How To Get To Heaven

  • Thread starter Thread starter xfrodobagginsx
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Satan believes in the Lord. Is he saved?
Does satan place his faith in Jesus Christ for salvation?

I didn’t say merely believing that Jesus exists. Believing ON the Lord for salvation is the same as placing your faith in Him for salvation.
 
Does satan place his faith in Jesus Christ for salvation? I don’t think so

I didn’t say merely believing that Jesus exists. Believing ON the Lord for salvation is the same as placing your faith in Him for salvation.Catholics do this.
 
??? And how does this pertain to the Catholic Church???
All these claims you make…with no meat…
By including works into salvation, they preach another gospel. The bible clearly says that it is without works, yet they ignore those plain, overwheming verses and focus on a very select few that are really saying that if you have real faith, you will have works. The evidence is overwheming scripturally that it is without works of righeousness.

Tit 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

The washing in this verse comes from the Lord inside the man, not outside the man.
 
Does satan place his faith in Jesus Christ for salvation?

I didn’t say merely believing that Jesus exists. Believing ON the Lord for salvation is the same as placing your faith in Him for salvation.
It’s living your faith up with Christ by obeying all that he has commanded us to do. God demands so much from us, and in times, we often abuse our free will by breaking his commandments. In turn, when we do fall, we should get up repent and star over. God’s mercy is the hope that we have. Asking him for forgiveness can truly change a man’s heart.
 
Water baptism does not save a person, but there is a baptism which does. The moment a person believes in Christ he is baptized (immersed) or placed into Christ. “For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ” (Gal. 3:26-27). Being baptized or placed into Jesus Christ is not something that man can do but it is something that only God can do for the believing heart. The result of this baptism is that the believer has a brand new position. Having been placed into Jesus Christ he is now “in Christ” (a phrase that is found repeatedly in the New Testament Epistles). “If any man be IN CHRIST, he is a new creature” (2 Cor. 5:17). How did we get to be “in Christ”? God, in His grace, placed us into His dear Son the moment we believed on Him.

In the days of Noah, eight people were saved. The rest of the world perished. They were saved because they were in a location which was absolutely safe and secure. They were in the ark. Everyone outside of the ark perished. Today Jesus Christ is our Ark of safety. There is no safer place to be than “in Christ”—“There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus” (Romans 8:1). Those outside of Christ are in great danger. How did we get into Christ our Ark of safety? We were baptized into Jesus Christ the moment we were saved. God placed us into His Son, and in Him we are safe and secure forever. Water baptism is meant to be a picture of the real baptism (sometimes referred to as spiritual baptism or Spirit baptism) that took place the moment we were saved. Water baptism is meant to be a picture of this new position and new relationship we now have in Christ, having been totally identified with Him, with His Person and His work.
 
Frodo…I know this would be another thread, but do you know where the Bible came from, who decided what books were inspired, who formed the Canon of Scripture and when, etc.?
 
The only way anyone can say the bible doesnt teach the need for water baptism is by changing meanings of words, and twisting scripture…

What did Phillip do with the Ethiopian?
Why did Jesus say we must be born of water and spirit? Born of WATER and Spirit… Both and… baptism…
Why are we to be Baptizing in the name of the Father Son and the HS if it is a spiritual thing only not seen or performed by human hands?
Why are we to Baptize Nations if it is something done spiritually and not by human hands…
Why Baptize in the Name of Jesus if it is something done by God and not by human hands…
Why do the earliest Christian Documents talk about baptizing with water… (Didiche)
Why even TALK about baptism if it is a silent, spiritual thing that we have no control over?
Why use the word Baptism as Baptizo (sp) was commonly associated with Water…

Why does the bible say Baptism now saves you…

I reiterate… the ONLY way you can say water baptism is wrong is to completely change the meaning of the word Baptism, as well as the surrounding scripture… You argue about the meaning of a word… Paul warns us about people like that… that people that argue about the meaning of words lead to ruin.

In Christ Jesus
 
By including works into salvation, they preach another gospel. The bible clearly says that it is without works, yet they ignore those plain, overwheming verses and focus on a very select few that are really saying that if you have real faith, you will have works. The evidence is overwheming scripturally that it is without works of righeousness.

