Help! I'm trapped in the Twilight Zone! PA says "respect choice."

• Thread starter Thread starter tcaseyrochester
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
40.png
SPOKENWORD:
Peter is not the key,Jesus is. . GOD BLESS.
Peter is the foundation of the Church in Matt.16. Jesus is the builder, Matt. 16:18. A builder does not build a building upon himself. He lays a foundation, then builds upon it.

Jesus does give the power to bind and loose to all APOSTLES with Peter in Matt. 18:18, only PETER was given the “keys”. These events didn’t happen in a vacuum, read Is. 22:15-22. There was no NT when Jesus was making his pronouncements, as a faithful Jew he would have referred to events his audience, in this case, the apostles, would understand, the OT. The “key holder” in this passage was the prime minister, holding the keys under the King.

Is it a coincidence? Or shall we believe that the King of Kings knew what he was doing, in perfect knowledge of Is. 22, when giving the keys to Peter?

I hope this helps!!

“…and we “usually” achieve change through disobedience of Rome.”

Hogwash! Nothing but absolute hogwash! I’d say, change your parish but keep fighting against these abuses. Why stick around and support (spiritually and financially) dissenters? You don’t have to hate them or be mean to them but you can quit supporting them.

Is there any way to draft a charitable (but direct, no wishy-washy stuff) letter to your pastor and PA about the abuses and have it signed by others in your Parish? You could also send a copy of it to your Bishop. Even if nothing happens, you’ve done your part.

I say, get out of there! You have no obligation to force yourself to endure heresy.

40.png
goat:
I suppose this is a dumb question, but just what exactly is a “Pastoral Associate?” Is that kind of like a priestess-lite?
:hmmm:
Hmmm, now you are pouring salt on one of my other wounds…

The one we had prior to her was essentially the business manager of the parish to offload the sole priest assigned to the parish. She (the current one) is a former nun, now married. She sits to the left of the priest at mass wearing an alb. She says the homily every other week. She sets the altar prior to the consecration. She provides spiritual counselling to parishioners. She disbanded the Liturgy Committee and now has authority over the decorations of the church and composition of the prayers of the faithful. She once added a prayer of the Faithful (from the altar!) that blessed a woman being ordained that day as a “Priest” in a local break-away apostacy called “Spiritus Christi”. She has changed the words of all of our music, psalms and even the Gloria to eliminate any usage of male pronouns (e.g. "Glory to God in the Highest and peace to God’s people on Earth.) She sometimes changes words of readings or substitutes unapproved, but politically correct, “translations” that are not approved by the USCCB. She would not allow a banner to be hung that was made by a parishioner for Ash Wednesday because it said “Remember** Man** that thou art dust…” And, at the end of mass, she throws a few zingers at the priest, supposedly in jest, that I often find disrespectful and irreverent, but he apparently does not.

And now, refers in the newsletter to abortion as a “choice.”

40.png
Jennifer123:
Peter is the foundation of the Church in Matt.16. Jesus is the builder, Matt. 16:18. A builder does not build a building upon himself. He lays a foundation, then builds upon it.

Jesus does give the power to bind and loose to all APOSTLES with Peter in Matt. 18:18, only PETER was given the “keys”. These events didn’t happen in a vacuum, read Is. 22:15-22. There was no NT when Jesus was making his pronouncements, as a faithful Jew he would have referred to events his audience, in this case, the apostles, would understand, the OT. The “key holder” in this passage was the prime minister, holding the keys under the King.

Is it a coincidence? Or shall we believe that the King of Kings knew what he was doing, in perfect knowledge of Is. 22, when giving the keys to Peter?

I hope this helps!!
JENNIFER. Do you believe Peter is the foundation? I disagree with you. Jesus is the foundation. You cannot build the church without Jesus as the foundation. Of course Is.22 is only your interpretation of the keys. If that was the case then Jesus would have given Peter one key not many keys. In Is 22v 22 you notice it is one key. Thats not the case in matt.16vs19.[keys] Today as christians we have that same power the appostles had, to bind and loose satan in Jesus name. 👍

40.png
SPOKENWORD:
JENNIFER. Do you believe Peter is the foundation? I disagree with you. Jesus is the foundation. You cannot build the church without Jesus as the foundation. Of course Is.22 is only your interpretation of the keys. If that was the case then Jesus would have given Peter one key not many keys. In Is 22v 22 you notice it is one key. Thats not the case in matt.16vs19.[keys] Today as christians we have that same power the appostles had, to bind and loose satan in Jesus name. 👍
Absolutely!! I do know what you are getting at, but Peter is the rock, that’s the name Jesus gave him! YOU are Peter, and upon THIS ROCK I will build my Church. Jesus didn’t say, You are Peter BUT upon this rock (meaning Himself) I will build my Church. I’m not saying Peter is the FOUNDER, just that Jesus Himself said Peter is the FOUNDATION.

Do you really think that when YOU bind something here on earth, it is really therefore also bound in HEAVEN? That’s heady authority, and I humbly acknowledge that I’d rather submit to a higher wisdom, Jesus’s teachings interpreted by 2000 years of divinely inspired guidance, than my own admittedly shallow understandings. Binding and loosing refer to the powers of the apostles and later popes, bishops and priests, namely the power to forgive sins. (Which I know could open up a whole other can of worms…) 😛

I noticed a thread about key vs. keys that you may be interested in, basically that when a King gives his Prime Minister keys to the kingdom, there are many in order to unlock the many gates, etc. Seems like a bit of hair-splitting to me… :rolleyes:

In light of your most recent post I would say get out of that parish now, for the sake of your own soul! From what you describe it is completely heretical.

