Man, oh man⦠When it rains, it pours. Sorry guys, Iāve got good news to report for a change.
Short version: I have this protestant co-worker friend with whom Iāve had a long, on-going e-mail relationship with. Just friendsāwe laugh at the absurdities of our jobs. The occasional walk, yadda yadda. She got back from a long work trip in Texas, and (sorry if youāve heard this before, by the way), and we had what could only be called a loooong date. Coffee, taught her to play pool, (she turned out to be a shark), then dinner on the Potomac while watching sailboats and sunsets.
Then, just as the humidity is starting to cause me to sweat through my shirt, she says, āHey, you think the National Shrine is open this late?ā I say, āWell, heck, letās find out!ā So, we go. It was closed, but we walked around it and talked God for a while. Then I ask if sheās ever seen the Franciscan monastery. She says āno,ā so we go.
The monastery has a long walkway around gardens with scenes from the rosary all along it. She was amazed by the mosaics, the āHail Maryā in dozens of languages, etc. Fireflies are streaking through the roses, the moon is coming out, the sky is clearing off, leaving everything warm and dewey. We have perfect silence with each other and itās just dandy.
So, we drive back to work, (where sheād left her car), and she says, āSo, are you going to say it, or am do I have to?ā I laugh because I was feeling it too. I told her the truthāshe amazed me. She said the same. (Thereās actually a lot more to thisāweāve known each other for two years). Then, well, modesty prohibits me from going on. But I can say nothing happened I should confess. (And I have an overactive conscience.) Suffice it to sayā¦wow. Good, clean kissing. Canāt beat it.
I get home, check my inbox, and Iāve got half a dozen messages from
CatholicMingle.com. Iām not going to pursue any of those, (besides, theyāre nowhere NEAR me), but still, itās a good feeling.
Lol. Iām sure Iāll be posting questions she brings up about Catholic theology in the near future, but for now, wow. We both donāt need it, weāre both extremely cautious, and we both know where the lines are. (She laughed when I told her how Catholic teaching has ruined my dating lifeāand she understood exactly what I meant!) Even if it isnāt meant to be, this kind of thing gives me hope.
Alright, sorry for the long post. Iām just in a good mood.