How often do you go to confession?

  • Thread starter Thread starter smichhertz
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually I go as often as needed. For example, I went last Friday evening and here I am needing to go again. Mea Culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.
 
I been going as a rule one a month. But yes as often as needed would the correct answer IMHO. I been going as I do to involve myself in the 1st Sat of the month Reparation. 👍 I think its a wonderfull cause as instructed not only by the church but re-defined at Fatima.

God Bless, Gary
 
As often as needed. 🙂 I find it hard to put the need for mercy on a time table or a schedule 😉
 
I go as often as i need to. As of today, it has been like every 20th day or so. I have been a catholic for 4,1 months and are going through a learningful and good process.
 
I probably average out to once-per-month (which is what I put in the poll). In fact, that’s my personal ‘target’ frequency whether I am in mortal sin or not.

Sometimes when things are going pretty well I let it slip a little less frequent. Sometimes, when things are going pretty bad, I need to go more often.
 
I certainly agree with the above posters that it’s not about putting a timetable on mercy. However, I’ve noticed that my venial sins, when left unchecked, often times eventually turn into mortal sins. That’s why I have been trying to stick to a schedule of going at regular intervals to hopefully cut down on the number of times I fall into mortal sin. So far, it seems to be working.
 
Usually once a week…though at times more so …special seasons or feasts, retreats, pilgrimages etc
 
I use same rule for taking a bath and changing my sheets: as often as I need to
 
=smichhertz;7714982]Just curious as to how often people go to confession.
One of the CHEIF Benefits of Being a Catholic is the Absolute certainty that OUR SINS HAVE BEEN FORGIVEN. Not merely speculation; a blind faith, optomestic hope; but ABSOLUTE CERTAINITY!

WHY?

Because we are OBEDIENT to what Christ Himself mandates:

** 1John.1 Verses 8 to 10:** "If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just, and will forgive our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us."

** 1John.5 Verses 16 to 17**"If any one sees his brother committing what is not a mortal sin, he will ask, and God will give him life for those whose sin is not mortal. ** There is sin which is mortal**; I do not say that one is to pray for that. All wrongdoing is sin, ** but there is sin which is not mortal. **

** John.20 Verses 20 to 23**]" When he had said this, he showed them his hands and his side. Then the disciples were glad when they saw the Lord. ** Jesus said to them ** again, “Peace be with you. ** As the Father has sent me, even so I send you.” ** And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and said to them, “Receive the Holy Spirit. If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven; if you retain the sins of any, they are retained.”

A SECOND Exclusive benefit of being Catholic, is the opportunity to receive SACRAMENTAL GRACE: EACH Sacrament [ALL BY THE WAY INSTITUTED BY CHRIST] provide the Grace associated with right administeration and reception of the Sacraments.

I go every Month … 👍

God Bless,
Pat
 
Once a month.

The second “Precept of the Church” requires once a year. (CCC 2042)

Those interested in Plenary Indulgences must go to Confession about in the same week the indulgence takes place as one of the conditions. More info on this can be found on the Vatican web site.
 
I don’t go because I’m not Catholic, but hopefully I will be some day. 🙂
 
I go once or twice a month most of the year, but once a week during Lent.
 
Until recently my answer would have been NEVER!!! It had been 17yrs for me last Lent…and I really felt a burning need to confess. So, last year, I sucked it up and went in tears to confession. Since then I have been 5x in 1yr…quite a difference from a 17yr break.

I go as I need to…I ususally feel a deep need to go and then I fight that for a couple weeks before sucking it up and doing it. so every 2-3mths is average for me
 
I go once or twice a month most of the year, but once a week during Lent.
please forgive me…I do not mean to judge or sound sarcastic but I am honestly curious.

WHY more often during lent? Do you find that you sin more during lent?
 
Re: more during Lent.

Confession can also be preventive medicine. Perhaps someone can’t get to Confession every week during the year, but can make the effort during Lent. Good way to deepen one’s relationship with God.
 
👍
Until recently my answer would have been NEVER!!! It had been 17yrs for me last Lent…and I really felt a burning need to confess. So, last year, I sucked it up and went in tears to confession. Since then I have been 5x in 1yr…quite a difference from a 17yr break.

I go as I need to…I ususally feel a deep need to go and then I fight that for a couple weeks before sucking it up and doing it. so every 2-3mths is average for me
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top