40.png
Jennifer123:
Absolutely!! I do know what you are getting at, but Peter is the rock, that’s the name Jesus gave him! YOU are Peter, and upon THIS ROCK I will build my Church. Jesus didn’t say, You are Peter BUT upon this rock (meaning Himself) I will build my Church. I’m not saying Peter is the FOUNDER, just that Jesus Himself said Peter is the FOUNDATION.

Do you really think that when YOU bind something here on earth, it is really therefore also bound in HEAVEN? That’s heady authority, and I humbly acknowledge that I’d rather submit to a higher wisdom, Jesus’s teachings interpreted by 2000 years of divinely inspired guidance, than my own admittedly shallow understandings. Binding and loosing refer to the powers of the apostles and later popes, bishops and priests, namely the power to forgive sins. (Which I know could open up a whole other can of worms…) 😛

I noticed a thread about key vs. keys that you may be interested in, basically that when a King gives his Prime Minister keys to the kingdom, there are many in order to unlock the many gates, etc. Seems like a bit of hair-splitting to me… :rolleyes:
Jen, Again im going to disagree with you. In your last post you said Peter is the foundation and Jesus is the builder. You said a builder can not build upon himself. I believe you are a little confused. Jesus is the foundation.Without Jesus as the foundation the Church would crumble. Upon this rock means Jesus.Peter will then begin to build the church by going out and spreading the Good NEWS. :confused:

40.png
Regenhund:
I think the Peter and the Keys discussion might be better had in it’s own thread (imho- no offense intended!) 🙂
Yes, I agree, sorry everyone!! In fact, there is one, but I will just say one more thing to SPOKENWORD… 🙂

I am just taking Jesus at His word. He’s the founder, the builder, choosing to build His Church upon a foundation, Simon, renaming him Peter, which means Rock, and saying to all of us that upon that Rock He will build His Church. I’m just going by the text.

I pray that you will find what it is you’re looking for here on these forums!!! 👍

40.png
SPOKENWORD:
Upon this rock means Jesus.Peter will then begin to build the church by going out and spreading the Good NEWS. :confused:
And that, Ladies and Gentlemen, is why we have 30,000 protestant denominations and feminists presuming to have the authority to preach from the pulpit.

40.png
tcaseyrochester:
Hmmm, now you are pouring salt on one of my other wounds…

The one we had prior to her was essentially the business manager of the parish to offload the sole priest assigned to the parish. She (the current one) is a former nun, now married. She sits to the left of the priest at mass wearing an alb. She says the homily every other week. She sets the altar prior to the consecration. She provides spiritual counselling to parishioners. She disbanded the Liturgy Committee and now has authority over the decorations of the church and composition of the prayers of the faithful. She once added a prayer of the Faithful (from the altar!) that blessed a woman being ordained that day as a “Priest” in a local break-away apostacy called “Spiritus Christi”. She has changed the words of all of our music, psalms and even the Gloria to eliminate any usage of male pronouns (e.g. "Glory to God in the Highest and peace to God’s people on Earth.) She sometimes changes words of readings or substitutes unapproved, but politically correct, “translations” that are not approved by the USCCB. She would not allow a banner to be hung that was made by a parishioner for Ash Wednesday because it said “Remember** Man** that thou art dust…” And, at the end of mass, she throws a few zingers at the priest, supposedly in jest, that I often find disrespectful and irreverent, but he apparently does not.

And now, refers in the newsletter to abortion as a “choice.”
I could feel my heart breaking as I read this post.

Please contact the St. Joseph Foundation regarding this. This organization helps faithful Catholics address such abuses. Their website is st-joseph-foundation.org/.

I also encourage you to stay with your parish (provided the transubstantiation is valid). Your faithful and prayerful presence is needed to counteract what is going on. Like the first apostles, you will be able to plant seeds that others will water and still others will harvest.

40.png
STJOMO:
And that, Ladies and Gentlemen, is why we have 30,000 protestant denominations and feminists presuming to have the authority to preach from the pulpit.
AND LADIES AND GENTLEMEN I DRAW THE SHADE ON THIS TOPIC. SORRY FOR ANY WRONG INTERPRETATION. GOD BLESS

40.png
SPOKENWORD:
AND LADIES AND GENTLEMEN I DRAW THE SHADE ON THIS TOPIC. SORRY FOR ANY WRONG INTERPRETATION. GOD BLESS
No need to be sorry - just hope that this discussion may have helped you at least understand the RCC a little better, even if you disagree… 😉

Thanks to those who gave me feedback on my comments AND my homily! It might be interesting for some to know that I have continued to receive positive feedback from members of my parish.

Here’s another fun fact: Last week, one of lectors decided to substitute the word “God” for “He” in several places in the first reading. A parishioner mentioned this to a fellow deacon, expressing concern about whether such substitution is allowed. (It’s not). When the deacon brought it up to the pastor, his response was, essentially, “I don’t want to go near it!” It might not surprise some to know that the lector was one of those who complained about my homily! 👍

“Of course Is.22 is only your interpretation of the keys.”

Spokenword, no. That’s the interpretation of the Church. We Catholics do not personally interpret Scripture for ourselves.

Are parish priests officially allowed to teach their opinions to their parishioners? A friend invited me to attend a class at her church one evening and the priest was teaching that the Blessed Mother and Mary Magdalene and other women were commissioned at the Last Supper just as the apostles were and therefore women should be priests. It gave me chills and had I not been in for a long, dark walk home, I would have left. He continued to paint a picture of the Last Supper that I’d certainly never heard before. From where I sat, it seemed he was openly defying the Holy Father. Is it within his rights to do this? I know we’re all entitled to our personal opinions, but to mold one’s congregation according to such is astonishing and very protestant to me. So, whether we like it or not, is it “allowed?”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back