How often do you go to confession?

  • Thread starter Thread starter smichhertz
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
when needed. if i have no sins then why go to confession? so i cannot go as often as some as i have no sins to confess. i feel foolish going when i have nothing to confess.
Hey.
Me too.
I once told the priest that I was still too humble.
(That didn’t go over very well:confused:)

Please don’t take this as sarcasm.
When I had trouble identifying my sins one day I, logically, figured that I must be perfect.😃

I think the problem lies in us (perfect people ;)) having trouble really examining our conscience.
 
I think the problem lies in us (perfect people ;)) having trouble really examining our conscience.
I struggle with that too. My big problem is I have a bad memory, and I have trouble focusing when examining my conscience.

What I found helped me was rather than reading a paper with questions on it, I would just ask the Holy Spirit to guide my thoughts so that I would make a good examination of conscience. Then I would try and walk through each day since my last confession and try to remember what I did. It’s also helpful to do an examination of conscience every night, as it helps to keep the sins fresh in your mind for the next confession.
 
I struggle with that too. My big problem is I have a bad memory, and I have trouble focusing when examining my conscience.

What I found helped me was rather than reading a paper with questions on it, I would just ask the Holy Spirit to guide my thoughts so that I would make a good examination of conscience. Then I would try and walk through each day since my last confession and try to remember what I did. It’s also helpful to do an examination of conscience every night, as it helps to keep the sins fresh in your mind for the next confession.
A nightly examination of conscience … That requires more than self-discipline for me. If I could start by making it a habit to at least pray for help examining my conscience that would be a great start.
(But what if I find a sin or two. Uh-oh…)

I find this to be a bit inspiring from futurecatholic.net:
The New Marian Missal ends the Mass with this excerpt from a book entitled, The Following of Christ (I believe it is by John Tauler, from many centuries ago)-these words are so comforting:
Code:
“If thou knowest only how to be silent and to endure, doubt not but that thou shalt experience help from the Lord.  He knoweth the time and the manner of thy deliverance; and, therefore, it is thy part to resign thyself into His hands.  It belongs to God to help us and deliver us from all confusion.”
(That’s located close to the bottom of the page.)
 
I go as often as i need to. As of today, it has been like every 20th day or so. I have been a catholic for 4,1 months and are going through a learningful and good process.
Welcome to Christ’s own Church! Norway needs more Catholics.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top