C
Church_Militant
Guest
Based upon the debate so far, I’d say that that is this allegation would better fit those who have taught you the things that you have preached to us so far.That’s not the way I see it. I see the catholics keeping a very select few of the pieces 5% that they like best and then throwing away the other 95% of the pieces that don’t fit the puzzle the way they like.
You cannot make up a doctrine (in this case…of salvation) based on the man made interpretations of a few verses of scripture and then accuse Catholics of doing so when I have already shown you that Catholic soteriology is based upon the entire context of the New Testament as well as the historically verifiable documents of the early church and not some errant teachings of men that came into being a mere 500 years ago (or much much less.)
I’m sorry xFBx but so far you have failed to make a good scriptural case for the things that you say you believe. Just because you think the Bible teaches those things does not make it true. The important thing is to read the whole Word of God and to look to see what the early church, the men who were discipled by the apostles themselves, wrote and passed on as to what they learned. If what you currently believe does not align with their teachings concerning the Gospel then it is not the early church fathers that are wrong.