Housewarming for non-married couple

  • Thread starter Thread starter ARH521
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
We don’t see Him eating with sinners and calling them out, either. And I didn’t know they were moving in together right now, I thought the OP just said they’d bought a house and were having a house warming.

From the information we have so far they might have been living together for years.
The having a house warming is a* celebration of* their “living situation” be it new or old. That they bought this house together…and have moved into it.

Can it be that I sit down and eat a meal with those who are “living together”? And not spend the time then and there “calling them out”? sure.

I might have many personal encounters with those who are in objectively gravely sinful situations – and love them and meet with them etc And I might not use every such meeting to seek in charity that “fraternal correction”…

But I am not going to celebrate their living situation. Or approve of it or praise it in any other way.

And Jesus certainly did not either of course (not saying your saying he did).
 
We don’t see Him eating with sinners and calling them out, either. And I didn’t know they were moving in together right now, I thought the OP just said they’d bought a house and were having a house warming.

From the information we have so far they might have been living together for years.
By eating with them and preaching to them about sins and sinful behavior, he was calling them out. He did not just go and eat with them to have a good time. There was a purpose.
 
That’s not the point and not what you said. You said He ALWAYS did. He did not. Not once that we can see. The one making the assumption was you and you were wrong.

Mischaracterizing Jesus is kind of a thing with me. Trying to change what you said, which I have now copied over three times, so you don’t have to simply admit what you said was factually unproveable, doesn’t change that you were wrong.

Jesus ate with sinners. It was such outrageous behavior His family was summoned. What did He say about those sinners He was eating with?

These are my mother and brothers and sisters.

It cannot be wrong to do what Jesus did. If OP wants to go, she can go. If she doesn’t, don’t. It’s not a moral issue, it’s a social one.
As I said, I stand by my statement. And I explained why, which you chose to ignore. I also opened myself up for correction if you could help me see…Perhaps my logic is flawed here…and you can coorect my thinking by providing an example for me of Christ condoning sin or telling anyone to carry on in their sinful way. During any of these meals…can you show where a sin was pointed out or committed and Christ said it was okay?
Actually when he said that he noted who where his mother and brother and sisters…

those who* do* the will of God…(see Mark 3:35, Matt 12:48)

(hence are not living as grave “sinners” or are repentant if they were…)
By eating with them and preaching to them about sins and sinful behavior, he was calling them out. He did not just go and eat with them to have a good time. There was a purpose.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top