Hindus Worship at Fatima Altar

• Thread starter Thread starter DominvsVobiscvm
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
It shouldn’t be allowed. Where will the line be drawn? How about Voodoo rituals? What about Wicca? What if Le Vey members want to borrow the chapel?

This is really messed up. The Church needs to be ecumenical, but this is too far.

One has to ask “WHY?” That is, why Hindus would want to worship there. I admit I am uncomfortable with it, but lets not wring our hands over this less than earth shattering event and ask why the Hindus would want to do such a thing. They have altars aplenty. Perhaps Our Lady is calling to them to lead them to her Son. Apparently they sense something special about the place. This apparent breech of protocol would be worth it if even one soul turns to the faith, or does the celebration that would result in heaven over the conversion of a soul fall short of making up for this “affront?”

I read the article on the Hindu worship at Fatima and I am very confused. The Hindu religion, which has multiple gods, is one of the last groups I would expect to be granted access to the shrine. Doesn’t their action, of praying to their many gods and goddesses, desecrate this holy place? What is the purpose of this? Again I am very confused. Perhaps the Portuguese church leaders see Fatima differently than the believers of the Marian visions. Maybe they see the site as one of their few tourist attractions, a Portuguese Disney Land, how sad. I know this sounds very strong, I really don’t want to offend, I just don’t understand. Aren’t the Hindus mocking us by praying to there earth goddess there? Doesn’t this action speak that the think we misunderstand who is really present there? 😦

Maybe we should post this whole thread in the “Ask an Apologist” section. We need an answer! :confused:

40.png
quasimodo:
One has to ask “WHY?” That is, why Hindus would want to worship there. I admit I am uncomfortable with it, but lets not wring our hands over this less than earth shattering event and ask why the Hindus would want to do such a thing. They have altars aplenty. Perhaps Our Lady is calling to them to lead them to her Son. Apparently they sense something special about the place. This apparent breech of protocol would be worth it if even one soul turns to the faith, or does the celebration that would result in heaven over the conversion of a soul fall short of making up for this “affront?”
If you folks would contact Fr. Robert J.Fox, ( The EXPERT on Fatima), % EWTN, you would find out that there is NO TRUTH to any of these rumers. He was on Fr. Pacwa’s program a week or so ago and said these things are not true. I believe him.

Kathy Perry:
If you folks would contact Fr. Robert J.Fox, ( The EXPERT on Fatima), % EWTN, you would find out that there is NO TRUTH to any of these rumers. He was on Fr. Pacwa’s program a week or so ago and said these things are not true. I believe him.
This sounds better can you please give the date and time of the program as I do not get it here and need to request info like this.

I hope that someone can find Fr. Fox’s comments and post them. I really think we need a definitive answer. Perhaps Fr. Mitch is out there. I know how busy he is, but perhaps he can share a moment of his time. Maybe one of the moderators knows something about this subject. I will attempt to do a ‘goggle search’ and get back with the results.

The First Commandment:
I am the Lord thy God. Thou shalt not have strange gods before Me. Thou shalt not make to thyself a graven thing to adore it.

This is sacrilege! Fr. Gruner has been warning about this for months, yet no one wants to listen. www.fatima.org

Everyone if you haven’t should perform that Communion of Reparations, the first five saturday devotion, as Our Lady of Fatima request. Make reparation for all the blasphemies committed against the Immaculate Heart of Mary and pray that the the Holy Father and all the Bishop will finally obey our Mother and properly consecrate Russia to her Immaculate Heart.

Immaculate Heart of Mary prayer for us now and at the hour of our death!

Good post Eustachius. I was hoping that Kathy was correct, but it appears as though the worst is true. I don’t understand why we are expected to place value on other cultures and traditions, but we are not allowed to keep our own faith traditions pure. Multiculturalism may be a very good thing, but it should not come at such a high price. The price we are paying seems to be coming at Mary’s expense. We can’t let these things happen. My question remains, Why Should We ? :mad:

40.png
EUSTACHIUS:
The First Commandment:
I am the Lord thy God. Thou shalt not have strange gods before Me. Thou shalt not make to thyself a graven thing to adore it.

This is sacrilege! Fr. Gruner has been warning about this for months, yet no one wants to listen. www.fatima.org

Everyone if you haven’t should perform that Communion of Reparations, the first five saturday devotion, as Our Lady of Fatima request. Make reparation for all the blasphemies committed against the Immaculate Heart of Mary and pray that the the Holy Father and all the Bishop will finally obey our Mother and properly consecrate Russia to her Immaculate Heart.

