W
whoisdiss
Guest
Did God make like a artifical sperm cell to fertelize Mary’s egg? Did he use artifical DNA?
I want to reiterate what JimG said about the details not being revealed to us, and therefore we cannot know how Jesus was conceived in terms of the biological sequence of events. But I do want to mention that it seems possible to me that God could have created or modified DNA in order to fashion Jesus’ body, and, in addition to the possibilities you have mentioned, a third possibility is that Jesus was a generic clone of Mary except with an X chromosome changed to a Y.Did God make like a artifical sperm cell to fertelize Mary’s egg? Did he use artifical DNA?
I don’t understand. If all of his genetic material came from Mary, he would be a clone. In order for him to be a different human being, it would be necessary for Mary’s DNA to combine with another set of DNA.This is not something that is revealed, nor is it necessary for us to know. I think that the theological consensus is that all of Jesus’ genetic material came from Mary.
To my understanding, the mechanics of it all are not really important. The father is the Holy Spirit of God. God is the creator of the universe, and can make life from nothing. As we see with the creation of man to begin with. For me, a slow and prayerful reading of the following tells me all I need to know to progress further with my Christianity. I pray that you will find your answer in here as well. May God bless and keep you always:Did God make like a artifical sperm cell to fertelize Mary’s egg? Did he use artifical DNA?
Surely the same God who created human DNA in the first place would not need to resort to artificial anything to create Jesus’ human body!Did God make like a artifical sperm cell to fertelize Mary’s egg? Did he use artifical DNA?
I have an idea about this, from thinking about it on my own. The bible says that the Holy Spirit ‘overshadowed Mary’.Did God make like a artifical sperm cell to fertelize Mary’s egg? Did he use artifical DNA?
I agree with you. If God can create the world from nothing, Adam form dirt, and Eve DIRECTLY FROM ADAM (A-L-O-N-E, without another female involved), surely he can form Christ inside Mary without a male. He is God, almight, all powerful, omnipotent… He can do anything anyway and anyhow he wishes… and that is our FAITH. He does not need to depend on a human male sperm for the incarnation of His Word. If you try to sort it out with only human reasoning it may never make sense. It takes faith, period.Surely the same God who created human DNA in the first place would not need to resort to artificial anything to create Jesus’ human body!
Jesus’ human body was a product of the same divine creative power that God used to create the very first man and woman, and every other type of life.
Only humans have to resort to using artificial means to mimic God’s creation.
Eh… God has no dna of any sort because he has no material form.It was a miraculous happening, God’s dna came together with Mary’s and Jesus I believe went through all the stages of the normal human development inside Mary.
I think you’re confusing Mormon teaching with mainstream Christian teaching. The Mormons (some of them at least) teach that God the Father (or the Holy Spirit) used his physical God-body to have some kind of sexual contact with Mary to create Jesus.It was a miraculous happening, God’s dna came together with Mary’s and Jesus I believe went through all the stages of the normal human development inside Mary.
You’re right, I see your point… God must have created that male strand DNA somehow in Mary in order to complete the conception process, otherwise, Jesus would have been a clone of Mary, and if he was a clone, he would have been another Mary. Thank you for clarifying with me.Jesus was fully human. That means he both maternal and paternal strands of DNA. He got his maternal strand from Mary. He got is paternal strand from the Holy Spirit.
How did it happen? If God can create the universe out of nothing then he can create a strand of DNA inside Mary.
The rest is a mystery. We will find out when we die. That’s all there is to it.
-Tim-
I just saw this old thread and wanted to ask if what you mean is Jesus got His y chromosome from the holy Spirit?Jesus was fully human. That means he both maternal and paternal strands of DNA. He got his maternal strand from Mary. He got is paternal strand from the Holy Spirit.
How did it happen? If God can create the universe out of nothing then he can create a strand of DNA inside Mary.
The rest is a mystery. We will find out when we die. That’s all there is to it.
-Tim-
We are not to resurrect old threads especially when the originator of the thread is banned and no longer a member of the forum.I just saw this old thread and wanted to ask if what you mean is Jesus got His y chromosome from the holy Spirit?
I didn’t realize the OP was banned. Sorry.We are not to resurrect old threads especially when the originator of the thread is banned and no longer a member of the forum.
If you want to discuss the same topic start a new thread.
Its not because the OP is banned. I just mentioned that. Even if he wasn’t banned this is an old thread. We are not to resurrect old threads.I didn’t realize the OP was banned. Sorry.
Are you kidding? God can do anything!!A similar debate comes up whenever the Nephilim are mentioned, many people say it is IMPOSSIBLE for something that is a spirit to either contribute to, or form genetic material, in order to produce a human fetus…if its impossible for the fallen angels, how was this possible?