J
jtwp5
Guest
I’ve noticed a pattern. Every time I fall, I tend to go off the deep end. I stop praying, stop going to mass, adoration, etc. I think “I screwed up, what’s the point?”. I feel so unwanted, “Church is for holy people, I definitely can’t go in the state I’m in”. I push everyone away and I recoil. I think I keep trying to earn God’s love, and if that can’t be earned, then… Idk, I think I’ve realized this before, but it never sunk in. All my life it seems like I always tried to follow the rules, to please. Whenever I mess up, I just get in this terrible state with so much self-hatred. I remember as a child I would just freeze up and cry. How do I stop doing this??? There’s been so much fear these last few days, so intense and immobilizing at times. I felt like I’ve been losing my mind and I think “See what religion does to you, makes you hate yourself. Why follow a religion where if you screw up you’re a terrible person who’s condemned to hell?” Isn’t that true though? It seems like what keeps me from not sinning is the fear of self-hatred from myself and the feelings of being unloved/unwanted if I were to do those things. Seems like I’ve been in a constant state of fear of being in relationship with others because I fear I may hurt them. If I stay away and don’t get close to anyone then I can’t hurt anybody. But if I do that then I’m left alone and isolated and that drives me insane. Priest told me “Hate the sin, not the sinner”, and I seem unable to separate that. “If I did something bad, then I must be bad”, I guess that’s my mind’s logic. I felt like I’ve been losing my mind. Part of me is like “Well, if you didn’t fall you wouldn’t have gone through this”, and that makes me feel more fear from messing up again.
Am I making sense or am I crazy? Anyone else going through or gone through something similar? How do I get out of this?
Am I making sense or am I crazy? Anyone else going through or gone through something similar? How do I get out of this?