You know, OSAS is the thing that relies on yourself, rather than on Jesus Christ. The whole premise is built on the idea, that…How can I say this??
Frodo, I am an old lady, but when I was a little girl, there was a TV program we used to watch, Groucho Marx. He had this little gameshow, & every time someone came on, he would tell them, “Say the secret word, and the duck will come down & pay you $100”. And if you said the secret word, the magic word, a stuffed duck came down on a rope with a $100 bill in its mouth for the person who said it…
OSAS, I think, is a lot like that. You say the “magic words”–which are a little prayer that was made up by Dwight Moody in the 19th Century, and, hey! presto!! --You are going to go to Heaven, even if you

murder your whole family &

run off with your secretary, because you won the

Free Ticket to Heaven… Even though you have up and

slapped our Blessed Lord in the face…
It is all built on man, following a secret formula (which nobody ever heard of for 1800+ years of Christianity), and that trumps the whole of the life & teachings of Jesus Christ…
NOT!!
Sorry, Frodo. It won’t do. It just won’t do. “We must needs go home by the way of the Cross”, it says in the old song, and the way of the Cross is the way of following in the footsteps of Jesus.
Not the footsteps of a 19th Century preacher, however holy & well-intentioned he may have been (and I believe he was both).
No, the way of Jesus Christ is the way of obedience to Him.No secret words, no ducks coming down, no magical formulas. It’s not an easy road…but it leads Home.
Home, by the Narrow Way. Not the other road which leads only to

destruction…