Hired to photograph a lesbian wedding

  • Thread starter Thread starter GerardAubyn
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do it, but do just a bit badly, barely detectable. Arguable.

Your will needs to stay synched with your intellect.

Do it so that your will stays in synch with your conscience.

Just like POWs.

Next time leave an out…I might be busy waiting for final word on another commitment…what are we looking at?
 
Last edited:
Do you have a problem with photographing a christening at a different church?
 
If they use the Trinitarian formula? No problem at all.

And a baptism of any form isn’t in the same category as a public act of unnatural coupling.
 
Last edited:
Like if a documentary filmmaker were to record ISIS, he wouldn’t necessarily be condoning it. This certainly won’t be included in my portfolio, and I won’t even say congratulations. But I do see your point that others will be seeing these photographs are images of a celebratory event. I truly do not intend to book any more weddings like this one, so I think my confession would be valid.
 
A baptism of any formula isn’t a formal public recognition of a coupling that is unnatural.

World of difference.
 
I’ve only photographed two, including my daughters who were baptized on the same day, and they were both in the Catholic faith. But no, if it’s a valid baptism I have no problem with it. The trinitarian formula.
 
I’m in Canada. Unfortunately, we have fewer freedoms than the U.S. when it comes to speech and affiliation.
 
If the client considered it a christening and called it a christening.
 
the situation is nowhere near as serious as assisting at an abortion;
the photographer is taking pictures at an event that is going to happen one way or the other

no infant is being killed, it is just party photos at an event that means nothing

might as well be a child’s birthday party
 
Last edited:
You aren’t the one being gay so I don’t know how that could be a sin… I mean your not technically supporting them either. I understand why you are asking tho.

They are people and they sin just like us. Honestly it’s the same thing as photographing a married couple that isn’t married in the church. Sex before marriage (and sex in a unoffical marriage) and Gay people having sex is the same sin. Both are commuting adultery.

(PS I am not married to my husband in the Catholic Church yet so I don’t receive communion at all until we do get officially married)
 
So you must feel the same way if she was going to photograph a same sex wedding that wasn’t Catholic right?
 
the abortion will happen one way or another.

It means something, you are validating a sin.
 
not sure i agree with that; “assisting” at an abortion implies that you are facilitating infanticide

an innocent, defenseless life is involved

a “lesbian” wedding is two grown adults who are going to do what they want to do

if OP doesn’t photograph it; someone else will
 
Last edited:
i guess i don’t believe that taking party photos is “corrupting your soul”

but go ahead and take the hard line, shipmate…
 
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top