Immaculate Heart of Mary prayer for us now and at the hour of our death!
EUSTACHIUS,

The source you quote as telling the whole story is not a good one.

The Fatima Organization is not in union with the church and Fr. Gruner is “ipso defacto divina”…as in excommunicated and known to spread a lot of lies around about everything to do with Fatima. He is not allowed to say mass as a Catholic Priest but he continues to do so defiantly. No diocese will allow him in their churches. He does however continue by speaking and holding his group meetings and illicit Mass’s under the SSPX canopy.

Fr. Fox is the only one of the two who is qualified and reliable to speak on Fatima.
jmj,
Marie

Bud Stewart:
Good post Eustachius. I was hoping that Kathy was correct, but it appears as though the worst is true. I don’t understand why we are expected to place value on other cultures and traditions, but we are not allowed to keep our own faith traditions pure. Multiculturalism may be a very good thing, but it should not come at such a high price. The price we are paying seems to be coming at Mary’s expense. We can’t let these things happen. My question remains, Why Should We ? :mad:
See above…Eustachius is incorrect and his sources for reference are not credible. No need to get mad… 😉 .Fr Gruner needs prayer but no one should follow anything he says.

40.png
BobCatholic:
This is really messed up. The Church needs to be ecumenical, but this is too far.
Bob…Fr Gruner is not church nor is he correct. See above.

Father Robert Fox: His credentials are excellent.

dailycatholic.org/issue/2000May/rjfox100.htm

The real Fatima apostolate you can rely on for good information.

fatimafamily.org/

Nicholas Gruner incurred suspension IPSO FACTO under Canon 2341.

This means, then, that “Father Nicholas Gruner” is automatically suspended from any priestly functions by virtue of his outrageous defiance of those authorities whom he apparently considers merely as “bureaucrats.”

Marie,

The other day when I posted a message in regards to Quo Primum I linked the encyclical to the www.dailycatholic.com website. You respond by stating the www.dailycatholic.com was not a reliable source. Yet today you used them as your source. That’s hypocritical!

Fr. Gruner is a good Priest who has been unjustly persecuted by people in the Vatican who do not like what he has to say. They have ordered him to do something which was impossible and then had an unnamed official suspend him.

These are the same people who wouldn’t defend Mel Gibson and The Passion.

You may choose to ignore it, there are main apostate member of hierarchy who are working to destroy the True Faith. As Pope Paul VI warned “THROUGH SOME FISSURE the smoke of Satan entered into the temple of God.”

Immaculate Heart of Mary pray for us now and at the hour of our death

40.png
EUSTACHIUS:
Marie,

The other day when I posted a message in regards to Quo Primum I linked the encyclical to the www.dailycatholic.com website. You respond by stating the www.dailycatholic.com was not a reliable source. Yet today you used them as your source. That’s hypocritical!

Fr. Gruner is a good Priest who has been unjustly persecuted by people in the Vatican who do not like what he has to say. They have ordered him to do something which was impossible and then had an unnamed official suspend him.

These are the same people who wouldn’t defend Mel Gibson and The Passion.

You may choose to ignore it, there are main apostate member of hierarchy who are working to destroy the True Faith. As Pope Paul VI warned “THROUGH SOME FISSURE the smoke of Satan entered into the temple of God.”

Immaculate Heart of Mary pray for us now and at the hour of our death
I was pointing out that even they know Father Fox is THE priest of Fatima. Sorry, I should have clarified that point. 😃 They are unreliable and run the gamut from A to Z. Makes your head spin.

The news service liked above has nothing to do with Fr. Grunner who was “suspended” (not excommunicated) from his priestly faculties…Whatever you might think of the status of this priest, let’s get one thing clear: he was not suspended for his teachings on Fatima but rather, for not complying with an order to go back to the diocese he was originally ordained in.

The news above doesn’t surprise me–though I’m very much angered and disappointed by the news. It’s not unheard of for Catholics to encage in such ecumenical activities such as letting other faiths pray in our churches and holy places (our Holy Father did that at Assisi).

As BobCatholic said, there is something very wrong here and I think we need to offer up prayers and sacrifices since obviously Satan knows the promise our Lady made at Fatima about Portugal and I’m guessing he’s not going down without a fight.

Sr. Lucia said once in her interview with Fr. Feuentese (sp?) that Satan is getting ready to wage a war against our Blessed Mother because he knows that it is she who will crush his head in the end.

So for now let’s just watch and pray.

Miguel.

