bush Speech

  • Thread starter Thread starter gilliam
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
40.png
HagiaSophia:
Oh puleeze spare us the pseudo duperior intellect thoughts in your attempt to hijack the thread.
Gee, that was nice.
 
40.png
HagiaSophia:
Oh puleeze spare us the pseudo duperior intellect thoughts in your attempt to hijack the thread.
LOL :whacky: !!!
I find it amusing that you guys feel this way …I was not attempting to hijack the thread…was commenting on the topic…just because I dont agree with your point of view…you dont like it…oh well this is AMERICA, I dont have to agree with a goverment or its people …it is wonderful what rights I have…and not just because of our military either! TTYL!👋
It also seems that if you dont like the way this thread is going you should not feed into an idea you dont like…you are allkowing this thread to go in the direction you dont want it to…not me!
 
40.png
grotto:
Karen - I might stumble around sometimes but I never blindly follow! I think I’ve made it around the block once or twice and can usually spot a double talking phony given a good look at em. President Bush is a genuinely good person. Sure not everybody is going to agree on all things but one should not be contemptuous of a real leader who is doing his best (which is much above average I might say).

Being the President of the United States deserves respect. Former presidents have been cold liars to protect their personal agendas. This President has done none of that.
Employing the power of the U.S. to defend and protect is a pretty big deal. I doubt that you have the knowledge to make such a judgement call regarding the Iraq war (you may think you do) but until the rest of the country wants to vote you in, smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/1/1_4_34.gif
I’ll give my respect and appreciation to the Pres and we’ll watch the trial on TV!
The President deserves respect…PLEASE you need to earn my respect…and BUSh has not done that. Once again that is **MY **opinion and it does not have to agree with yours…this is **America **or am I mistaken??
 
40.png
Karin:
The President deserves respect…PLEASE you need to earn my respect…and BUSh has not done that. Once again that is **MY **opinion and it does not have to agree with yours…this is **America **or am I mistaken??
We have a right to any opinion we wish to have in the US, as long as we don’t violate any laws (you can’t advocate the overthow of the government for example). That doesn’t in any way mean that our opinions are more important than anyone elses, are more appropriate, are justified or are moral.

By the way, in the US, giving aid and comfort to the enemy is treason.
 
40.png
gilliam:
We have a right to any opinion we wish to have in the US, as long as we don’t violate any laws (you can’t advocate the overthow of the government for example). That doesn’t in any way mean that our opinions are more important than anyone elses, are more appropriate, are justified or are moral.

By the way, in the US, giving aid and comfort to the enemy is treason.
And what enemy might I be giving aid and comfort to??? If the enemy is the people that do not agree with the goverment, then I guess there will be many people in jail. And as far as I can see GILLIAM I have not violated any laws in speaking about how I feel about the goverment or BUSH.
TTYL!
 
40.png
Karin:
And what enemy might I be giving aid and comfort to??? If the enemy is the people that do not agree with the goverment, then I guess there will be many people in jail. And as far as I can see GILLIAM I have not violated any laws in speaking about how I feel about the goverment or BUSH.
TTYL!
Not saying you are. Just saying that if someone were to give aid and comfort to the terrorists who are attacking Americans, say politically, or propaganda wise, they would be in technical breach of the Constitution of the United States. Their behavior would be treasonous. See the Constitution of the United States (article III).

The fact that many or only a few break this law really doesn’t make any difference.
 
40.png
gilliam:
Not saying you are. Just saying that if someone were to give aid and comfort to the terrorists who are attacking Americans, say politically, or propaganda wise, they would be in technical breach of the Constitution of the United States. Their behavior would be treasonous. See the Constitution of the United States.
Ahh…thank you for pointing that out to me. (Good thing I am not supporting or giving aid to terrorists, just expressing my freedom of speech) I am very well versed in the Constitution of the US , thank you though for suggesting that I read it.
 
40.png
Karin:
Ahh…thank you for pointing that out to me. (Good thing I am not supporting or giving aid to terrorists, just expressing my freedom of speech) I am very well versed in the Constitution of the US , thank you though for suggesting that I read it.
Not saying you don’t know the Constitution, just making a point about the limitation our freedom of speech rights. None of us have a right to give aid and comfort to the enemy, even if we think we might have that right under the First Amendment. We all have to use self control in these matters.

“Loose lips sink ships” they use to say in WWII. Today what some people say is used frequently by the enemy to recruit (as the article I posted on another thread shows).
 
40.png
gilliam:
Not saying you don’t know the Constitution, just making a point about the limitation our freedom of speech rights. None of us have a right to give aid and comfort to the enemy, even if we think we might have that right under the First Amendment. We all have to use self control in these matters.

“Loose lips sink ships” they use to say in WWII. Today what some people say is used frequently by the enemy to recruit (as the article I posted on another thread shows).
I read the article that you added to your post…interesting to say the least. But heck, just as they protested and voiced their opinion during Vietnam…which is what the war in Iraq is in my eyes…I will and so will others protest and voice our opinons on what we feel about this goverment and its so called leaders.
So just a question… before anyone else gets their pants in a knot would you like to go back to the original topic of this thread(the BUSh speech)???
 
