Homosexuality is not a civil right

  • Thread starter Thread starter SILVERNAME
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
But no one has ever infringed on my right to worship as a Roman Catholic.
But such infringements have happened in the past, and they could happen in the future. There are activists and legislators who aren’t exactly coy about admitting that they would like to do whatever they can to silence Christians from speaking about issues X or Y.

ENDA is arguably a bad law, and people on both sides of the issue see it as the first step toward forcing the Church and other Christian institutions to comply with what appears to be an increasingly intrusive federal government’s mandates about what is moral and/or acceptable.
You should be more concerned about the Neocatechumenal Way being destructive to our faith.
I’m actually more concerned about the horribly lax standards of orthodoxy in too many Catholic schools, especially those run by the Jesuits.

😉

– Mark L. Chance.
 
The problem isn’t with being able to practice one’s faith, but imposing that faith on others that do not hold to it. What one believes within the confines of the church is their business…but if “what they believe” requires them to practice discrimination in the public sector then I don have a problem. Allowing gay people to have equal rights under the law in no way impacts the free expression of religion…unless part of that “free expression” requires discrimination against those that do not practice that religion.

I may consider some things immoral BUT I don not have the right to impose my religious belief on those that do not believe such things that are allowed by law…that is the difference…you want to practice Catholicism or Mormonism or Quakerism as far as that goes, but when practicing those faiths impose restrictions on those that do not practice such religious beliefs…that’s where I have my issues.
Homosexuals already have equal rights. The exact same rights we all enjoy regardless of our race, creed, gender or country of national origin.
 
With all due respect to you, this is kind of silly. If I said in an earlier post that “we all accept that homosexuality is disordered,” does that communicate to you that I accept the teachings of the Church, or not?

I am aware that there is a gay rights movement. But no one has ever infringed on my right to worship as a Roman Catholic. And anyway, “if God is for us, who could be against us.” Sheesh. Why worry? This kind of vitriol makes it hard to behave like a Christian in all circumstances.

I appreciate your attempts to “educate me,” but I would rather see it from a balanced point of view. Like the U.S. Bishops’. The people who write that hate speech are probably not even Catholic. Those incidents you talk about are so random and far-between that, though they are alarming, they are negligible. We have more trouble with the Mormons just sauntering in during Mass.

You should be more concerned about the Neocatechumenal Way being destructive to our faith.

Pax tecum.
How do you know what all that I am concerned about? It just happens that this particular thread is about Homosexuality and the laws that are being pushed upon our society to legitimize a social destructive behavior. Now if you want start a thread on the Neocatechumenal Way and we can start a discussion about that subject. By the way if you look at back of car you would see that Pro-Life Vanity Plate, a Go Herd! bumber sticker, and a sticker promoting the school my children attend, no anti-Gay material found there. The ‘gay’ rights movement isn’t my only concern, nor my main concern. My main concern is getting to heaven by the Grace of God and seeing as many people I run into during my short life come along with me.

BTW - The stuff I have posted is not hate speech, except maybe to some of those that want to ignore the truth about the subject. It does not promote nor justify violence against anyone, in fact it comdemns violence.
 
How do you know what all that I am concerned about? It just happens that this particular thread is about Homosexuality and the laws that are being pushed upon our society to legitimize a social destructive behavior. Now if you want start a thread on the Neocatechumenal Way and we can start a discussion about that subject. By the way if you look at back of car you would see that Pro-Life Vanity Plate, a Go Herd! bumber sticker, and a sticker promoting the school my children attend, no anti-Gay material found there. The ‘gay’ rights movement isn’t my only concern, nor my main concern. My main concern is getting to heaven by the Grace of God and seeing as many people I run into during my short life come along with me.

BTW - The stuff I have posted is not hate speech, except maybe to some of those that want to ignore the truth about the subject. It does not promote nor justify violence against anyone, in fact it comdemns violence.
Bennie, you’re right about the Neocat thread. There are several in which I participate already!

I appreciate the conversation with you…I can see you are a good guy at heart. Blessings to you!
 
Bennie, you’re right about the Neocat thread. There are several in which I participate already!

I appreciate the conversation with you…I can see you are a good guy at heart. Blessings to you!
and Blessings to you, my the peace of the Lord always find a home in your heart.🙂
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top