J
jcrichton
Guest
I cannot concur since most people who keep books and are skimming tend to hide their actions very well–the other eleven could have had suspected something but there’s no clue in Scriptures that there had been mismanagement and that Judas had been cought in the act; the narrator might be speaking of facts that were not known at the time of the pertinent passage.I think the cause of indignation was percieved mismanagement of funds. They said; “For this might have been sold for much,”
…correct; again, this does not suggest that they had a beef with Judas mismanagement–other than John and his brother, I doubt that Jesus disciples were accustomed to opulence–an expensive perfume being wasted could very well remind them of some specially lean times when they had to go without food or wages or shelter or all it altogether….
Jesus’ response indicates the diciples attitude was from not understanding that He is going to His death.
I still do not see it as Scrptures are silent about any subversiness among the disciples (outside of the sons of thunder wanting to be first and second); Judas seemed very self-involved… a person that sought to get a leg up but not one who would be willing to share–even ill-gotten gains….
I believe it’s possible that Judas misread the other diciples concern for money and maybe saw it as a crack he could widen.
Maran atha!
Angel