40.png
Karin:
I read the article that you added to your post…interesting to say the least. But heck, just as they protested and voiced their opinion during Vietnam…which is what the war in Iraq is in my eyes…I will and so will others protest and voice our opinons on what we feel about this goverment and its so called leaders.
So just a question… before anyone else gets their pants in a knot would you like to go back to the original topic of this thread(the BUSh speech)???
Just be careful… people are dying out there because of what people are saying. Catholics especially should be very careful in what they say. We are now guests of Iraq and there are other ways to help that would be much more beneficial to the effort. Afghanistan, for example really needs a lot of aid.

We have moved beyong Bush vs Gore.
 
40.png
gilliam:
Just be careful… people are dying out there because of what people are saying. Catholics especially should be very careful in what they say. We are now guests of Iraq and there are other ways to help that would be much more beneficial to the effort. Afghanistan, for example really needs a lot of aid.

We have moved beyong Bush vs Gore.
I disagree in the ascpect that people are not dying because of what is being said, people are dying because of this goverments need to push their ideals and views on everyone else.
Everything else you wrote…**YUP!!! YOU HIT IT ON THE HEAD…WE ARE GUESTS IN ALL COUNTRIES THAT WE INVADE AND YES WE CAN & SHOULD GIVE MORE AID TO THESE PLACES/PEOPLE THAT REALLY NEED IT. **
 
40.png
Karin:
Also in reply to GROTTO: Celia you hit it right on the head… Just because “most " people are willing to blindly follow Bush’s policies does not make him right…
GROTTO-no my blood pressure has not skyrocketed…I just find it funny 😃 that americans are so naive to believe everything that their goverment tells them and naive enough for them to believe that everything that their goverment does is correct/right etc.
As to the speach that Bush gave…hey if he can misguide the youth of today into possibly giving up their lives for a 'farce” then more power ot him…as to the men and woman that serve this country in the military…**THANK YOU:clapping: **, what you do takes much courage and we are all proud of you, some of us are just not proud of the goverment that leads you.
A couple questions, just so I know how to approach this:
  1. Why do we have a military?
  2. Is there anything worth fighting for?
  3. Do you think the Civil War was really about freeing the slaves?
  4. Did thousands of brave men die for “Lincoln’s illegal war?” (states have a right to secede from the Union)
  5. Was Lincoln a liar?
Just curious…
 
40.png
Karin:
I disagree in the ascpect that people are not dying because of what is being said, people are dying because of this goverments need to push their ideals and views on everyone else.
Everything else you wrote…**YUP!!! YOU HIT IT ON THE HEAD…WE ARE GUESTS IN ALL COUNTRIES THAT WE INVADE AND YES WE CAN & SHOULD GIVE MORE AID TO THESE PLACES/PEOPLE THAT REALLY NEED IT. **
We are there now. Just about everyone who is not in favor of the terrorists want us to stay. That is because they know if we leave there will be chaos, and hundreds of thousands (maybe millions) more will die. al-Qaeda will have access to billions of dollars of oil money and the entire Western Civilization (not to mention Christendom) will be at risk. Not a very pretty prospect. Don’t you think?
 
*In New York, Iraqi Foreign Minister Hoshyar Zebari said U.S.-led forces must remain in Iraq until the country’s own soldiers and police can take responsibility for securing the nation amid its continuing insurgency. *

*Zebari told the United Nations Security Council on Tuesday that he was “concerned” about U.S.-led forces leaving before Iraqi security forces were ready to protect this country from insurgents. *

“I’m a realist, OK, and we’ve seen that before. We need to complete this mission with their help,” Zebari told The Associated Press in New York late Tuesday. “We are getting very close. The riding is getting tougher.”

For the full story

Key Iraqi Militants Nabbed
 
40.png
Karin:
LOL!
Bush convinced a majority of Americans that Iraq was involved with Al-Qaeda and responsible for the 9/11 attacks. Yet the evidence says that the only relationship is that Al-Qaeda asked Iraq for support and they were rebuffed. Bush said in his State of the Union Address that Iraq was buying Uranium from Nigeria to build nuclear weapons despite having already been told by the CIA that the evidence was forged. Bush claimed to have hard evidence that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction. But the UN investigators could not verify any of these claims and searches of Iraq revealed no such weapons. The real reason may have more to do with the fact that Iraq has the second largest oil reserves in the world, and sits strategically in the center of the Middle East.
The saddest part of this propaganda is that one only has to want to find the information to read the truth – there are links between Iraq and terrorism, specifically AQ – if you are willing to see them – don’t think the press is going to advertise them tho – that’s not the way the wind is blowing – there was a great article citing links between them in Christian Science Monitor…but you’d have to be willing to look – and no, I don’t have it at my fingertips now - but I found it as my husband left the door with his gas mask and anthrax shot in Feb of 2003, on the advance team
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top