Can somebody please post credible documentation for this story, which is being posted on just about every Catholic forum on the net?
I have yet to see one shred of evidence this is true.

40.png
Marie:
I was pointing out that even they know Father Fox is THE priest of Fatima. .
Marie,

You are actually mistaken here the article that you reference about Fr. Fox is four years old and was posted on their site before all the scandels broke. Since then their opinion has changed and they are honoring Fr. Gruner this month.

dailycatholic.org/issue/04May/tttmay04.htm

Now I’m not going to argue with you about who is right on Fatima. I will tell you, it was Fr. Gruner’s writing that prompted me to perform the First Five Saturday Devotion this year not Fr. Fox’s. Our Lady came through for me most incredibly during those four months. And it was a St. Joseph’s prayer card that Fr. Gruner sent to me, out of the blue, at a most needed time, with following prayer on it:

O St. Joseph, whose protection is so great, so strong, so prompt before the throne of God, I place in thee all my interests and desires. O St. Joseph, do assist me by thy powerful intercession and obtain for me from thy Divine Son all spiritual blessings, through Jesus Christ, Our Lord, so that, having engaged here below thy heavenly power, I may offer my thanksgiving and homage to the most loving of Fathers. O St. Joseph, I never weary contemplating thee and Jesus asleep in thy arms. I dare not approach while He reposes near thy heart. Press Him in my name and kiss His fine head for me and ask Him to return the kiss when I draw my dying breath. St. Joseph, Patron of departing souls, pray for us. Amen.

Say for nine consecutive mornings for anything you may desire. It has seldom been known to fail.

Shortly after, thanks to the intercession of Our Lady and St. Joseph, what had been impossible, became possible, and finally a reality.

We are in a spiritual war, the Church as taken some major body blows the last few years and Satan will try to go for a knock out, so I stongly encourage you don’t be on the sidelines, take up your weapon, your Rosary daily and do the First Five Saturday devotion. If you already are fantastic!

Domini Canis:
The news service liked above has nothing to do with Fr. Grunner who was “suspended” (not excommunicated) from his priestly faculties…Whatever you might think of the status of this priest, let’s get one thing clear: he was not suspended for his teachings on Fatima but rather, for not complying with an order to go back to the diocese he was originally ordained in.

Miguel.
I think I will follow our Bishop’s lead on Father Gruner. Father Gruner is here in our diocese today and saying Mass at the SSPX chapel and giving a talk. Our Bishop has said Fr. Gruner has no faculties to do so in any Catholic church in our dioceses. He further stated that Fr Gruner is free to do so in the SSPX as our diocese has no control of that. But, we are obliged not to follow him nor allow ourselves to be influenced by his “Fatima Crusaders” message as it is contrary to what the church teaches.
We also are not to attend the SSPX mass. That is good enough information for me to go by as I follow my appointed Apostle for my faith. I do not follow anything which is declared out of bounds as it endangers our faith and morals.

Gruner may be many things but he is above all disobedient and not worthy of listening to. I value my soul too much to let rumors of this and that sway me to be disobedient to my Bishops orders. Too bad Gruner could not do the same and be obedient. That is the mark of someone to listen to, that they obey their superiors. He did not. The rest for me is a moot point.

His disobeidence is more problematic to me than rumors of Hindus at Fatima. The rumors have been refuted by those in authority over and over but still people fail to recognise Gruner is not in union with Rome nor is he an authority on Fatima.

Mare said,
I think I will follow our Bishop’s lead on Father Gruner. Father Gruner is here in our diocese today and saying Mass at the SSPX chapel and giving a talk. Our Bishop has said Fr. Gruner has no faculties to do so in any Catholic church in our diocses. He further stated that Fr Gruner is free to do so in the SSPX as our diocese has no control of that. But, we are obliged not to follow him nor allow ourselves to be influenced by his “Fatima Crusaders” message as it is contrary to what the church teaches.
That’s unfortunate. I pray that Fr. Gruner’s situation with the Church gets corrected; but my original point still stands: that this priest was never disciplined for anything he has said regarding the Fatima message. Rather, it was his refusal to go back to his diocese when he was ordered to.

The issue here is that Fatima is undergoing an ecumenical venture (like the building of the new shrine) and allowing certain Hindus to pray to their false gods within one of the church’s holy shrines dedicated to our Lady. So forgive me and others for feeling a little bit concerned and apprehensive about this.

For the sake of the argument; if Fatima indeed does go down this road where pagans and inter-faith practices are to be held there, how many of you would agree or defend it?

Miguel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back