Hired to photograph a lesbian wedding

  • Thread starter Thread starter GerardAubyn
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
40.png
joeybaggz:
The two people, made in the image and likeness of God, deserve the same treatment as all other persons.
Not really. We deserve respect - which does not imply “the same treatment”. It seems regrettable that a photographer can’t simply decline the job.
We agree at last. 😁 I remember you from the other board.
 
I hate censorship, and It’s good all this is getting out there.
 
As for your intentions regarding confession, this is sacrilegious. When you go to confession you must actually be sorry for your sins and not intend to continue in them.
Reminds me of Gospel stories where Jesus rebukes the Pharisees for focusing on the exterior rather than the interior.
 
Do it, but do just a bit badly, barely detectable. Arguable.
Uhhh… Isn’t that a bit… Duplicitous?

That seems like something a character on “Desperate Housewives” would do.

Shouldn’t a professional, ya know, be professional without prejudice?
 
if it looks like a duck and walks like a duck and talks like a duck, is it a chicken?
 
It isn’t dishonest…if one is being forced to do something against one’s conscience it’s not dishonest at all.

It’s another case of why not telling the Nazi’s that you’re hiding a Jew in your attic" is not a lie.
 
I also plan to go to confession after photographing the wedding.
planning on confessing a sin after sinning is a sin itself, its abusing the mercy of God

I would cancel doing the shoot, but thats my personal opinion
 
I thought about that too. Although, I sincerely mean it when I say “sin no more” meaning I will not book weddings like this going forward. I will have to know all of the details first. But is it a mortal sin or a venial sin? I could tell them I have to cancel because of my religious beliefs, but here in Canada that might not go over too well with the law.
 
If we go by your logic, what’s to stop this person from taking this couple’s credit card and stealing from them, or defrauding them in other ways? Catholicism is not a coat we can take on and off- it is a permanent tattoo on the soul of a person, irremovable.
 
It isn’t dishonest…if one is being forced to do something against one’s conscience it’s not dishonest at all.
It’s another case of why not telling the Nazi’s that you’re hiding a Jew in your attic" is not a lie.
Don’t exaggerate – no one’s life is at stake here. Either do your best work or don’t do it at all.
 
Don’t misunderstand the case of hiding the Jew. You’ve downgraded it in a sense.

The greatest offense in both cases is offending God, the Truth (not murder or torture of a human). You’ve missed the supernatural element.
 
It isn’t dishonest…if one is being forced to do something against one’s conscience it’s not dishonest at all.

It’s another case of why not telling the Nazi’s that you’re hiding a Jew in your attic" is not a lie.
Please. The photographer accepted the job. If this was an issue, he should have brought it up before sealing the deal.
 
Please. The photographer accepted the job. If this was an issue, he should have brought it up before sealing the deal.
I said I was open on that date, which is true, but then I was told it was a lesbian wedding. If I respectfully declined and gave my honest reasons why I could end up with a media circus at my door. That’s how far gone we are in Canada.
 
I said I was open on that date, which is true, but then I was told it was a lesbian wedding. If I respectfully declined and gave my honest reasons why I could end up with a media circus at my door. That’s how far gone we are in Canada.
Understood. If this is an issue for you, I would suggest an appointment with an attorney who can guide you on how to screen without setting yourself up for legal issues.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top