Tit 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

The washing in this verse comes from the Lord inside the man, not outside the man.
Well there you go…You do not understand what Catholic’s believe or what the Catholic Church teaches on salvation…We are saved by God’s Grace…that’s it… We are not saved by works or by faith…The only thing that saves us is God’s Grace…That is what the Catholic Church teaches and that is what we as Catholic’s believe… Where in Catholic teaching or doctrine does it say we are saved, or gain our salvation by works?
 
Oh, for goodness’ sake, people! I was not telling anybody how to pray. I was making an argument.

Look, here’ s my post again:
Funny, that prayer isn’t in my Bible. Looks like it’s man-made.

I’ll stick with what the Bible actually says to do.
Obviously my point is that Frodo isn’t accurately reflecting what the Bible says about how to get to heaven. Read the last word again. “I’ll stick with what the Bible actually says to do.” Meaning, what the Bible says to do to get to heaven. The Bible doesn’t say that we get to heaven by praying Frodo’s prayer — that’s all I meant.

Nowhere did I try to tell anybody how to pray, nor was I evaluating anybody’s prayers. It never crossed my mind that anybody would take it that way. My point was that the Bible doesn’t tell us that we get to heaven by praying Frodo’s prayer.

Okay? Are we all on the same page?
 
I’m curious frodo.
at the last Judgement when you stand before God and say I have had faith in you and accepted you as my personal savior and he quotes you Matthew 25

31"When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his throne in heavenly glory. 32All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.
34"Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

37"Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40"The King will reply, ‘I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.’

41"Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

44"They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

45"He will reply, ‘I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

46"Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life."

On which side will you be directed understanding that you have done nothing but accepted Jesus as your personal Lord and Savior?
 
Cranster, Frodo has been asked that same question several times now, and he refuses to respond. You just asked him, I asked him twice, Church Militant asked him at least once, and there may have been others. It seems that his opinion and the “sinner’s prayer” take precedence over the words of Our Savior.
 
thanks geezerbob,
I wasn’t aware of that. He may not answer anybody here but he will answer Jesus!
 
I said that I have prayed the prayer because most of the prayer can be expressed when someone prays the Mass. A part of your prayer is found in the Creed, and as far as asking Christ to come into our hearts, that is done by many as they go to Communion.

For me, there is no greater act of welcoming the Lord into my heart than receiving him in the form of the Eucharist.
Similar for me, I’ve prayed that, and more, many times before, and should pray everyday in thanksgiving for God’s love and mercy. The Mass is indeed a beautiful prayer, especially if we listen and reflect on the words being prayed. Very theological and reverent.

Michael
 
On which side will you be directed understanding that you have done nothing but accepted Jesus as your personal Lord and Savior?
Actually, from the OP: “Now that you are on your way to heaven, you should attend a bible believing church and follow in baptism.”

Did he actually say there was nothing else to do, or to respond to? Are we putting words in his mouth? Are we misrepresenting what he intended from the OP? Much of what he said in the OP is solid theologically, yet many Protestants and Catholics glaze over this stuff.

Michael
 
By including works into salvation, they preach another gospel. The bible clearly says that it is without works, yet they ignore those plain, overwheming verses and focus on a very select few that are really saying that if you have real faith, you will have works. The evidence is overwheming scripturally that it is without works of righeousness.

Tit 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

The washing in this verse comes from the Lord inside the man, not outside the man.
Now, now. We all should know that good works are the fruit of our God given faith. The Scripture does not say it is without works, so who is really ignoring certain Scriptures such as James? Of course it is not works of righteousness, as you phrase it, it is works of obedience, out of love for God and our fellow man.

First milk, then solid food.

The air we breath produces energy so our muscles can produce a breath, and the breath causes us to breath air which produces energy. It is not either/or. The air is there all around us, free, yet if we do not breath (work of breathing) that air does not produce energy in our body. Faith and work. Together. Scriptural.

Michael
 
Hi, I just glanced at this thread and I apologize in advance if the point I’m making has already been made.

Why do evangelicals like Joel Osteen always tell us that if we don’t say this prayer, we won’t be saved? If we do pray this prayer, we are saved but then they tell us that we need to attend a bible-believing church. Well, correct me if I’m wrong, but if we’re saved, why do I need to go to church? What’s the point?
 
The Catholic Church is a Bible believing Church, after all it was the Church that defined the canon.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top