What does born again mean to you?
Probably not the same thing that it means to you.
I think we would agree on the effects upon us in being born again, but I don’t think we would agree by the means which we are born again.
I would tend to agree with what the church fathers taught.
If you are interested in what they had to say, then here is a link.
Born again - Church Fathers
Jesus explains it in John chapter 3:5
Jesus answered, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.
It is foreshadowed in Ezekiel 36:25 - 28
[25]I will sprinkle clean water upon you, and you shall be clean from all your uncleannesses, and from all your idols I will cleanse you.
[26] A new heart I will give you, and a new spirit I will put within you; and I will take out of your flesh the heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh.
[27] And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes and be careful to observe my ordinances.
[28] You shall dwell in the land which I gave to your fathers; and you shall be my people, and I will be your God.
I believe those passages are referring to baptism, but I doubt that this is what you believe.