Help for depression and marriage

  • Thread starter Thread starter StRoch
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you to everyone for their thoughts and prayers.

Could you please keep me in your prayers today, it’s been a rough past couple of days.

thank you
 
Thank you to everyone for their thoughts and prayers.

Could you please keep me in your prayers today, it’s been a rough past couple of days.

thank you
You will certainly remain in my thoughts and prayers. Stay strong and stay close to Christ and His Mother.
 
You are in my prayers. 🙂

And thank you for starting this thread. It has turned up a lot of useful information.
 
hello, thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. I’ve been seeing a psychologist and psychiatrist for the past 2 weeks and start anti-depressants this week so wish me luck and hopefully things will get better. Hopefully I’ll be a stronger person after this and have a stronger marriage as well. And a better spiritual life! I would like to be able to look back 20 or so years form now and be proud that we were able to get through this. I really hope so. It’s just kinda scary now. Please keep me in your prayers.
thank you
:o
 
hello, thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. I’ve been seeing a psychologist and psychiatrist for the past 2 weeks and start anti-depressants this week so wish me luck and hopefully things will get better. Hopefully I’ll be a stronger person after this and have a stronger marriage as well. And a better spiritual life! I would like to be able to look back 20 or so years form now and be proud that we were able to get through this. I really hope so. It’s just kinda scary now. Please keep me in your prayers.
thank you
:o
I will continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers…
I know it’s a *very *tough road, but it’s a road well worth traveling…

God bless you and keep you!!! Do not be afraid. 🙂
 
Cover the medical bases per the suggestions mentioned in the previous posts.

On the spiritual side, I suggest watching this video - ‘Message of Hope’ :link = familyland.be/en/message-of-hope.html it’s free to watch- abt 30min.

A working solution for true happiness for your family is presented there. It will transform your family, I pray, as it has mine.👍
 
What a wonderful, caring CAF community! 👍

Good work StRoch! Good work and info everyone! Never got here to post but would have said all the same things! Hang in there StRoch. It gets better.
 
thank you to all who have prayed for me and my situation. I really appreciate it. I would ask that you please pray once again, I am having a rough morning. I’ve been taking anti-depressant meds for a little while now and have had some side effects which my doctor says are normal at first and should taper off. but this morning i woke up at 4am and felt really, nervous and anxious and still do. I keep coming back to the idea that the only way I’m going to fix this is to seperate from my wife and be by myself. I hate coming back to that idea and it really upsets me, but part of me thinks thats the only way.

I’ve been praying and praying and praying for help and I seem to get better one day and then the next I get stuck again. I’m trying to stay positive and fight through this and be patient but it’s really tough. My wife is praying really hard and encouraging me to keep it up you will get better we will get through this. She’s been great, I don’t know how I would do in her shoes. I want to be happy and this to work out.

Please pray for me.
 
Praying for you and your wife…

Have you considered saying a novena together?..
May I suggest one to St. Jude - for “desperate situations and hopeless causes”…

ewtn.com/Devotionals/novena/jude.htm

Take one day at a time - leaving your wife is not the answer…
Praying TOGETHER and listening to your doctor is…

May the Lord bless you and keep you! 🙂
 
thank you for your prayers Em, I really appreciate it. yes we have done some novenas, together, we haven’t done St. Jude so maybe I’ll try that one. We’ve done Padre Pio, St. Gertrude, and St. Faustina. I will print out the St. Juse one, thank you. My mother-in law has been praying for us everyday as well and has been saying a chaplet as well. thanks again, I’m trying to stay positive and patient.
 
Just sharing my favorite scripture that I turned to often during my depression/anxiety…

Jeremiah 29:11-14
For I know well the plans I have in mind for you, says the LORD, plans for your welfare, not for woe! plans to give you a future full of hope.
When you call me, when you go to pray to me, I will listen to you.
When you look for me, you will find me. Yes, when you seek me with all your heart,
you will find me with you, says the LORD, and I will change your lot;
So true! I battle depression as well and have a rough marriage at the moment. There have been many nights I’d pray the Rosary in tears calling upon God and the intercession of Mary. No matter how heart broken I felt - I was always consoled by the end of the prayer. Keep praying 🙂
 
thank you to all who have prayed for me and my situation. I really appreciate it. I would ask that you please pray once again, I am having a rough morning. I’ve been taking anti-depressant meds for a little while now and have had some side effects which my doctor says are normal at first and should taper off. but this morning i woke up at 4am and felt really, nervous and anxious and still do. I keep coming back to the idea that the only way I’m going to fix this is to seperate from my wife and be by myself. I hate coming back to that idea and it really upsets me, but part of me thinks thats the only way.

I’ve been praying and praying and praying for help and I seem to get better one day and then the next I get stuck again. I’m trying to stay positive and fight through this and be patient but it’s really tough. My wife is praying really hard and encouraging me to keep it up you will get better we will get through this. She’s been great, I don’t know how I would do in her shoes. I want to be happy and this to work out.

