P
PatriceA
Guest
BUT, as a Steelers fan, at least you can say they don’t buy into having to have cheerleaders. At least as you know the organization is Catholic and a strong family organization, one of the last in the NFL.If you’re trying to convince me that watching football is fun, you don’t need to. As I said, I’ve been rooting for the Steelers my whole life. I haven’t decided to be done with the NFL because it isn’t fun. It is fun. I just don’t think it’s right.
Even if you or I don’t watch the Cheerleaders, although you are bound to see them at least somewhat, we are PAYING for them to be doing what they’re doing by supporting the league either by buying tickets or watching on TV. Immodesty is a huge problem across our culture. It’s not limited to the NFL, but the NFL is a part of it.
Competition, sportsmanship, empathy are all GREAT things to teach kids. Can you pick that up to some degree by watching an NFL game? Well you can FEEL competitive. However, to truly LEARN about those things, I think actually PLAYING sports yourself is far better.
Pax