Please pray for me.
Good Morning St. Roch!
How are you doing this morning?
If the side effects are keeping you from a good night’s sleep often, go back to the doc again. A depressed person on the mend needs adequate sleep!! Hopefully, he told you how long you are supposed to hang in there.
Hang in there. Some people can go through two or three different antidepressants before one works well; so if this one does…terrific. But if it doesn’t and doc ends up wanting to switch, you join a very large group so don’t worry about it.
When your mind wants you to separate from your wife, go grocery shopping, to the gym, pay bills, cook… in other words, DO something that will get you out of your head.
Hope counseling is going well.
Blessings.
 
yes i am still working, i worked yesterday but went in late, and today i’m going to go in late too.

Bailey, I didn’t sleep well at all last night. i was really nervous, even when i got myself to relax it came back. i also had a real bad medicine head type feeling for a couple days plus no appetite. i called my doctor this morning and he says it sounds like i’m really sensitive to the lexapro im taking. he also has me taking lamictal, he said to keep up with that but drop the lexapro. first i started the lamictal about 3 weeks ago and he added the lexapro about a week ago. so hopefully that does the trick.

Jengl i’m sorry you are going through a rough patch as well. i will say a prayer for you as well.

thank you and God bless.
 
Well I think you are doing great in the circumstances. You were able to get yourself help and you are still working. It might not feel that way but it is good that at least you have some structure right now and you are leaving the house and getting to work.

It usually takes a combination of therapies to help depression for example anti-depressants and talk-therapy. It is also very common to have those side effects regarding medication: headaches and anxious night time wakings. These things should subside and if not talk to your doctor. Obviously he has taken you off one of the meds.

Why do you think leaving your wife would help?

Common symptoms of depression are compulsive/obsessive or anxious thought patterns which focus on blame, guilt or paranoia. You may constantly replay past events in your mind or think about something a lot in a way that increases your depression. If you wake up a night with these kind of thoughts you can link them with your illness.

It can be helpful to think of depression and anxiety as mood-disorders. Often the labels of an illness can prevent people from getting help. By seeing them as moods that are disordered and not appropriate or lasting too long it is easier to see that you are looking to gain an “ordered” mood, a mood appropriate to your experience. That’s why strict schedules regarding sleeping and eating can help depression somewhat.

Stick with all the help you are getting. It took a while to get to the point where you are now and it will take a while to get to where you want to be, but by facing in the right direction and accepting all the help that is available you should see improvement soon. My family are praying for you. If you feel very anxious write your thoughts down as this usually helps them to stop or a least helps you get a better perspective as they are “outside” your mind.

We care about you and you can always come here and talk to us. God bless you St.Roch.
 
Common symptoms of depression are compulsive/obsessive or anxious thought patterns which focus on blame, guilt or paranoia. You may constantly replay past events in your mind or think about something a lot in a way that increases your depression. If you wake up a night with these kind of thoughts you can link them with your illness.
Thank you Kindness that was a very nice post, I really appreciate it. And that you for praying for me as well. You hit the nail right on the head on the above quote. I keep replaying the same negative thoughts over and over in my head and kind of justify them by thinking, “well if they weren’t true then I wouldn’t still be thinking about them”. I will try to remind myself that it’s the illness speaking. Thank you again for your kind words and for your family praying for me.
God bless.
:o
 
well I finally got some sleep last night, I still woke up several times and had an upset stomach for a little bit, but I managed to get to sleep and stay asleep for longer periods of time than in the past few nights so that’s good. i went to sleep feeling pretty good and a lot better than i did the past few days so that’s good too.

but i still have to stop over thinking things and worrying when I feeling good that’s it’s only temporary and that I’m going to feel bad again soon. and that it’s the pills that i’m taking that are making me feel good instead of really feeling good. i woke up a little down and kinda depressed so that wasn’t fun but I prayed and I’m fighting through it and try to keep a positive mind.

i still have these thoughts about the meds that i shouldn’t be having to take these, that i should be fine on my own and that there’s something wrong if i do have to take them to make me feel good. kinda like an artificial happiness. but i’m hoping i can work through all this and get better and stay better for a long period of time and not have to worry about these things so often.

thanks again to everyone for all their love, support and prayers. this forum has really been a help.
:o
 
So glad you got some sleep!
It takes at least 6 weeks for meds to work well so yes, you won’t feel up to par yet. And yes, meds were inspired by the grace of God in the scientists who created them (as also with scientists created electricity, dialysis, pace-makers, blood thinners, and insulin).
 
thanks again to everyone for all their love, support and prayers. this forum has really been a help.
:o
Just checking on you this afternoon and hoping you continue to get better sleep and slowly heal over time… these medications can take several weeks before they are fully effective.

Like Bailey2 was saying… our bodies aren’t always perfect in this world. Some people require lots of medical interventions to live functional lives… but that doesn’t mean their lives are “artificial”, right? 🤷 😉

Peace and joy be with you! 🙂
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top